View Single Post
Old 09-10-17, 09:54 AM   #68
fiver
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: The 13th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31) ***The List Threa

☼ = First time viewing

September 30th
1. "Manos" the Hands of Fate (Synapse)
This is the Synapse HD restored disc. My relationship with this film is "It's Complicated." However, watching the movie outside of MST3K illuminates whole levels of 'badness' that weren't evident before. I might just return to MST3K only for this one in the future

October 1st
2. ☼The Creep Behind the Camera (Synapse)
I figured this would be more lovingly humorous like Ed Wood but Art Nelson a.k.a. Vic Savage was too abusive and whacked out to have much fun watching the film. Still interesting background on such a bad movie.

3. ☼The Creeping Terror (Synapse)
I think this is one of the more utterly boring atomic age monster movies I've ever seen. I'm honestly surprised this movie came out in '64 though - seems like it should have been in the late '50s more than anything. I'll just tell myself if the original audio tapes hadn't been lost, it would have been just as ridiculous as the narration that goes on forever...until it doesn't

October 2nd
4. Re-animator (Integral Version) (Arrow 4k)
I hadn't seen the integral cut before. There were a couple of interesting scenes but I think for a movie like this the shorter unrated cut might work better so it doesn't wear out its welcome

October 3rd
5. Children of the Corn (Arrow)
This doesn't seem to be too highly regarded but it was probably one of the first 'gory' horror movies I watched as a kid.
I still find it really enjoyable and think the kid actors did a pretty good job creeping me out

October 5th
6. ☼It Came from Beneath the Sea
I realized recently that I really had never seen any of the films with Ray Harryhausen's notable effects work so I wanted to remedy that. The movie itself is fairly standard monster fare but I did enjoy watching the stop-motion work.

October 6th
7. The Omen (1976)

October 7th
8. Damien: The Omen II
9. The Final Conflict
10. ☼The Omen (2006)

October 8th
11. Friday the 13th (1980)
12. Friday the 13th pt II

October 9th
13. Friday the 13th pt III

October 11th
14. It (1990)
15. Child's Play

October 12th
16. Child's Play 2
17. Child's Play 3

October 13th
18. Psycho II (Arrow)

October 14th
19. ☼Kill, Baby, Kill (Arrow)
20. Bride of Chucky

October 15th
21. Sisters (Arrow)
22. Saw

October 16th
23. ☼Saw II
24. The Stuff (Arrow)

Last edited by fiver; 10-18-17 at 09:48 PM.