Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Defiance

Old 08-02-13, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Defiance

Originally Posted by K&AJones
For those who just got the game I'll put these two links up to really help you out and get most of the basics down though you'll still have questions....

http://www.ign.com/wikis/defiance

http://www.defiancedata.com/

Defiance Data is one of the best out there. For one when you do daily and weekly contracts it will post what they are and the best places to go to get them done.

As to advice.....

* Hit Ark Falls any chance you get. The "Red Crystals" you shoot as much as posible for high damge numbers and leave the "Small Bugs Alone!!"...they create the glowing holes. "Blue Crytals"...shoot everything period!!

*Do your main and side missions as they'll not only add XP but pay close attention to your "Goals". Finish them and you get rewards, stuff, XP and boosts your ego. When you level up you get points for "Perks" which do come in handy. There are about 6-8 Perks that are a must to have.

* Know your Synergy's...some are better than others in terms of damage, bonus, shiled, life, grenade regen, etc...Some will also have four slots on a wepon and some only one or two.

* Know your weapons, colors and types of damage. The best gun overall in the game ios a LMG SAW in terms of power, distance and damage folowed closely by the Assault Rifle. Shotguns come in many flavors; I like the Auto ones as the Pump as to be reloaded individual shells. Do not underestimate the Sawed Off Courier which has become a favorite not the Infectors. Some don't like them but they come in many flavors so pay attention to what damage they do; especially to Hellbugs themselves. Same with BMG's which you want in one or two rotations. They are a must at Ark Falls and healing yourself in touchy situations.

* Manage your loadouts with matching Synergy's, good weapon combos and correct Perks
This takes some work and patience...trying to match up matching Synergy's with a decent comb with Perks that will fit. Whatever you do....make sure the two weapons you have in a loadout have matching Synergy.

* Do a lot of the "Spontaneous" side and on-the-road missions you come across. Most of the time others will be there or join but it's XP, gains weapon experience and usually not that bad.

* Concentrate at first on just a few weapon types and get them leveled up. Don't try to do all the weapons and level them, Sort of stagger them a bit.

* Grab about anything that is dropped and break it down to salvage. Here's the way to look at it...One "Key" is 1000 salvage....it takes "24" for a Tier 3 Box. White items gets you 250, Green items gets you 500, Blue items gets you 750 and Purple gets you 1000 salvage. Between buying keys and getting them from Ark Falls you can get several chances at the Locked Boxes which can get you better weapons, grenades and shields. If you get crappy stuff just break them down. You want to max your salvage any chance you can.
Thanks for the tips! The game is great but there is a lot to learn on your own. I feel like you just gave me a tutorial. Achievement unlocked for you! (if I could)
Old 08-02-13, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Got it on ps3 and downloading the patch now. Was looking up what the level cap is 5,000

There must get a ton of quests for it to be that high.
Old 08-03-13, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

I've had the game since the third week of it's release and my Ego Level is 2400. I haven't played like every night but in terms of hours; I have a lot in this. I have some friends who are actaully up near that 5000 mark and have leveled out almost every weapon (which is 20 by the way). Some like the Sniper, sawed off & pump shotguns, rocket launchers can take a long, long time to level up.

Quests...well it's actaully almost non-stop. You've got your "main Missions" which are storyline and normally do alone. When you do one it opens up one, two or more side missions. Then you have your time racing and Hot Shot modes. Throw in all the random stuff that happens with Hellbugs, Afflected, Raiders, Miners, Dark Matter, The Volge, Scappers and of course Ark Falls; all of which goes on 24/7.

When starting out you'll level up fairly quick but the higher you go the more XP it takes to level up to the next. Same with weapons. As you level up each type of weapon and your EGO it takes little more to level up the weapon. But the rewards are worth it because with each you'll get higher percentage of say melee, critical hit, overall damage, recoil, fire rate, etc...

Bottomline...there is a lot to do and stay busy, either alone or with friends. Alone I would tackle the Ark Falls and jump in the random stuff whenever possible. Also be aware that you do level up your rides so just driving around helps boost it as well. Be sure to use the boost whenever possible because using it gets you something.

On main and side missions...try to grab a friend if possible. Doing with others that are in the same mix really helps out and you can go thru several in one night. Some of these are quite tough alone especially when you reach San Fran. Anytime you see a mission with 3000-3500 XP reward...expect a tough fight. And don't forget to do a lot of the co-op matches. A good place to bump up your weapon, complete daily contracts, gain some XP and get a few Keys. I actually like these.
Old 08-03-13, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I don't remember if it was mentioned in this thread but even if you arent in the mood to do an arkfall if there is one going on nearby run over and shoot something and then go back to whatever you were doing. You will get credit for the arkfall once it ends so it is basically some free keys.
Old 08-03-13, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea...that's about right. I've done several Ark Falls where I go in on the last one, fired a few shots and wam...it was over and I still got 3-4 Keys and XP. I tend to stick around and either just pound away at the Crystal or get enemy kills for either contracts, wepon leveling or to add to a pursit with EGO Powers. Also be aware when doing them, all you really need to do is "Tag" each enemy and you'll get credit. That's why so many like to use BMG's and Infectors around them.
Old 08-23-13, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow...was about to give this game some pretty high marks until this week. I should have finished up the story before Monday. Had about 3 missions left. Since then between all the patching and server down time I've been able to play occasionally and make it to the final mission. Over 4 days. Now today I keep trying to play the final mission and get booted after about 15 minutes.

I know they are trying to release a new DLC and probably only have about 2 employees left after all the layoffs but this is ridiculous. I'm not sure at this point whether I've had more wait time trying to patch and connect to the servers or actually playing the game. I want to just finish the final mission and then be rid of it. I have fun when I can actually play it. Guess the xbox world isn't ready for an online only game. Titanfall you're forewarned. Glad I bought it on the cheap. Rant over.
Old 09-11-13, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Now down to $9.99 at GameStop
Old 12-11-17, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...talk about digging up the graveyard of long and forgotten games but....

Defiance is in Development for Current Generation Hardware; Here’s What Trion Worlds Has Planned
Trion Worlds reveals their plans for Defiance on current generation hardware and we got to see it on PlayStation 4.

Defiance was initially launched in 2013 as an MMO Third person shooter accompanied by a television show tie-in. Although the idea was unique in premise and execution, the television show ended, but the game continued to evolve to be its own experience. A part of this evolution was publisher Trion Worlds announcing that the game would be free-to-play in 2014.

Now, four and half years later, Defiance has a stable online community of players and receives regular updates, but Trion Worlds feels that it’s time to do more with this IP. The team wishes to take the game to the next step in its evolution by releasing it on current generation consoles.

Speaking with Trion Worlds, the developer doesn’t want to just announce a current generation Defiance and release it months later. Instead, they want to prove to the community that they are capable of improving the game with updated systems and graphics, but what seems to be the most important thing to them is what the players want to see.

https://www.dualshockers.com/defianc...orlds-planned/
Old 03-23-18, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is from late Feb.....

Defiance 2050 Announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, With First Details and Trailer

https://www.dualshockers.com/defianc...tails-trailer/

Trion Worlds has been supporting their video game cross television series online TPS title Defiance since its launch in 2013 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Now, the developer has announced Defiance 2050 as a “from-the-ground-up” recreation of Defiance for current generation hardware, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Defiance 2050 is set 20 years after the Arkfall event left millions of Votans deads and brought Earth to resemble a post-apocalyptic landscape. Interestingly this setting lines up where the current story of Defiance is in the timeline, which originally began 15 years after the event. Players will explore this desolate version of San Francisco in an open-world while taking on story-driven missions as they fight for their survival.

Defiance 2050 Open Beta Announced; Coming Next Month

As previously announced, Defiance 2050 will be getting a private beta, and it's set to run from April 20, 2018, to April 22, 2018, on all platforms.

https://www.dualshockers.com/defianc...en-beta-april/
Old 07-11-18, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You can now DL the game for free....it does have in game items you can buy with "Credits" (real money)...had a fun time with this on the 360 and will see later after the DL....