Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Best Blu-ray player of 2017

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Best Blu-ray player of 2017

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-17, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your best recommendations for 2017 blu-ray player

Hey guys,

Well, as it turns out this year I won't be able to afford a decent PlayStation ( with student loans and all!!!!) , I was thinking of waiting it out anyway for their future-proof version. Does anyone know of a great blu-ray player that is region free, 3D enabled, Ultra 4K enabled, also capable of streaming, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, all the bells and whistles possible. I found one around for about $120 that was capable of 3D, 4K, and wi-fi.

The Blu-ray player does not HAVE to have all of the features I like , but the more the merrier. You guys know your stuff better then I do. My price range is $150 to $210, may have some wiggle room with money only if the blu-ray player is awesomely priced and has many features, otherwise not. Hope you can help, any suggestions? What do you recommend?

What company makes the best blu-ray players as of 2017? Which ones have you had the best luck with, in terms of lasting long, durable, well made, just , you know, an all around great blu-ray player? Or does brand mean nothing to you and if not what matters to you when finding good electronics, not just good blu-ray players, but good technology? Do you just have a knack for picking out good electronics or do you do thorough research on products before buy them ? As for myself, I do thorough research before buying anything, especially the more expensive an item is. I come knowledgeable people and forums like this for example, before buying electronic goods.

Thanks for any and all help. It will all be very, very much appreciated :-)

Last edited by sparkles; 11-14-17 at 06:38 PM. Reason: cant afford PlayStation so changed the post to blu-ray player info needed instead
Old 10-22-17, 09:58 PM

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,126 Posts
Re: Best Blu-ray player of 2017

I'd go with the PS4.
Old 10-23-17, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Just get the PS4 unless you're really strapped for cash. I'm still using my PS3 as my BD player, and it has periodically updated itself to add new features.
Old 10-26-17, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Just get the PS4 unless you're really strapped for cash. I'm still using my PS3 as my BD player, and it has periodically updated itself to add new features.
It's been awhile but wasn't there an old thread in the game forum about the PS3 production and support ending at the end of this year. Sucks since I still like it's features better than the PS4; especially it's Bluetooth remote.
Old 10-26-17, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mrhan
It's been awhile but wasn't there an old thread in the game forum about the PS3 production and support ending at the end of this year. Sucks since I still like it's features better than the PS4; especially it's Bluetooth remote.
I don't remember that, but one can never be surprised when a previous-gen console is shut down. I actually do have a PS4 with a media remote that I haven't opened yet, and I sometimes watch stuff on my X1, but that's not as reliable a streamer as the PS3 (and I hope the PS4). If my PS3 stops working, I'll switch.
Old 10-26-17, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
I don't remember that, but one can never be surprised when a previous-gen console is shut down. I actually do have a PS4 with a media remote that I haven't opened yet, and I sometimes watch stuff on my X1, but that's not as reliable a streamer as the PS3 (and I hope the PS4). If my PS3 stops working, I'll switch.
I hate the search function but I found it. You even commented in it.

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game...06-2017-a.html
Old 11-13-17, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, as it turns out this year I won't be able to afford the PlayStation , but I will buy it later on for sure. Does anyone know of a great Blu-ray player that is region free, 3D, 4K, capable of streaming, and Bluetooth, if possible. I saw one around for about $140 with all some of those features but lost I lost the link page to it. Anyway you guys know you stuff better then I. My price range is $150 to $210. The Blu-ray players don't have to have all of the features I mentioned above, but if you so let me know. Thanks guys:-)

Last edited by sparkles; 11-14-17 at 03:33 AM.
Old 11-13-17, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mrhan
I hate the search function but I found it. You even commented in it.

https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game...06-2017-a.html
Not surprised that I forgot my own part in that conversation.