ONLY Halo 3 thread - part deux.

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

ONLY Halo 3 thread - part deux.

Old 12-20-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: ONLY Halo 3 thread - part deux.

Originally Posted by scott1598
got it. thanks. thought it would be even an extra advantage with a newbie single player at first.
It would provide a small advantage by doing things like perfectly timing the bursts to max out damage and accuracy. Normally though you buy the controllers tweaked for a specific game (H3 is different than CoD).

I imagine if you are a total newbie to FPS to the point you are concerned about difficulty..... you don't need to be worrying about maximizing your rate of controlled fire.
Old 12-21-09, 07:08 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by xmiyux
It would provide a small advantage by doing things like perfectly timing the bursts to max out damage and accuracy. Normally though you buy the controllers tweaked for a specific game (H3 is different than CoD).

I imagine if you are a total newbie to FPS to the point you are concerned about difficulty..... you don't need to be worrying about maximizing your rate of controlled fire.
sounds good. i also liked the pretty pretty lights on some of them i saw.
i bought Halo: Combat Evolved and will give that a go before venturing into 3, and maybe 2.
Old 12-21-09, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You got the first one, might as well get the 2nd if you're getting three to play the whole trilogy.
Old 12-21-09, 12:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought Halo: Combat Evolved and will give that a go before venturing into 3, and maybe 2.
Originally Posted by ElementZ
You got the first one, might as well get the 2nd if you're getting three to play the whole trilogy.
This.

Each sequels' campaign builds on the story that preceded it, Halo 2 should be played before playing Halo 3.
Old 12-21-09, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenshiro
This.

Each sequels' campaign builds on the story that preceded it, Halo 2 should be played before playing Halo 3.
Well that and ODST between 2 & 3

I think I'm going to play through the series again over the holidays.

Also, if you want a forgiving online experience and have some friends with 360's Firefight in ODST is pretty straight forward, and you are working together rather than getting your head handed to you by a bunch of people you don't know.
Old 12-21-09, 05:54 PM

thanks for advice. will start with 1 and then see from there. no point even thinking of others if i haven't even played a minute of first. if i do love it, will most likely go in order of trilogy. makes sense don't it.
Old 12-22-09, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for advice. will start with 1 and then see from there. no point even thinking of others if i haven't even played a minute of first. if i do love it, will most likely go in order of trilogy. makes sense don't it.
The first one is good, just realize its a bit dated at this point. So if you like the mechanics, and overall feel of the game, then go ahead with the others. The first one can get a bit repetitive in places. I'd definitely recommend the series.
Old 12-22-09, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by sniper308
The first one is good, just realize its a bit dated at this point. So if you like the mechanics, and overall feel of the game, then go ahead with the others. The first one can get a bit repetitive in places. I'd definitely recommend the series.
sometimes for a non-hard core gamer repetitive action and simplistic controls is what i desire and look for in a game and this seems right up my alley.
Old 11-05-17, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Trees and plants look smoother, NPC faces are more detailed and the jagged edges are all smoothed off, making Halo 3 look the best it has ever looked on an Xbox.
<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nZ7K0uFmQAk" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...X---Video.html