Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

“Gridiron Champions” a College Football game debuts in 2020.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-18, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Get ready college fans, you’ll soon be able to play college football in the virtual world once again.

IMackulate Vision Gaming (IMV), the company that has been working towards bringing a college football game back to players, has announced that their fully-featured game “Gridiron Champions” is launching in 2020.

The release date reveal comes on the heels of the company announcing that it is now backed by a “top-tier investment core group” that have contractually agreed to assist the company in raising capital that is expected to surpass $10 million.

This group, according to IMV, also acts as strategic consults for the company and is helping them take the company public.

Going public could prove to be extremely beneficial because it gives the company the chance to strengthen its capital base, make future acquisitions easier, and diversifies ownership.

As mentioned in the past, the first installment of Gridiron Champions will be an unlicensed title. That said, plans are in place for IMV to pursue licensing agreements for the second installment of the series. It’s yet another potential benefit of taking the company public.

With no license, Gridiron Champions will be a fully customizable experience. From schools to players to stadiums to conferences and playoffs, players will be able to create the college football experience of their dreams.

Even a bowl and playoff system will be implemented for players. “There is no college football game on the market that offers a creative experience like Gridiron Champions and we’re excited to be the first to hit the marketplace in 2020,” Alex Lewis, CEO of IMV, said.

Full development is slated to begin in the coming months, and fans will be kept in the loop with a number of behind-the-scenes videos and even a development podcast.

Over 1,300 players have preordered the game since May 2017, and a first-look demo and video is expected to come in the near future.

Should Gridiron Champions be a success, IMV has made it known that they plan to pursue a college basketball game in 2021 on top of the sequel to their college football title.

Gridiron Champions will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam when it launches, and will cost a retail price of $59.99.

http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/co...eturning-2020/

Without the college football team's license, i'm not so sure if this will go over well with gamers.
Old 04-23-18, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Re: “Gridiron Champions” a College Football game debuts in 2020.

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos

Without the college football team's license, i'm not so sure if this will go over well with gamers.
Without college licenses, this game stands to be about as popular as Blood Bowl II.

I never really understood the problem : License the schools, stadiums and uniforms, have stock or create-your-own players for every team. Student athletes really have nothing to complain about as long as their names/stats/likenesses aren't being used.
Old 04-23-18, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

This game's price will drop like a rock after release. I'll check it out when it hits $20.
Old 04-23-18, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to short this game and the company that has raised $10M for this game
Old 04-23-18, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I fast forwarded thru the video... odd that there is a basketball game going on there. I'd love, love, love to get a next-gen REAL college football and basketball game. Never going to happen though. Best we can hope is something like this takes off and the community supports it.
Old 04-23-18, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

There is maybe a 10% chance this game ever comes out.
Old 04-29-18, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

2020? They might as well go for PS5 and whatever the next Xbox is called.
Old 05-01-18, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Old 05-08-18, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

If there is the ability to create or upload real teams/players, then I'm in. But I'm dubious this will ever come out.
Old 05-09-18, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Pass.

No NCAA licenses, real schools, conferences, No sale.

and who the hell has the time to edit all those rosters to create real schools?

I wonder why EA didn't just create generic players with different numbers that didn't look like their real counterparts to avoid potential lawsuits like the one that killed the industry.
Old 05-09-18, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Pass.

No NCAA licenses, real schools, conferences, No sale.

and who the hell has the time to edit all those rosters to create real schools?

I wonder why EA didn't just create generic players with different numbers that didn't look like their real counterparts to avoid potential lawsuits like the one that killed the industry.
Probably a few. I remember the last NCAA Football game I got, the rosters were all ready to go. But not having the real schools with logos could be an issue, so yeah.
Old 05-09-18, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Probably a few. I remember the last NCAA Football game I got, the rosters were all ready to go. But not having the real schools with logos could be an issue, so yeah.
Yeah, but that was mainly just the names, because the likenesses were already in there (so I can understand the lawsuit). Sure, people did tweaks to the roster, but I doubt you'll get someone to do it for all the college football teams out there.

At least this wasn't kickstarted, I guess.
Old 05-09-18, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

It's too bad that none of the NCAA Football and basketball games for the XBox 360 are not backwards compatible with the XBox One. I would have kept the ones I sold just to have it.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-10-18 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-10-18, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
but I doubt you'll get someone to do it for all the college football teams out there.
I never under-estimate the power of the internet to get this done. I fully expect someone to have everything updated within a week of release... if released.