Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

EA Sports UFC 3.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-17, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
EA Sports UFC 3.

The trailer above is short and sweet, but a more in-depth first look is coming on November 3. There is little to draw from the video above, although you can clearly see champions and legends like Demetrious Johnson, Anderson Silva, and Joanna Jedrzecyk in the preview.

Expect a boatload of information to come in later in the week.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma...1#3ae859368b87
Old 11-03-17, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: EA Sports UFC 3.

Spoiler:

Release date: 2/2/18.

Last edited by Sonny Corinthos; 11-03-17 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-03-17, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

I want to love these games, but the learning curve is so extreme (especially grappling).
Old 11-03-17, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 11-06-17, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
I want to love these games, but the learning curve is so extreme (especially grappling).
Yep. I hate to say this, but if they were more aracadey I'd be inclined to buy them Day 1.
Old 11-06-17, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Yep. I hate to say this, but if they were more aracadey I'd be inclined to buy them Day 1.
I hear this a lot but it's really not. The real problem is the stuff you have to learn on your own - this is where EA screwed up - here's some tips.

If you max your character out with grappling skills only (including takedown offense and defense) people always thought you have to wait for your opponent to be tired before you take them down, that's not true at all, you can take them down right at the start of the fight.

When you're opponent becomes stunned from a hard strike, don't touch the directional stick at all...just keep tapping the punch buttons - this will make your character walk forward while throwing finishing punches for the knockout - if you touch the direction stick, he'll stop walking.

...so much more but you get the idea - I'm personally wondering if EA will make this more arcade like - not even due to the amount of moves there are but because you never have access to all of them with any one fighter - I mean, what is the point? Here is an example, Royce Gracie is an excellent jiu-jitsu fighter yet your limited to 2 submissions (out of the ton that are available) that you can attempt - beyond stupid.
Old 12-04-17, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

L00t boxes for better punching!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qIIQpg8PY4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-04-17, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I DL the beta last night - I was definitely underwhelmed as they added nothing new graphic-wise - it's literally the same exact graphics and environments from the second game.

But with that said, I still might buy it because of the new movements and how it feels a lot more fluid - they freed up big punches and kicks from the bumper buttons for more moves but it's weird tapping a punch and kick button to throw an uppercut.

Ground game seems to be improved as well - I was getting take downs early on and the AI didn't seem to cheap me when I got top mount - but with that said, I was playing on easy.

If you download the beta they give you damn near an entire weight class of fighters to use so that was nice.
Old 12-04-17, 05:39 PM
Banned - I'm a Racist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It’s EA. Of course it’s the same game
Old 12-11-17, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
L00t boxes for better punching!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qIIQpg8PY4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Thanks for the heads up. That makes this go from a day one purchase to an instant pass for me.
Old 01-12-18, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bruce Lee Returning Player Bonus.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/n...g-player-bonus
Old 02-28-18, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I was impressed to see the visuals have improved and the new career mode has been vastly improved but still needs some improvement but again, It's really nice.

The controls are much faster now - punches get thrown in rapid succession with ease and your characters move better.

But the downside.....this is now a striking only game - I couldn't pull off a submission even on easy mode - even with my stamina up, the guy dazed, and having already pummeled him.

Sucks - grappling and submissions were the areas I was hoping they would improve on the most and they just left them in the dust.
Old 06-05-18, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So they have REALLY improved this game overall now. Submissions are no longer impossible, you punch while backing up, and a TON more.

New moves have been added after breaking from the clinch as well - opponents can't cheat with ridiculous follow up strikes if you counter properly.

I could go on and on but there's just too much. Career mode got a lot better as well.

This is just for anyone interested who was on the fence originally.
Old 06-05-18, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

^^ I might try this out now... thanks for the update!