Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Gears of War 3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-12, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Gears of War 3 thread

Gears 2 was a lot of fun. Probably my favorite SP story from the three.
Old 02-15-12, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the ones wanting to improve their MP skills, I found these videos interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/show/gow3tipsandtactics?s=1

Right now they are pretty basic but I thought they were interesting, they actually show you a screen with the controller, what buttons to push and so on.
Old 02-15-12, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Ah! Thanks for that. I've been killed many times by pricks who know those tactics.

Things I need to learn:

1. How to zig zag quickly while someone is shooting so I can shotgun them. (not in the videos)
2. Right/Left hand advantage
3. Sneaking up behind enemies and shotgunning them.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 02-16-12 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-17-12, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'Forces of Nature' DLC on March 27
Gears of War 3's fourth map pack has been unveiled.

'Forces of Nature' will feature five maps, including two remakes from previous games, and all have a shared theme of strong weather activity.

'Aftermath' is set in a government park that was struck by a tsunami, and features a ship washed up on top of buildings and high amounts of standing water.

'Artillery' is a former COG missile silo where players fight on the edge of a persistent storm.

The final new map is 'Cove', a stranded seaside port that is regularly blanketed by fog.

Of the remakes, 'Raven Down' from the first Gears of War is an infamous close-quarters map that is now covered in snow.

Finally, Gears of War 2's 'Jacinto' now features high levels of dangerous emulsion and Lambent stalks.

Elsewhere, 'Forces of Nature' will feature four new characters, three of which - Commando Dom, Mechanic Baird and Savage Grenadier Elite - are based on pre-order bonuses but with unique colors, and are branded as Limited Edition.

The new character, Savage Hunter, is a based on a breed of sand people out in the deadlands.

Seven new weapon skins will also be available, two of which are tied to an Achievement Easter Egg, and one colored blue and red for Major League Gaming.

Finally, Gears of War 2 mode Guardian, which was the basis for the Capture the Leader mode, will make a comeback.

'Forces of Nature' will be the fourth and final release in Gears of War 3's Season Pass, and comes with an additional 10 Achievements worth 250 Gamerscore.

It will be available from March 27 for 800 Microsoft Points (£6.80 / $10).
More detailed map info and pics here. I'm quoting a bit more info on the new weapons since those seem to be the most original addition here:
In addition to the maps, Fergusson revealed to GT.TV that the DLC will include a few Easter Eggs of sorts – four special weapons hidden in the maps called “Elemental Cleavers”. As an example of what you can expect, you'll be able to locate a “snow cleaver” that can gust an icy breeze at an enemy and stun them from a distance or an “emulsion cleaver” that explodes on impact and does a small amount of AOE burning damage to nearby enemies (in addition to the normal cleaver damage). Also, there are Achievements tied to these weapons for anyone that can find these cleavers and get 25 kills with them in Horde or Beast mode.

Last edited by MoviePage; 02-17-12 at 05:46 AM.
Old 11-16-17, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Gears of War 3 on Xbox One X is Sharper Than a Lancer Sawblade

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EG_jsWWbSUg" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...son-Video.html