Reload this Page >

THE EVIL WITHIN 2: Xbox One (s/x), PS4 (pro) & PC - 10/13/17

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-21-17, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N3r1xSazbuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...Nastiness.html
Old 09-21-17, 09:46 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts
Re: THE EVIL WITHIN 2: Xbox One (s/x), PS4 (pro) & PC - 10/13/17

i guess it looks ok. maybe a little dated and could be wonky controls. started, but only maybe an hour with first. i'll try it again one day...
Old 09-22-17, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The trailers looks awesome. But I hope it has plentiful ammo and health. I understand why it was so limited in the first one (pre-easy patch) but it was a real pain to deal with. Being on the verge of death with three arrows the whole time sucked.
Old 09-25-17, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
i guess it looks ok. maybe a little dated and could be wonky controls. started, but only maybe an hour with first. i'll try it again one day...
If you took the time to play through the first one in full you would find that it's an amazing game, frustrating, but amazing. Also, It's not "dated" at all.

The sad thing is that most have never touched the DLC for this game - the 2 story DLC's are literally 2 of the best games I've ever played - that is no exaggeration either - they are incredible.

I hear this second installment doesn't go easy on you as well.
Old 09-25-17, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a feeling this drops under $30 by Black Friday. At that point, I'll pick it up and check it out since I mostly enjoyed the first game.
Old 09-25-17, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I have a feeling this drops under $30 by Black Friday. At that point, I'll pick it up and check it out since I mostly enjoyed the first game.
Exactly. It'll be spooky Christmas fun.
Old 10-13-17, 03:35 PM

anyone playing this? how is? how compares to first?
Old 10-13-17, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It sounds like they addressed most of the concerns from the first game. I'm really looking forward to picking this up on a good sale now.
Old 10-13-17, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

8.0 http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/...ithin-2-review
70 https://www.xboxachievements.com/gam...thin-2/review/
Old 10-20-17, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This game is awesome - nice little open world game play (didn't see that coming) - very nice visuals and good creep factor.

I will say this - I am very pleased that this game FULLY acknowledges the DLC from the first game - so much so to the point that if you haven't played the DLC, I highly recommend you do before playing this - It was a nice surprise to see how they continued the game from it.

I love this game so far, the intro is awesome and the combined mechanics from the DLC and the first game.
Old 10-20-17, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11
This game is awesome - nice little open world game play (didn't see that coming) - very nice visuals and good creep factor.

I will say this - I am very pleased that this game FULLY acknowledges the DLC from the first game - so much so to the point that if you haven't played the DLC, I highly recommend you do before playing this - It was a nice surprise to see how they continued the game from it.

I love this game so far, the intro is awesome and the combined mechanics from the DLC and the first game.
I forget did this ever get a GOTY release with the DLC included? I don't remember hearing of one but I can't be sure.
Old 10-20-17, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by robin2099
I forget did this ever get a GOTY release with the DLC included? I don't remember hearing of one but I can't be sure.
I don't think it did but I do believe the first game and all dlc is super cheap now.
Old 10-20-17, 08:04 PM

Oh man, just saw trailer for this on tv. Looks real good. Looks more action than horror though, but so was RE4, which is one of my all time, if not all time favorite game. Wish I had time to go back to the first and then those DLCs that Rival mentioned. Just been in such a FPS kick lately, well it’s pretty much all I play ttt.
And to think I never even played a full FPS game until Halo when I got 360. I did try a Hitman on GameCube I believe and was so disoriented and hated the gameplay and the disorientation. That certainly has changed...
Old 10-20-17, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rival11
If you took the time to play through the first one in full you would find that it's an amazing game, frustrating, but amazing. Also, It's not "dated" at all.

The sad thing is that most have never touched the DLC for this game - the 2 story DLC's are literally 2 of the best games I've ever played - that is no exaggeration either - they are incredible.

I hear this second installment doesn't go easy on you as well.
What do you mean about “frustrating”? I don’t play games to get frustrated. I play to have fun...
Old 10-21-17, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

the story of the first was a bit incoherent, the camera angles sometimes made it difficult and in the beginning there was a big "widescreen presentation" issue that was later fixed. Apparently the black bars/widescreen issue is poked fun at in the new game. I love survival horror and can't wait to pick up Evil Within 2.
Old 10-23-17, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy
What do you mean about “frustrating”? I don’t play games to get frustrated. I play to have fun...
I meant that it's frustrating because of the difficulty but that you shouldn't let that stop you from completing the game because it's great - especially the DLC.
Old 10-23-17, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
Apparently the black bars/widescreen issue is poked fun at in the new game. I love survival horror and can't wait to pick up Evil Within 2.
It is, it's subtle and it's funny.
Old 11-09-17, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

First, this forum has officially died.

So I beat the game last night - it was outstanding - going to provide a huge spoiler so don't read it if you don't want it ruined - it won't ruin the game overall but it's nice surprise that will be spoiled

Spoiler:
So there's 3 main bosses in the game - I'm not going to tell you who they are with the exception of the 2nd one - his name is Theodore and without giving you his back story, when you fight him, he sends you back to Beacon where you re-enact the chainsaw running scene, the safe-head guy scene, and the crawling girl scene - but, you're not just re-enacting them, there's a nice little twist to it

I will probably play through this game again due to how they let you play after beating it. There's a couple of decent unlocks as well and they completely make fun of themselves by saying "And the Ultimate unlock...you get to play in Cinema mode!!!!" - pretty funny.

I don't want to really talk about the games story too much because it will ruin it for you - it's solid and I really enjoyed it as it really fleshes things out in full.

It does
Spoiler:
leave things open for a third installment as well
Old 11-09-17, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Looks to be available for $30 on black Friday at a few places so I will be picking it up then. The reviews for this were surprisingly high.
Old 01-18-18, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Evil Within 2 is an Amazon DOTD. PS4/XB1/PC versions are $19.99.
Old 10-29-18, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Evil Within 2 Adds Free Update With Akumu Mode and Cheats

Bethesda and Tango Gameworks have introduced a free Halloween update to The Evil Within 2, adding a selection of bonus content, including a new difficulty level and a triumvirate of cheats to make surviving the nightmare as Detective Sebastian Castellanos that little more bearable.

There is an ever-so-slight catch if you want to access the free bonus content, however. You'll be prompted to create a new Bethesda.net account to unlock the new update, or sign in using an existing one, which means entering your email address. You'll then gain instant access to the new Halloween features.

These include the new Akumu difficulty level, and the addition of Infinite Stamina Mode, Super Strength Mode, and Invincibility Mode to the game's Options menu. And apparently, switching these on doesn't affect achievements, which should make mopping up any you've yet to unlock, a breeze.

You can download the bonus content for The Evil Within 2 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Spoiler:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...nd-Cheats.html
Old 10-30-18, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 273 Likes on 176 Posts

I did two playthroughs this month to get as many of the achievements as I could, so I'm too burned out to take advantage of the cheat codes to beat the higher difficulty levels.

Fun game, a worthy sequel to the excellent original.
Old 10-30-18, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
The Evil Within 2 Adds Free Update With Akumu Mode and Cheats

Bethesda and Tango Gameworks have introduced a free Halloween update to The Evil Within 2, adding a selection of bonus content, including a new difficulty level and a triumvirate of cheats to make surviving the nightmare as Detective Sebastian Castellanos that little more bearable.

There is an ever-so-slight catch if you want to access the free bonus content, however. You'll be prompted to create a new Bethesda.net account to unlock the new update, or sign in using an existing one, which means entering your email address. You'll then gain instant access to the new Halloween features.

These include the new Akumu difficulty level, and the addition of Infinite Stamina Mode, Super Strength Mode, and Invincibility Mode to the game's Options menu. And apparently, switching these on doesn't affect achievements, which should make mopping up any you've yet to unlock, a breeze.

You can download the bonus content for The Evil Within 2 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Spoiler:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...nd-Cheats.html
where do you go to download content and sign up?

i tried signing up at Bethesda site, but kept saying my password was same as username which it was not. and i searched for Evil Within 2 and didn't see anything about update or bonuses...

Last edited by OldBoy; 10-30-18 at 03:43 PM.