Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (Release Date: 2017)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-03-16, 10:07 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<iframe width="660" height="415" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EQ0avL15mww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature two-on-two partner battles, similar to Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes and earlier installments in the franchise. The game will implement a returning gameplay mechanic from Marvel Super Heroes involving the Infinity Stones, where each stone provides a unique advantage to the player. Infinite will also include a cinematic story experience; single-player modes, such as Training, Mission, and Arcade Mode; and online multiplayer with ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectating
Only confirmed characters as of right now are: Ryu, Megaman X, Captain America, Captain Marvel, and Iron Man.

-------

I love this series and kind of worry how Marvel is going to control this one now. It's a different era than when MvC3 came out. I'd fucking kill to the get the Fantastic Four in there, all four of them. I'd imagine Logan would be in here too but... Marvel has been really weird w/ how any character associated w/ Fox mingles in whatever products they got going on. It'd be hard to believe that Wolverine wouldn't be in here but you never know w/ the landscape of Marvel now. Deadpool is a big thing now to consider . And even w/ that... how much the MCU may influence what characters go in or not now. I love the MCU but... I'd like to also have characters not in the films too.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 12-03-16 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-03-16, 11:07 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (Release Date: 2017)

If I was into fighting games, this would look spectacular...
Old 12-04-16, 12:09 AM
Banned

<iframe width="660" height="415" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NA6LaQFZuWw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-04-16, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

That's what IGN is saying that the characters will all come from Marvel Cinematic Universe so no X-Men, Deadpool or Fantastic Four. I hope they are wrong.
Old 12-04-16, 08:54 AM
Banned

And the trailer kind of hints at that too. W/ the infinity gems, now being called stones for the game. Power stone is purple and Time stone is green, we saw that for Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange. We always get an IM in these games too. So that's not surprising. But we get Captain Marvel too. Coincidental, I guess if you want. But we're getting her in the films too.

I'm expecting a great game out of this but also don't like the landscape that Marvel is creating for its other characters not in the MCU.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 12-04-16 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-04-16, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

No X-Men no sale.
Old 12-04-16, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

X-men have been such a big part of this franchise (and its predecessor), plus the art design will skew comic over cinematic anyway. Oh well. As long as they don't shoehorn Inhumans into the mutant roles, I guess.
Old 12-04-16, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts

Can't wait to see how they gouge us with this one.
$60 for 20 characters, but then DLC characters for $7 a pop, alternate costumes for $3 each and different stages for $4. If SFV is anything to go by, we'll be lucky to get an arcade mode...
Old 12-04-16, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 546 Likes on 399 Posts

Marvel has like 100 popular characters that aren't mutants I don't think they'll have a hard time filling the roster.
Old 12-04-16, 10:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Questyen
Marvel has like 100 popular characters that aren't mutants I don't think they'll have a hard time filling the roster.
They won't but it's also not that exciting to just get the MCU characters. Wolverine has been a pretty big part of this franchise. Not putting him in there would be a major disappointment.

Captain America, Hulk, Spidey, and Wolverine have been the 4 Marvel characters that have been through all 3 main MvC games. To boot out Logan would be a poor choice on their part.
Old 12-04-16, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

100 might be pushing it. Not sure if I can even think of 50 that i'd personally love to enjoy playing in a game like this.

Plus, as someone that originally loved X-Men Children of the Atom where all this kind of started and with X-Men being my favorite comic book, I'd be bummed out.

At least it doesn't appear be Playstation exclusive like SF5 was.
Old 12-04-16, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Never got into these games. With all the chaotic action and 6,500 hit combos, is it even possible to be good at the game without being on adderall?
Old 12-04-16, 06:18 PM
Banned

Are you any good at fighting games? It's just a much faster paced game. It's really not that complex compared to SF5. Just the pacing. The pacing is very different.
Old 12-04-16, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

I don't suck, but I'm no better than ok really. I don't have it in me to string together long combos and juggling, etc.
Old 12-04-16, 07:30 PM
Banned

There is juggling in Capcom but it's more of a MK issue. I can't stand how MK is so much juggling. It's just poor gameplay to me. Also very stilted combos. No fluidity to them. Capcom gives a set number of combos they can figure out for you but a lot of it is you creating that stuff. It's all about knowing your character and timing. Back in the day w/ MvC2. I was fucking wild for Spidey. He wasn't top tier but I knew how to fucking use him all too fucking well cuz he's an awkward character in stance and the whatnot.
Old 12-04-16, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
There is juggling in Capcom but it's more of a MK issue.
No one has more juggling than SNK!

Spoiler:

Old 12-04-16, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fumanstan
100 might be pushing it. Not sure if I can even think of 50 that i'd personally love to enjoy playing in a game like this.

Plus, as someone that originally loved X-Men Children of the Atom where all this kind of started and with X-Men being my favorite comic book, I'd be bummed out.

At least it doesn't appear be Playstation exclusive like SF5 was.
Well even back in the day they made some really odd choices. Shuma Gorath, Blackheart, Spiral, Omega Red, Silver Samurai, etc., but it gave some diversity to the gameplay. I'm just tired of them excluding mutants in everything because of the licensing rights that they gave up that are totally unrelated to video games.

On the other hand, there are so few new characters in comics (or in Capcom for that matter) that they'll pretty much have the exact same pool of characters to pick from as they did last time, except with Dr. Strange, Bucky, black Panther, Captain Marvel, Gwenpool and maybe Squirrel Girl if they do go to the comics and don't just stay cinematic.

Speaking of DLC I'm still a bit surprised they haven't gouged us with a console Marvel Heroes or a Future Fight.
Old 12-04-16, 11:12 PM
Banned

<iframe width="660" height="415" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qlm-GWi_zMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was actually ecstatic about some of the characters they got in the last one. UMvC3 added a good bit of variety to it.
Old 12-05-16, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What happened to Cap's neck in that still?

Modern Captain Marvel strikes me as a character they really want to promote (haven't read Civil War 2 but I know she's a central figure), but who just has never taken off creatively. And here she is front and center again.
Old 12-05-16, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts

Her 50 issue Ms Marvel series from a few years back was an amazing run. She has been on the rise since switching to Captain. I see her cosplayed a lot as well.

Last edited by stingermck; 12-05-16 at 07:11 AM.
Old 12-05-16, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad this isn't a PS4 exclusive. I would have bought SFV but I am not buying a PS4 to play it.
Old 12-05-16, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fujishig
What happened to Cap's neck in that still?

Modern Captain Marvel strikes me as a character they really want to promote (haven't read Civil War 2 but I know she's a central figure), but who just has never taken off creatively. And here she is front and center again.
Originally Posted by stingermck
Her 50 issue Ms Marvel series from a few years back was an amazing run. She has been on the rise since switching to Captain. I see her cosplayed a lot as well.
Yeah. The switch to Captain got her some very good people working on her. I mean, I always loved her when she was Ms. Marvel cuz she was a cool character to be supporting but never worth a title before. She got her own though after some time... and it was good. But she was always a supporting character. And now she isn't. It happens. Some characters become lead characters and works. Some don't. She did. She's always been a good supporting character in the 2000s but now made better since the switch to Captain. They did some great work on her. I'm pretty giddy for the movie of her coming up w/ Brie Larson as Carol Danvers.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 12-05-16 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-05-16, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
No one has more juggling than SNK!

Spoiler:

I'd call that jiggling.
Old 12-05-16, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Yeah. The switch to Captain got her some very good people working on her. I mean, I always loved her when she was Ms. Marvel cuz she was a cool character to be supporting but never worth a title before. She got her own though after some time... and it was good. But she was always a supporting character. And now she isn't. It happens. Some characters become lead characters and works. Some don't. She did. She's always been a good supporting character in the 2000s but now made better since the switch to Captain. They did some great work on her. I'm pretty giddy for the movie of her coming up w/ Brie Larson as Carol Danvers.
I agree that the Ms Marvel run was good, because it was basically her becoming a premiere superhero after she saw what she could be in House of M. But after that she's had some good creative teams but none seem to have lasted all that long. Ah well, the more obscure characters there are, the better.
Old 04-25-17, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Launches September 19, 8 New Fighters Confirmed

Ultron and Sigma combine to forge a world-shattering new threat.

Posted by Peter Rosas Capcom, Associate Producer

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dzKDH9h2ucg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As exciting as our prior Marvel vs. Capcom fighting games have been, we’ve never seen a true fusion of the two iconic universes. Yes, heroes and villains crossed the stream, so to speak, but did we ever really see the worlds collide? In Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, not only will combatants from both sides be hurled into chaos, but they’ll also be hounded by the game’s titanic new threat — Ultron Sigma, a fusion of two of the most menacing mechanoids from the Marvel and Capcom universes.

Ultron. Sigma. Infinity Stones. Marvel and Capcom locations fused together. What more do you need?

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will officially launch on September 19, 2017. And once you’ve (Presumably!) saved the universe in Story Mode, you’ll still have Arcade, Training, and Mission modes to consider, plus various multiplayer offerings, naturally.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite | PlayStation.com

And who’s fighting to save the day? We’re pleased to announce the following additions to the Infinite roster:
  • Ultron
  • Hulk
  • Thor
  • Hawkeye
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Chun-Li
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Chris Redfield
Pre-orders begin today, and there are three different ways to join the fight against Ultron Sigma.

Standard Edition ($59.99 MSRP)
Pre-order the Standard Edition and receive Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu Premium Costumes. Oh, and the game, obviously.

Deluxe Edition ($89.99 MSRP)

Pre-order the Deluxe Edition and receive the main game, the two aforementioned costumes (Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu), and two additional costumes — Gladiator Hulk and Command Mission X! The Deluxe Edition also includes the 2017 Character Pass, which gives you access to six post-launch characters — the first one being Sigma himself!

Collector’s Edition ($199.99 MSRP)
Pre-order this bad boy and you’re gonna be the proud new owner of four detailed, interlinking dioramas from TriForce, plus LED-powered Infinity Stones and the Deluxe Edition of the game. Make some room on your desk before you pre-order!

Check with your individual retailers for details in Europe and Australia, as some offers may vary.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.