Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

YAET Buyer keeps filing false claims with eBay, Paypal, & Credit card

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

YAET Buyer keeps filing false claims with eBay, Paypal, & Credit card

Old 09-10-17, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: YAET Buyer keeps filing false claims with eBay, Paypal, & Credit card

Ebay/Paypal sided with you because the idiot claimed it was "not as described", further proof of his idiocy. I would be flabbergasted if the credit card company decided any other way.
Old 09-10-17, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

And....just as this case is resolved another idiot that just bought a new sealed Region 2 emails me with this message: "This DVD set does not work in our player. Evidently it is only meant for dvd players in England. We'd like our money back."

Are people that stupid that they buy an item based on the title only and don't bother to read the descriptions at all? In my description, the fact that it is Region 2 is written so large it can't be missed. It is written much larger than the title or other info for the DVD.
Old 09-11-17, 05:36 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
And....just as this case is resolved another idiot that just bought a new sealed Region 2 emails me with this message: "This DVD set does not work in our player. Evidently it is only meant for dvd players in England. We'd like our money back."

Are people that stupid that they buy an item based on the title only and don't bother to read the descriptions at all? In my description, the fact that it is Region 2 is written so large it can't be missed. It is written much larger than the title or other info for the DVD.
Yeah, I agree with what was previously said in this thread, that is, most eBayers know exactly what they're buying, they're just trying to get a free DVD now.
Old 09-11-17, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Problems like this are why I stopped selling imports on US eBay. People are just too stupid.
Old 09-11-17, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 447 Likes on 305 Posts

Can you post a link to this auction (or PM me)? Maybe I can provide some feedback on what you may or may not be doing wrong.
Old 09-11-17, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 903 Likes on 667 Posts

At this point I'd probably suggest using something other than eBay to sell off-region discs. Seems like it's much more trouble than it's worth.
Old 09-11-17, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Tell them to learn to read and then to go fuck themselves.
Old 09-11-17, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,187 Likes on 914 Posts

I've sold many region B discs, with only one or two instances of complaints -- eBay sided in my favor -- make sure your listing is clear and specific. Make sure you specify in the header that it's an import along with detailed description in the body of the item and in the item specifics portion.

The more iron tight your listing is the less chance you will have on folks trying to fuck you over.
Old 09-11-17, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
At this point I'd probably suggest using something other than eBay to sell off-region discs. Seems like it's much more trouble than it's worth.
They're hard to sell anywhere else. There's not much of a market for DVD's in general. British Tv shows still sell for a little bit. Sometimes I'll get most of my money back. Sometimes I'll get more back if it's out of print or if the cost flucuates. Luckily I don't have too many left. Just a few that I accidentaly bought twice or ones that I can stream. Trying to to away with my DVD collection at this point; or at least reduce the number that I have.

Some buyers are dumb in general. Sometimes I'll sell something electronic like a minature home cotton candy maker. Then I get some idiot from Israel that buys it through the Global Shipping Program. Then they email me to tell me the machine caught on fire when they tried to use it. I asked if they used a voltage converter since they bought it from a U.S. seller. and different countries have different voltage requirements. Of course, they did not, and wanted to curse me out in perfect English because they felt I should have told them do rather than them reading the manual that came with it first.