Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead (S8E16) -- Season Finale -- "Wrath" -- 4/15/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-15-18, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,630 Likes on 2,604 Posts

"The Walking Dead" Season 8 finale airs Sunday, April 16th at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. On the season 8 finale episode, "Wrath," the season's storylines culminate in all out war when the communities join forces in the last stand against the Saviors.

Episode 16 of 16

Will be back for a 9th season in the Fall.

For anyone who wants to stay up late and watch Talking Dead at 11:15pm ET, here's the guest list:

"THE WALKING DEAD" SHOWRUNNER SCOTT M. GIMPLE, "THE WALKING DEAD" CREATOR ROBERT KIRKMAN, "THE WALKING DEAD" CO-STARS ANDREW LINCOLN AND LENNIE JAMES AND "FEAR THE WALKING DEAD" CO-STARS DANAY GARCIA AND GARRET DILLAHUNT JOIN "TALKING DEAD" AT 11:15PM ET/PT
Old 04-15-18, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S8E16) -- Season Finale -- "Wrath" -- 4/15/18

Finally, the night we've been waiting for: the two F-bombs we were promised this season!
Old 04-15-18, 10:02 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

so based on that Talking Dead guest list, nobody of importance dies tonight.
Old 04-15-18, 07:15 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

So this is a normal hour long episode?
Old 04-15-18, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
So this is a normal hour long episode?
The thread for FTWD says it starts at 10:10 ET, so I guess TWD is 70 minutes tonight.
Old 04-15-18, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,876 Posts

Calling it now:
Spoiler:
Eugene is going to sabotage the Saviours' bullets, and Negan's "trap" will blow up in his face, possibly quite literally.)
Old 04-15-18, 07:33 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Calling it now:
Spoiler:
Eugene is going to sabotage the Saviours' bullets, and Negan's "trap" will blow up in his face, possibly quite literally.)
yep, definitely that first part. No other reason spending so much time hammering it into the audiences heads.
Old 04-15-18, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I really wish they would have left Morgan's fate unknown.
Old 04-15-18, 09:22 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

terrible episode.
terrible finale.

I'll watch the premiere due to this "will be a new show" bullshit angle they came up with, but it is more of the same I'm done.
Old 04-15-18, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

The only thing more annoying than Carl in life is Carl in death.

Holy shit that was about as lame and predictable as possible.
Old 04-15-18, 10:33 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Pretty predictable ending, but I really didn't have much of an issue with it. The way they wrote Morgan off the show was kind of awkward, but I guess it will get me to watch a few more episodes of Fear.

Spoiler:
Maybe it will be a good thing if they just skip over the Whisperers, or work them in later.
Old 04-15-18, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 839 Likes on 586 Posts

Yea, pretty predictable.

Letting Negan live was stupid. You've killed so many people already, and did so in this episode as well - what's one more person? Especially since it's Negan. Keeping him alive isn't sending any more a message than keeping the other Saviours alive.

This could've worked as the series finale. Not sure I see anything refreshing that'll come in future seasons.
Old 04-15-18, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Yea, pretty predictable.

Letting Negan live was stupid. You've killed so many people already, and did so in this episode as well - what's one more person? Especially since it's Negan. Keeping him alive isn't sending any more a message than keeping the other Saviours alive.

This could've worked as the series finale. Not sure I see anything refreshing that'll come in future seasons.
Exactly. Other than pissing off Maggie and Darryl, which is apparently what they're going for. I was hoping Darryl would just put a bolt through Negan's head once Rick said he didn't want him killed.

So I take it the note from Dwight's wife was telling him to meet her at their honeymoon location, so he is effectively given a happy sendoff?

Last edited by andicus; 04-15-18 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-15-18, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,876 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega
Pretty predictable ending, but I really didn't have much of an issue with it. The way they wrote Morgan off the show was kind of awkward, but I guess it will get me to watch a few more episodes of Fear.

Spoiler:
Maybe it will be a good thing if they just skip over the Whisperers, or work them in later.
I've heard that hey're looking at a smaller cast for season nine. Since tonight's finale was relatively bloodless with no main or recurring characters dying, maybe
Spoiler:
we'll get a bunch of heads on poles early next season. Bye-bye Tara, Rosita, ezekial, and the rest of the b-team!

Old 04-15-18, 10:59 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

What ever happened to Heath???
Old 04-15-18, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega
What ever happened to Heath???
lol, we're not allowed to ask.
Old 04-15-18, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I've heard that hey're looking at a smaller cast for season nine. Since tonight's finale was relatively bloodless with no main or recurring characters dying, maybe
Spoiler:
we'll get a bunch of heads on poles early next season. Bye-bye Tara, Rosita, ezekial, and the rest of the b-team!

I don't think they even need to kill them off next season. There can just be a bunch of offhanded remarks about how Tara and Aaron went to live in Oceanside, for example, and we never see or hear of them again.

One way or the other, though, they need to trim the cast down significantly.
Old 04-16-18, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I guess from the sounds of things no one was really surprised by anything tonight, in particular that Carl ruined the end of the war from the grave. Saving Negan was farcical on top of the indiscriminate killing over the prior few minutes - not to mention the prior few months of history between him and, well, everyone else. Now we can look forward to a season of Negan loyalists plotting on how to break him out of that maximum security cinder block cell they will keep him in.
Old 04-16-18, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,630 Likes on 2,604 Posts

at Eugene sabotaging the Saviors bullets.

Good call on that. Yeah very predictable finale.

Gimple wasn't kidding that could have served as a "Series Finale" Next season is obviously a complete re-set. I guess for those who are absolutely bored to tears of this show, this could be a good stopping point for you unless your morbid curiosity can't keep you away come October.

I have a feeling that Negan will be written out probably within the first couple of episodes in season 9 as they sort of hinted with Maggie, Jesus and Daryl meeting together.

and Morgan was written out very awkwardly. I have a feeling this was shot and finished well before they decided to segue him to Fear. They gave no hint at all that he was leaving town and moving on.

Edit: Check that. Watching Fear the Walking Dead right now and it looks like they set up Morgan's exit on that show. Looks like they shot some extra scenes with TWD cast to set up his exit.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-16-18 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-16-18, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

So it ended exactly as everyone predicted before the season even began.

At least they didn't attempt to toss in some huge cliffhanger again.

So I guess next season we'll see Maggie rebel against Rick, while the meat of the season will be about working together to take out the big horde shown during the finale. Maybe we'll get something about the helicopter or the people in the van.
Old 04-16-18, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

I guess slitting someone's throat isn't that big of a deal.

What a horrible show.I think when Rosita punched Eugene in the face,maybe best part of the final.
Agree with the others very predictable episode.Jesus finally spoke on the second half of the this season.Going to miss Morgan.

Here is a list of characters I actually like in TWD these days:

Last edited by JoeySeven; 04-16-18 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-16-18, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts

As someone who never bothered with Fear the Walking Dead, is it worth the time to watch one episode for Morgan's exit?
Old 04-16-18, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
So it ended exactly as everyone predicted before the season even began.
I don’t know about that. The predictions kept claiming that they kill Negan, rinse and repeat.
Old 04-16-18, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have come to believe forums like this focus only on the negative, not just for this show, but for all shows on television. People tend to come to forums to bitch, but if they're satisfied with the show, they don't have a lot to say.

I'm not criticizing; I do the same exact thing.

And there was a lot of negative in this episode. No one wanted Negan to live; but I think we all knew he was going to. The final battle was a bit of a let down; there was a lot of preparation, but not a lot of fighting. We all expected people to die, but no one we knew did.

I didn't want Dwight to leave, but it looks like Sherry is still alive and he has the promise of seeing her again. That was really the only thing in the world he cared about. And I'm truly, truly sorry to see Morgan go. I hope someone who watches the show will let us know how it goes. I don't want to buy a season pass for it and throw my money away on something I hate as much as I did before.

I guess Maggie will be back next year after all. There was a lot of hype about her doing a new series, but maybe that was all just hype. I hope she'll have the baby by the time next season starts. It looks like we will see a bit of a time jump.

It seems to me the way they are offloading cast members is by dispersing them to different communities. With no central story they could easily just disappear or only show up very occasionally.

Now I'm going to say what I liked about the show. I did like the way the show ended. It looks like the focus going forward is going to be on fighting zombies, which is what most of the people in this forum and others I've visited really want. Sounds dull to me, but...

I've always been interested in the formation of communities and civilizations. We may get a view into that.

I'm glad no one died. I like the whole cast with the exception of Siddiq, or as I call him, Carlkiller.

I'm glad Eugene is back. I, for one, was very surprised he tampered with the bullets. I know people on here predicted it, but I thought he was really angry about being kidnapped by Rosita and Daryl and wanted them all to die, especially since they promised him the exact future they've sentenced Negan to.

As for Negan's wound, Rick made a very narrow cut in his throat, damaging his voice box, but not the jugular vein. He could survive that since they had a doctor nearby (one I HATE).

All in all, I enjoyed the finale. I found it very satisfying and hopeful for the future. I enjoyed the season. I still love the show. It's not perfect, but nothing is.

Many people consider Breaking Bad as the best show ever, at least on AMC. I enjoyed it, too. But after watching it through a couple of times I realized I hated the entire cast with the exception of the baby and Hank. That ruined it for me and I can't ever watch it again. I don't have that problem with this show. I still love most of the cast and can watch the episodes over and over (with a few exceptions, of course). In fact, I think I'll go do that now. Thanks for bearing through this rambling musing.

Last edited by smorbie; 04-16-18 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-16-18, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this season finale served as a series finale for me.

they lost me completely.. Mind you this past season, i was only watching some recaps or reading it. But this now furthers it to not watch at all.

Im sorry but making maggie a villian now?? come on. I can predict this already. The 1st half of the season will be maggie trying to one up rick and then the 1st half finale will be maggie dying by the whisperers. (since she is leaving the show)

the writing is horrible. Holy shit was it bad.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.