Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Preacher (AMC) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 6/25/17

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-17, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Preacher (AMC) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 6/25/17

Of course Tulip is going to be raised by the witch just like it showed the chicken was still alive. I think I am done with this show since I am not really getting much point in watching it. I am not attached to any of the characters.
Old 09-13-17, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Still think the show is great. Thought Cassidy killing his kid was a little weak. I wanted to see some more evil from him. The escape with Hitler was odd but I liked it. I'm not sure why Hitler took off running but I'm sure we'll find out later.
Old 09-13-17, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I found the last few eps, if you fast forward everything with Tulip and Cassidy and only watch Herr and Jessie, its a lot better.

And you're done in 15 mins
Old 09-13-17, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
I found the last few eps, if you fast forward everything with Tulip and Cassidy and only watch Herr and Jessie, its a lot better.

I have all the series recorded and only watched about half. I think the rest will be done exactly that way.

I will be amazed if this show reaches season 4. Looking at the ratings its lost 30% since season 1. Such a shame as done right, this could have been a legendary series. But that would have mean't be made by HBO or Netflix to provide a fully uncensored vision. Oh, and by people who actually wanted to tell the story and not some bullshit soap opera about Tulip. I hated the casting of Negga as Tulip since it was announced and not a single moment has she ever made me doubt that hatred.
Old 09-13-17, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was the deal with the panties and Cassidy's son? Did he kill a hooker, was Cassidy sniffing Tulip's panties, something else?
Old 09-13-17, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck

In retrospect I certainly should have done that. And Cassidy was one of my favorites until they introduced Dennis. Same goes for any of the "story" that took place in hell.

And as much as Dennis getting fried, and Tulip getting shot should have me looking forward to another season, them heading to that house makes me think they may have some kind of solution in mind to bring back Tulip. And the idea of a Hitler running around in the modern should be interesting, but no doubt they will continue to waste all screen time with the character like they did this season.

As somebody that had never read the source material I'm looking forward to this Jessie and the grail stuff, but you have to wonder at this rate if they will ever get to finish the story. Even hardcore fans of the comics don't enjoy the show.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 09-13-17 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-13-17, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
And Cassidy was one of my favorites until they introduced Dennis.
While true that Dennis was pretty much filler, the real issue with Cassidy this season was that he spent nearly all of his time around Tulip. That character is pure interest killer and the fallout poisons all those that share screen time with her.
Old 09-15-17, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cleaver
What was the deal with the panties and Cassidy's son? Did he kill a hooker, was Cassidy sniffing Tulip's panties, something else?
Those were Tulips panties and Cassidy had them because he has a thing for her. Dennis knew that and was essentially pushing him to do something about it. Cassidy realized that in addition to probably being a serial killer in the making. Dennis was also a reminder of every bad decision he has ever made including turning him into a vampire so he killed him.
Old 10-26-17, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Renewed: http://deadline.com/2017/10/preacher-renewed-season-3-amc-1202195646/
Old 10-26-17, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Bah. Now I'll have to watch it.