Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

TERA - F2P MMO now on PS4 and XBOX One

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-18, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
TERA - F2P MMO now on PS4 and XBOX One

This just launched the other day, is anyone else trying it out? It's been out on PC for a while now, but I never gave it a shot there.

I played for about an hour today, and got to level 12, so you level pretty quick at the start. I've been having fun, but have a few issues so far:
  1. The tutorial is a bit sparse, it took me some time to figure out what the buttons do, or how to customize them
  2. The font is too small. I don't see a way to change this, but it's tough to read in a lot of places
  3. Once I hit the first big city, it got LAGGGGGGGY
  4. Graphics seem pretty "meh" so far
  5. It took me a LONG time to figure out how to actually log out

I do like the more actiony combat though. Reminds me more of Wildstar than WoW.
Old 04-06-18, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: TERA - F2P MMO now on PS4 and XBOX One

Right now I've been playing Neverwinter and I've seen some comments and inquiries on the talk side about this and some interest. But I've looked at the gmeplay and there are parts that do resemble Neverwinter but the combat is a bit more in lne with say Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter with far oversized weapons. There seems to be far more "colorful effect" in this than in Neverwinter and even Elder Scrolls which I play from time-to-time.

The game itself and world area looks good but it will boil down to the characters on if some like them or think it might be a bit too cartoonish and/or anmie for their style of playing. Some actually look like they fit in Neverwinter though. It still might be too early to tell and just a wait and see. Some of us tried Skyforge which is a bit similar but the issue with that was when you get to a certain point it almost forces you into a Pay To Play...but in Elder Scrolls and even Neverwinter it can get to that as well but you have far more to do without the Pay To Play being a necessity.