Reload this Page >

Your toughest boss fight?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-10-17, 09:10 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts

So what was the one boss fight in your gaming history that was the biggest bitch to overcome?

So many, but for me (at least in this milennium): Dead Space 1. That bitch was memorable and hard to me.
Old 09-10-17, 09:32 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Your toughest boss fight?

The time GTA V came out on my anniversary.
Old 09-10-17, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Probably Crota in Destiny. Great fight, but always hard and always took a while.
Old 09-10-17, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
The time GTA V came out on my anniversary.
Old 09-11-17, 12:21 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It is hard for me to say...with all the bosses from the Souls games, I could easily make a list of 10 that deserve to be on any list....Most recently the Nameless King in Dark Souls 3 was a bit of a pain...The thing is I almost had him the first time I went at him, but he got me..here is the actual first time I fought him and getting killed...

Old 09-11-17, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Ninja Gaiden (NES): Never did beat this fucker. You lose and it spits you back three levels.
Old 09-11-17, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike Tyson
Old 09-11-17, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Most of the ones in Bloodborne........

.....final in Borderlands 1 (The Destroyer) & 2 (The Warrior)

....and a few in Destiny that even getting to them was a challenge....
Old 09-11-17, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 901 Likes on 665 Posts

Alexander Floor 3 Savage in FF14. A bit different since it's no single player but this fight was insane. Caused MANY raid groups to break up or stop playing due to its difficulty. I don't have any vids from my group but this is the first kill from when it came out:

Old 09-11-17, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Last boss in FFVIII for me. I had to replay the game and do better draws to finally finish her off.
Old 09-11-17, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Yeah a few in Bloodborne gave me a hard time as well, but at the same time a couple were surprisingly easy.

I do seem to recall that Ares at the end of God of War was quite tough, and i do remember that the last boss on Devil May Cry was a bastard as it was one of those beat 3 times fights.

On the flip side i just completed GR: Wildlands yesterday and there wasnt even a final boss fight. Pretty easy that one.
Old 09-11-17, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Has to be Slave Knight Gael in Dark Souls 3 The Ringed City dlc. He was just too fast for me to solo had to get help from summoners. Midir a optional dragon boss was also a pain to fight. He is cheap on doing that annoying laser blast which sometimes killed me.
Old 09-11-17, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Probably Crota in Destiny. Great fight, but always hard and always took a while.
do you not know how to pull an ethernet cord?
Old 09-12-17, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
do you not know how to pull an ethernet cord?

.....or just throw the controller and break it.....speaking of Crota.....maybe have a topic titled "Which Boss Ticked Off Your Leader The Most When Everyone Didn't Do What they Were Suppose To Do".....
Old 09-12-17, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Ares was hard in GoW. Had to drop down the difficulty after the 50th try.

Been a while, but I seem to remember Dracula being pretty hard.

Phantasy Star big boss I never beat.

UC2 boss was a PITA.
Old 09-13-17, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 188 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Ninja Gaiden (NES): Never did beat this fucker. You lose and it spits you back three levels.
Probably the hardest game I ever played and as a kid....I beat it - go ahead and laugh you ass off but I got to the point where I tried using marker on the TV screen to time jumps

Took hours and to this day I remember my cousin telling me to stop but I had to complete it - when I finally did I went crazy with excitement.

Last edited by Rival11; 09-13-17 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-13-17, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 901 Likes on 665 Posts

Not a specific boss but could I use the water bomb level in TMNT NES? That was harder than any boss fights back in the day.
Old 09-13-17, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11
Probably the hardest game I ever played and as a kid....I beat it - go ahead and laugh you ass off but I got to the point where I tried using marker on the TV screen to time jumps

Took hours and to this day I remember my cousin telling me to stop but I had to complete it - when I finally did I went crazy with excitement.

Not sure if it's an accomplishment, but I beat Ninja Gaiden 2 with one life...the first time I played the game. Quite a contrast to the first.
Old 09-14-17, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 188 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Not sure if it's an accomplishment, but I beat Ninja Gaiden 2 with one life...the first time I played the game. Quite a contrast to the first.
Damn, one life? That's insane!! I beat Ninja gaiden 2 back in the day as well (but I never played 3 but I checked to see what it was all about and I thought it was very cool that it's based on taking down Clancy who hired Irene from the first game).

This thread made me go on you tube to check out the boss fights....the nightmares instantly came back
Old 09-14-17, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've beat all the God of War games, but really hated the Sisters of Fate. You have to time everything just perfect and nearly gave me carpal tunnel.

Old 09-14-17, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Not a specific boss but could I use the water bomb level in TMNT NES? That was harder than any boss fights back in the day.
I got past it a few times but never past the Turtle Van part.

I have NEVER landed my plane in Top Gun lol.
Old 09-14-17, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 242 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX

I have NEVER landed my plane in Top Gun lol.
LOL, yeah that was a bitch to do. It's probably easier to land a real F14 on an aircraft carrier than it was to do on the game.
Old 09-14-17, 09:26 PM

Received 796 Likes on 519 Posts

Barbaros' Land: Final Battle on Zak & Wiki (on the Wii)... I just plain gave up after a few months of trying.
Old 11-13-20, 06:22 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts

have to revisit this after finishing Doom: Eternal. while it wasn't in that game, it definitely was in Borderlands 3, as some know, Killavolt was almost the death of me...

Re: Killavolt...you've been debilitated!
Originally Posted by OldBoy
went back to Killavolt with aforementioned assault rifle. few levels higher than before, maybe 2 and got him on my first try back!, but...

not without a bitch of a fight.

my new gun was great and only reason i beat him. grenades were ok, but wasn't sticky. effective some, but not great. better shield this time around with 699 capacity and pretty fast recharge, but spews pieces of shield that i have to pick up and those are not my favorite of shields as sometimes can be a bitch to pick up and they evaporate. i have a 734 without spewing shield now, but didn't have with KV. my pet skills where i can transport and then he radiates is very handy and a Spiderant spewing corrosive goo doesn't hurt at all, plus he is there ALL the time and doesn't get killed that often where i have to go and revive. sometimes, yes, but not often. and never in this battle.

so, i was in the fight of my life, yet again, but this time i wasn't dying. i was jumping, i was shooting, i was conjuring, i was WINNING!

but he was relentless. he churned and electrified the place and me, but i kept jumping and shooting and using my FL4K skillz. used it all because, it took it all. i don't remember a more stubborn boss where i didn't figure out eventually, what worked to kill in a Borderlands game.

but anyway, i had him way passed i ever had him before. that red bar was depleting. i barely got passed taking away his blue shield bar, let alone start tinkering away at red health bar. maybe a few times out of the dozen or so times i tried prior to giving up (even though had a corrosive weapon before). his red bar was almost there. there was less than a quarter inch of red. it was glorious. i was gonna do it, then...i died!!! yes, that's right i died.

but...in my last breaths, as my lifeless body kept plugging away with same gun that miraculously never ran out of ammo (perhaps a mod that i was finally able to use that increases mag size by 11%), didn't even have to open all weapon chests around arena, as he jumped around one time and threw me off temporarily, i righted myself. i still plowed on, slowly, as the life or oil or whatever drained from my robot body, then, as i believe my second wind bar was just about up, i kept shooting, reload, shoot, OldBoy (my Spiderant) kept spewing and...i got my SECOND WIND! at the demise of Killavolt himself.

his lifeless body expectorating tons of stuff as my big blue SECOND WIND! banner showed through in the foreground. it was a magnificent...

...it was a relief.

picked up stuff, fast traveled to Sanctuary, sold some stuff, upgraded some stuff, fast traveled to Athenas and i stopped playing after that because i was literally, mentally and physically exhausted
so anything come along in the past 3 years that gave you the toughest battle of your life in a videogame?
Old 11-13-20, 09:09 PM

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,114 Posts

The last battle in Metroid Prime for GameCube. I had my progress saved to right before the battle, full weapons, full everything, while game at 9i% accomplished (the last battle was 2%, IIRC), and I just could not beat the dang thing. Ever. If I pulled my game out and tried it again, I'm sure the progress is still there just waiting to infuriate me all over again. What a bummer.

Did they ever remaster those Metroid games in HD? I really liked those. I wonder if the pace would feel quaint compared to gaming now.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.