Reload this Page >

Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-14-17, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts

I know we had the thread that got started around the production stopping, but the new season starts tonight. I didn't watch Rachael's Bachelorette season, but its a two night premiere tonight and tomorrow here is the cast list. I reupped my hulu subscription for this, these shows are always a guilty pleasure.

http://abc.go.com/shows/bachelor-in-paradise
http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/...ers-cast-list/

cast list
Alex Woytkiw (JoJo)
Alexis Waters (Nick)
Amanda Stanton (Ben’s season & BIP 3)
Ben Zorn (Kaitlyn’s season)
Danielle Maltby (Nick’s season)
Dean Unglert (Rachel)
Derek Peth (JoJo)
Iggy Rodriguez (Rachel’s season)
Jack Stone (Rachel)
Jasmine Goode (Nick)
Kenneth “Diggy” Moreland (Rachel)
Kristina Schulman (Nick)
Lacey Mark (Nick)
Matt Munson (Rachel)
Nick “St. Nick” Benvenutti (JoJo)
Raven Gates (Nick)
Robby Hayes (JoJo)
Taylor Nolan (Nick)
Vinny Ventiera (JoJo’s season & BIP 3)
Additional cast to appear.
Spoiler:
Adam Gottschalk (Rachel)
Blake Elarbee (Rachel)
Christen Whitney (Nick)
Daniel Maguire (JoJo, BIP 3)
Danielle Lombard (Nick)
Dominique Alexis (Nick)
Haley and Emily Ferguson (Nick, BIP 3)
Jaimi King (Nick)
Sarah Vendal (Nick)
Tickle Monster (Rachel)
Old 08-15-17, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 thread

The first episode deals with events leading up to the shut-down, and ends with the contestants baffled as the crew sets their cameras down just before the first elimination ceremony.

Pretty standard BIP, for the most part. There was one bachelor that was seriously drunk, and it seems to have lost him the woman who could have kept him in the game. DeMario and Corinne were shown throughout the episode "playing the game". We do see them from a medium distance in the pool (where the "event" happened) with another bachelor looking on. Perhaps more specific footage will be shown tonight.

The most contrived element was Jorge The Bartender ( a BIP fixture ) tearfully announcing his exit to "follow his dreams", which allows a former contestant to serve as bartender, and give him a chance to hook up with another contestant when her hopes are dashed and she cries on his shoulder (it's one of those Lifetime Rom-Com stories just waiting to happen.

Last edited by DWilson; 08-15-17 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-15-17, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 371 Likes on 300 Posts

It's on my DVR... we never miss this show.
Old 08-15-17, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The men and women actually want to talk to one another, this show really is a fantasy. Kristina is still one of my favorites, I'm glad Demario and Corrine are gone first. I'll post more later. Why is Amanda on the show, go home and take care of your kids.
Old 08-15-17, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
The men and women actually want to talk to one another, this show really is a fantasy. Kristina is still one of my favorites, I'm glad Demario and Corrine are gone first. I'll post more later. Why is Amanda on the show, go home and take care of your kids.
I said the same thing, but my wife showed me an article where Amanda explained that being on this show provides her with endorsements to allow her to support her kids and spend more time with them on a daily basis. Interesting perspective I guess but she seems to make more than six figures doing this.
Old 08-15-17, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah all these contestants get paided to sell stuff on instagram. I saw local stories on Jade and Tanner who live here in Kansas City have made more than 7 figures from such endorsements. That was sad seeing Lacey go on the first episode because her Grandpa died, maybe she'll comeback next season.
Old 08-15-17, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah all these contestants get paided to sell stuff on instagram. I saw local stories on Jade and Tanner who live here in Kansas City have made more than 7 figures from such endorsements. That was sad seeing Lacey go on the first episode because her Grandpa died, maybe she'll comeback next season.
I got the impression she thought she might be back before they finished ( I think it's a three-week shoot), and perhaps with the delay, she might actually be there when they resume.

I enjoy the show as a guilty pleasure (though I don't watch the Batch shows themselves), but I just live in a different world where their opinions or tastes mean anything to anybody. But, then, the one dude says he was an "influencer", and all the girls smirked.

Last edited by DWilson; 09-05-17 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-15-17, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The second episode is tonight. The show will be on Monday and Tuesday through Sept 12th, I read it on Reality Steve. Also there is no aftershow this year.
Old 08-15-17, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The first half of tonight's episode kind of sucked since it was about Evan and Carly's wedding. Second half was the the return of the cast after production stopped. I am glad they brought back Lacey. I'll watch the rest on Hulu tomorrow.
Old 08-15-17, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah, there wasn't much in this episode beyond the wedding and restarting and telling people not to rape. And Alex being an annoying manlet.
Old 08-16-17, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^^ Good, then I can fast forward or delete altogether. I can't stand Evan.
Old 08-16-17, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
^^ Good, then I can fast forward or delete altogether. I can't stand Evan.
In that case you can pretty much start at Hour Two. The second hour is basically everybody re-calibrating after the break, -some lost interest, some went home together (and lost interest), and some are already coupled up. It's all leading up to the long-delayed first Rose Ceremony.
Old 08-16-17, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Alex was being an annoying manlet, that's the only thing I took away from this episode. Plus they didn't even show the rose ceremony. At least everything is covered around the shutdown of the show is over. Now it can move on starting with next week's episodes.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 08-16-17 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-18-17, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Caught up thru the second episode... Geez can Alex and Robbie be any more douchey??? Robbie is one of the most narcissistic people I've seen on reality TV. From his swooping extension in his hair to his gigantic and perfectly snowflake white Something About Mary chompers --- here's to hoping he goes home stat!
Old 08-20-17, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

ABC posted this video on facebook this morning, bring on the bromances starting tomorrow.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FBachelorInParadise%2Fvideos%2F844602355720874%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 08-20-17 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-20-17, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

According to my DVR's description, Tuesday's show will include a studio segment, which would suggest they're doing an "aftershow", even though they're saying there won't be one.
Old 08-20-17, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think on Reality Steve he said Chris Harrison will be doing sit down interviews with both Corrine and Demarrio. You explained everything just fine in the first week's episodes ABC, let it go.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 08-20-17 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-20-17, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think on Reality Steve he said Chris Harrison will be doing sit down interviews with both Corrine and Demarrio. You explained everything just fine in the first week's episodes ABC, let it go.
This week they'll have Evan and Carly no doubt talking about their big announcement. Corrine and DeMario were definitely booked for the last episode/reunion show.
Old 08-22-17, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Its kind of annoying it took until 3 episodes for the first rose ceremony. Glad short man Alex went home, than Vinny and Nick barely got any screen time so it made no difference that they were gone. The Dean and Kristina drama is stupid, when any guy would envy getting a chance with a woman like her.
Old 08-22-17, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kristina is amazing... I got a feeling Dean has so much talent coming at him these days that he can't fight them off with a stick.
Old 08-22-17, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The second half of the two hour show tonight is taped with a studio audience. Some of the cast is on, than an interview with Demario to talk about the shutdown.
Old 09-05-17, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm glad Kristina walked away last night, Dean was a dumbass for playing the field. It was hard to watch the new guy Blake last night get rejected from the girls. Both the new guys left quickly. Next week is the season finale, but sounds like it will be pretty anti-climatic since supposedly,
Spoiler:
Derek and Taylor get engaged.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 09-05-17 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-05-17, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I won't read the spoiler, but obviously the "problems" have affected the length and pace of the season. The show stops next Monday and it's Tuesday slot next week will have sitcom re-runs (so there's two hours they could have filled). I'm not sure if next Monday will be a "Re-Union/Aftershow" they mentioned at the beginning of the run or if it's purpose has been filled by the Tuesday in-studio hours. It's been decent entertainment this year, but it seems to be missing some of the energy of previous seasons. I imagine it'll recover next year.
Old 09-05-17, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad Kristina walked away last night
She should have given out her rose before leaving.
Old 09-05-17, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

I am a few episodes behind and I did not think it could get any worse than damn near 2 full episodes focused on Evan, but how can any of those people on the show listen to Jasmine bitch and act like a 14 year-old ALL FUCKING DAY.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.