Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Old 09-09-15, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Awesome, looking forward to messing around with it again. Old save data doesn't carry over right, gotta start over with each character and unlocking everything?
All my characters are back to level 1 and there was no hint at a Borderlands-style 360->X1 cloud transfer. I don't think the X1 games have access to the 360's cloud storage either for it to automatically find it there unless you're playing the BC version of a 360 game.
Old 09-09-15, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

How to transfer your Castle Crashers Xbox 360 save data to your Xbox One
Old 09-09-15, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts

Wow, didn't think they'd let you do that. Awesome, again.
Old 09-09-15, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

That's awesome! Totally didn't think it was possible, and made better by the cute instructions
Old 09-10-15, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So there is a Borderlands-style transfer! Sweet, thanks!
Old 09-10-15, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Goddamn. The Behemoth don't mess around w/ being awesome.
Old 09-10-15, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks for those of us who didn't keep a relatively old console around though.

Looks like I won't be able to transfer my save.
Old 09-10-15, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I do agree with that. MS really needs to allow X1 games to access the old 360 cloud for these saves.
Old 09-10-15, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
It looks like that is where mine got dumped as well. Since those funnel from the rewards site, do they expire?
I noticed that when I check my Microsoft Account balance now it shows that the credits added from the reward site expires in a year.

Also noticed I have $3.48 that expires in a month Expiration is so freakin dumb.
Old 09-11-15, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
I do agree with that. MS really needs to allow X1 games to access the old 360 cloud for these saves.
This game doesn't use the Cloud save, but rather a special upload/download transfer in the same way that you can transfer a game save from the PS3 to the Vita.
Old 09-11-15, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker
This game doesn't use the Cloud save, but rather a special upload/download transfer in the same way that you can transfer a game save from the PS3 to the Vita.
I know. In other words a "Borderlands-style" transfer

Hence the need for MS to allow X1 games to access the regular 360 storage (read-only, fine) to make things easier for their customers.
Old 09-11-15, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Sucks for those of us who didn't keep a relatively old console around though.

Looks like I won't be able to transfer my save.
You should be able to use the Backwards Compatibility version of the original 360 game to do the transfer too, once that is released. Apparently the original game saved to the gamertag:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...6#post22437276
Old 09-11-15, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I noticed that when I check my Microsoft Account balance now it shows that the credits added from the reward site expires in a year.

Also noticed I have $3.48 that expires in a month Expiration is so freakin dumb.
Thanks, I didn't even know you could check that online. I agree, it's dumb as hell that stuff can even expire.
Old 11-06-15, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

NewEgg is selling $100 Xbox credit for $85 with promo code EMCKKAT37

Not a huge deal, but 15% extra on future deals might be handy, especially with the year-end sale they do.
Old 12-09-15, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/6/985...ist-comparison

Pretty cool breakdown on the Games with Gold games for 2015. I've done a pretty shitty job about remembering to grab some of the 360 games recently.
Old 09-13-17, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Bringing back this thread for a short time announcement, but looks like Indie games are hitting the dust (the usual you will be able to download your old purchased games but everything else is being delisted). You can read more about it here.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n29...e-game-program
Old 09-13-17, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Bringing back this thread for a short time announcement, but looks like Indie games are hitting the dust (the usual you will be able to download your old purchased games but everything else is being delisted). You can read more about it here.

It sucks that a lot of these games will sort of just "disappear" for newer gamers. Although there was a lot of crap, there were some good games in there. Also MS hasn't made any of the XBLIG backwards compatible on the XB1, so the only way to play any of them on console is with a 360.

Ironically, some of the better/more popular games are still available for purhcase/play on PC, since porting from XNA to PC was possible, and Windows can still run these older executables.

Going forward, it looks like developers may be able to move their older games from XNA to MonoGame for publishing on PS4 and XB1:
https://www.windowscentral.com/monog...oper-interview

The XBLIG Bleed was recently ported to Xbox One and PS4.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...4-and-xbox-one

There doesn't seem to be an exhaustive list of games that were released in the store, except for Microsoft's own store listing:
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/XboxIndieGames
Old 09-13-17, 11:36 AM

Agreed on all points, this weekend I'll take a look and grab what's left and post here any "must haves". There were some real gems in there and it's a shame that it's going to dust.
Old 09-13-17, 11:49 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

I think I bought a few of these over the years, but doesn't look like an area that will be missed much.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/XboxIndieGames
Old 09-13-17, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Agreed on all points, this weekend I'll take a look and grab what's left and post here any "must haves". There were some real gems in there and it's a shame that it's going to dust.
I found a site that specialized in XBLIG reviews that has a "leaderboard" of the top 40 games the site reviewed. The page also has a list of a few readers' top tens as well:
https://thexblig.com/leaderboards/
Old 09-13-17, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

It looks like almost all of the highly rated ones are available on steam.
Old 09-13-17, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Questyen
It looks like almost all of the highly rated ones are available on Steam.
Yeah, although they can be more expensive. Dead Pixels is $1 on XBLIG, but $2.99 on Steam, although I imagine it goes on sale on Steam from time to time.
Old 09-14-17, 08:14 AM

Welp, last night I took a look at what I had, and what was on the indy list.

I can safely recommend the following four:

Bonded Realities
Breath of Death VII
Cthulhu Saves the World
Johnny Carnage

The first three fit into the 8/16 bit RPG (think the first couple of Final Fantasies) and Johnny is a pretty darn good shooter, in the vein of Contra.

I am looking at the following (and Steam isn't an option for me) after running through about the first 800-1000 titles (there are 3404 I believe):
DLC Quest $1.00
Hartacon Tactics $0.99
DLC Quest: Live Freeminum or Die $1.00
Unholy Heights $2.99 (combined an apartment simulation and tower defense, seemed delightful)
Penny Arcade's Rain-Slick 4 $4.99 (a little pricey, but seemed good)
Aphelion $2.99
Aphelion 2 $2.99 (both of these called back to my Phantasy Star days)
Evil Quest $1.00
Doom & Destiny $4.99 (has that 8/16 bit RPG vibe...but this one might miss the cut)
Penny Arcade's Rain Slick 3 $2.99
Arcade Craft $2.99 (I think we've talked about this one before in here, but it's where you run an arcade and it's pretty hard from what I remember)
Wizorb $1.00 (basically Arkanoid with a few cute twists).

Edit:
From that Top 40 list (thanks Jay!), I'll also take a look at:
Magicians & Looters $2.99 (Metroid-vania)
Shipwreck $2.99 (Zelda clone)

Obviously, I probably won't grab all of them...but just what i'm looking at (and I needed some place to write it down and I tend to lose paper ).

2nd EDIT:
My writeup on this (thanks again to Jay for the links):

http://www.kedrix.net/psa-360-indie-...ber-29th-2017/

Last edited by Kedrix; 09-14-17 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-09-18, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Eight XBLA Delistings Bring in the New Year

The list of the removed titles is below. Some of the titles still have demos to download, but you will no longer be able to purchase the full title. If you have already purchased the titles, they should still be listed in your download history for you to download from there.

A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX
Chime
DeathSpank: The Baconing
Greed Corp
Polar Panic
Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
The Adventures of Shuggy
Xotic