View Single Post
Old 09-04-17, 11:23 PM   #31
mrcellophane
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: The 13th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31) ***The List Threa

Mr. Cellophane's 13th Annual Horror Challenge List

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places." - H.P. Lovecraft

*= first time viewing
blue= personal BluRay
dark red= personal DVD
green= streaming
orange= theatrical presentation
purple= borrowed or rented BD/DVD

September 30th (after dusk)
1. Cujo (Lewis Teague, 1983 / United States / Hulu)*
Would I survive? While I'm cautious around dogs, I'm also pretty slow and not great with heat. Without a little kid acting as plot amour, Cujo definitely rips into my leg before going for my throat. Verdict: DEAD BY DOG

2. Kwaidan (Masaki Koboyashi, 1964 / Japan) --- Criterion Crossover
Would I survive? 1) I'm not an ambitious asshole, so I survive. 2) I'm not that handsome so the Woman freezes my ass. 3) Yeah, I'm screaming if someone rips off my ears. I'm toast. 4) My first inclination is not to stab ghosts but to befriend ghosts. I'm fine. Verdict: TWICE DEAD. TWICE ALIVE.

October 1st
3. Salem's Lot (Tobe Hooper, 1979 / United States)* --- Theme Movie
Would I survive? I would want to abandon town at the first sign of trouble, but I would sincerely believe that I could help bring down the vampires. I would be wrong. Armed with a cross and a bag of books, I'd join the motley crew of hunters and make it to the third act but... Verdict: DEAD BEFORE THE FINAL CONFRONTATION

4. The Ghoul (T. Hayes Hunter, 1933 / United Kingdom / AmazonPrime)*
Would I survive? This film plays by Miss Prism's rules of fiction: the good end happily and the bad end unhappily. I fancy myself to be good enough not to rob a dead Egyptologist's grave. Verdict: ALIVE!

5. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Tobe Hooper, 1974 / United States / AmazonPrime)* --- Theme Movie
Would I survive? I guess I can take some solace in the fact that I won't be the first person to die at the hands of Leatherface. That honor will go to a horny couple. I bite it when I go off alone to find my missing friends. I know - dumb move. Verdict: DEAD, DISMEMBERED, (HOPEFULLY) DELICIOUS

6. The Strange Door (Joseph Pevney, 1951 / United States)
Would I survive? When I receive the invitation to a wedding from the deplorable de Maletroit, I know I must go, but I am not happy about it. I attend, find the whole affair grotesque, and return home. Verdict: INCONSEQUENTIAL AND ALIVE!

October 2nd
7. RiffTrax: The Bermuda Triangle (Rene Cardona Jr., 1978 / Mexico / AmazonPrime)*
Would I survive? I guess I would disappear randomly into the fog or die off-screen or fade away to be with "The Others" at some point. Who the hell knows what happens in the freakin' Bermuda Triangle. At least no one has to hear my bad, dubbed voice anymore. Verdict: DEAD AND PISSED OFF!

8. Suspiria (Dario Argento, 1977 / Italy / Regal HorrorFest)
Would I survive? With madmen running around and razor wire lying about, what's an aspiring Billy Elliott to do? Leave when maggots start raining down from the ceiling. Forget the mystery. Forget that poor dead girl. I'm out. Verdict: ALIVE BUT TRAUMATIZED

9. The Blob (Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr. & Russell S. Doughten Jr., 1958 / Untied States) --- Theme Movie
Would I survive? Naturally squeamish around sticky substances, I'm not going to touch or investigate a titular blob. After surviving the theater attack, I leave things to the authorities. Not courageous but sensible. Verdict: ALIVE

October 3rd
10. Curse of the Crimson Altar (Vernon Sewell, 1968 / United Kingdom / AmazonPrime)*
Would I survive? Amazingly, I do. Despite having information about the situation that the protagonists need to foil the obvious villain, I somehow survive to the lackluster end. It's not really a accomplishment. Verdict: ALIVE AND A BIT MIFFED ABOUT IT

11. The Cat o' Nine Tails (Dario Argento, 1971 / Italy / AmazonPrime)* --- Theme Movie
Would I survive? Here's a film where knowing too much can get you killed. As an inquisitive person, I won't be able to stop investigating the murders. I can feel the rope tightening around my neck! Verdict: DEAD BY STRANGULATION

12. House of Wax (Andre de Toth, 1953 / United States) --- Theme Movie
Would I survive? I find wax figures very, very disturbing. I agree to go with my friends, and while I don't quite buy Sue's insistence that something is wrong with the figures, it's enough for me to disappear from the film midway through. Verdict: ALIVE AND HAVING TEA AT HOME

October 4th
13. Mad Monster Party? (Jules Bass, 1967 / United States / Alyxstarr link)* --- Subset Film
Would I survive? I hear Phyllis Diller sing. I jump out the window. Verdict: DEAD

14. Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (Terence Fisher, 1969 / United Kingdom)
Would I survive? When the mad doctor first arrives and uncovers my dastardly secret, I think I could possibly make it to the end. Alas, my misdeeds and complicity are my undoing, and I die of a small bullet wound oozing tempera paint. Verdict: DEAD BY DOCTOR

October 5th
15. Stranger Things: 1.1, "Chapter One: The Vanishing of Will Byers" / 1.2, "Chapter Two: The Weirdo on Maple Street" (2016 / Netflix Instant)
16. Monster Madness: The Golden Age of the Horror Film (Jeff Herberger, 2014 / United States / AmazonPrime)* --- documentary

17. The Eyes of My Mother (Nicolas Pesce, 2016 / United States / Netflix)*
Would I survive? Look, I thought I was in an art film. I thought I was going home with a nice - if eccentric - woman to have some tea. Then shit went sideways. Verdict: DEAD AND BAGGED

October 6th
18. Stranger Things: 1.3, "Chapter Three: Holly, Jolly" / 1.4, "Chapter Four: The Body" (2016 / Netflix Instant)
19. Stranger Things: 1.5, "Chapter Five: The Flea and the Acrobat" / 1.6, "Chapter Six: The Monster" (2016 / Netflix Instant)

October 7th
20. Night Monster (Ford Beebe, 1942 / United States)
Would I survive? Okay, I would definitely accept the invitation to see supernatural stuff at a large mansion. However, once people started dying, I would insist on never being left alone. Of course, movies have a way of separating people... so I would be a second act casualty. Verdict: ALONE AND DEAD

21. The Other (Robert Mulligan, 1972 / United States)*
Would I survive? There's an evil child running around and murdering people! I'm oblivious to the evil and never confront the child. I'd survive but be devastated by the death and destruction plaguing our farm. Verdict: ALIVE AND DESPONDENT

22. Mindwarp (Steve Barnett, 1992 / United States)* --- Theme Movie
Would I survive? Yeah, I don't have the fortitude to survive in a post-apocalyptic hellscape. There are mutants running about and harmful radiation (perhaps - it's not entirely certain) permeating everything. I don't make it past the first twenty minutes. Verdict: DEAD AND UNBURIED

October 8th
23. Night of the Living Deb (Kyle Rankin, 2015 / United States / Netflix)* --- Theme Movie
Would I survive? Well, I usually drink quite a bit on the 4th of July and hydrate on filtered tap water. So while I show up as sassy gay friend in the opening bar scene, I'll be munching on human flesh when Deb finds me later. Verdict: ZOMBIFIED

24. Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead (Kiah Roache-Turner, 2014 / Australia)* --- Theme Movie
Would I survive? If I couldn't handle a zombie rom-com, I cannot outrun these fast hellions. I'm easy fodder for the zombie hordes, and if I'm really unlucky, I'll be experimented on by a sadistic doctor. Verdict: SMASH CUT! - ZOMBIFIED!

October 10th
25. Voodoo Man (William Beaudine, 1944 / United States / YouTube)*
Would I survive? Women are mysteriously disappearing, and generic people are on the hunt. After running across pertinent information, I'll be held hostage by the mad doctor until being rescued in the last three minutes. Verdict: ALIVE

26. Yongary, Monster from the Deep (Ki-duk Kim, 1967 / South Korea / English dub) --- Subset Film
Would I survive? It's really difficult to get killed in this era of kaiju film. After a frantic evacuation, I meet up with my chemist friend and basically stand around, listening to science-babble. Later, I make an impassioned speech to leave Yongary alive and am shouted down by a zealous general. Verdict: ALIVE

27. A Field in England (Ben Wheatley, 2013 / United Kingdom / DVD)*
Would I survive? Since I'm also out-of-shape and working in the lower rungs of academia, I empathized with the assistant alchemist at the center of this film. I would make a lot of the same decisions and end up also watching Melancholia in the sky. Verdict: ALIVE AND SUPER HIGH

October 11th
28. The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake (Edward L. Cahn, 1959 / United States / AmazonPrime)* --- Theme Movie
Would I survive? Shrunken heads! Exotic occultism! I'm so not ready for all this possibly racist zaniness. As one of the cagier members of my family, I'm pretty sure I'm the nervous one who gets bumped off at the beginning to establish the situation. Verdict: DEAD AND BEHEADED

October 12th
29. Christine (John Carpenter, 1983 / United States)
Would I survive? I'm not a car guy. I drive a Prius. I love my Prius. I think it is awesome. Thankfully, it's not evil or particularly possessive, so I think I make it out of this okay. Verdict: HYBRID AND ALIVE

October 13th
30. Robot Monster (Phil Tucker, 1953 / United States / AmazonPrime)*
Would I survive? Thankfully, I died before this silly affair begins - one of the nameless vaporized millions. If I was super lucky, I didn't even see a Ro-Man before my atoms came apart. Verdict: HAPPILY DEAD

31. The Mummy (Karl Freund, 1932 / United States)
Would I survive? I jumped at a chance to go on expedition to Egypt. Unfortunately, a murderous mummy seems to be on the loose! I'm a resourceful guy and am pretty sure that I wouldn't wonder about alone. Verdict: ALIVE

32. Stranger Things: 1.7, "Chapter Seven: The Bathtub" / 1.8, "Chapter Eight: The Upside Down" (2016 / United States / Netflix)

October 14th
33. Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (Freddie Francis, 1965 / United Kingdom)
Would I survive? Well, the very conceit ensures that I don't make it to my destination. Drats. On the plus side, I get to bore everyone with my knowledge of tarot! Verdict: DEAD AND ANNOYING

34. The Haunting (Robert Wise, 1963 / United States)
Would I survive? Sensitive and neurotic, I would definitely accept the invitation, knowing that there are no such things as ghosts. Unfortunately, the house calls to me. It needs me to stay. They want me to go, but I mustn't. I mustn't. Verdict: POSSESSED AND DEAD

October 15th
35. Black Sabbath (Mario Bava, 1963 / Italy / AIP version) --- Theme Movie
Would I survive? 1) I would leave the ring and survive! Don't steal from the dead! 2) Responding to my dear friend's hysteria, I don't notice the footsteps behind me until it's too late. 3) I'd have a hard time surviving the cold, much less the freaking vampires! Dead. Verdict: SURVIVED ONCE TO DIE TWICE

36. The Color Out of Space (Huan Vu, 2010 / Germany / AmazonPrime)*
Would I survive? Like any good Lovecraft protagonist, I followup every lead to track down my missing father. I hear to horrific stories about a cursed farm and investigate, finding horrors beyond compare. Changed forever, I rush away. Verdict: ALIVE AND HAUNTED

October 16th
37. Creature from the Haunted Sea (Roger Corman, 1961 / United States / AmazonPrime)*
Would I survive? Imitations of animal calls. Cuban stereotypes. I barely manage to survive by briskly walking away from the monster. I know I'm suppose to be amused, but I'm not laughing. Verdict: ALIVE

October 17th
38. Mama (Andy Muschietti, 2013 / Canada)* --- Theme Movie
Would I survive? Feral children are being haunted by an angry ghost! I would definitely do some investigating - I can't help it. However, I'm not going to go off by myself to creep around the woods at night. Verdict: ALIVE

October 18th
39. The Mummy's Hand (Christy Cabanne, 1940 / United States)
Would I survive? Another mummy is running around an archaeological dig! As a handy American scholar of Egyptian lore, I'll fill in some backstory as well as the main entourage. Thankfully, I'm not a native, so I'll walk away. Verdict: ALIVE

40. The Mummy's Tomb (Harold Young, 1942 / United States)
Would I survive? The mummy is roaming the American countryside, murdering the members of the last entourage. What a minute... I was a part of that entourage! I'll try to raise the alarm, but the local authorities won't believe me. Dejected, I'll try to leave town but be strangled by the mummy! Verdict: DEAD BY MUMMY

October 21st
41. The Phantom of the Opera (Rupert Julian, 1952 / United States / 1929 version)
Would I survive? I love the opera! I hate dark, dank cellars. I'll stay in my own box, never venturing near Box 5. While I'll miss a bunch of the action, I'll get to see some good shows and stay... Verdict: ALIVE

October 22nd
42. A Nightmare on Elm Street (Wes Craven, 1984 / United States)
Would I survive? I'm alarmed by the horrific dream that plague me and my friends. When Tina dies, I freak out and believe I'm going crazy. Since I'm not final girl material, I'm fodder for the second act body count. I suspect that my sexuality will play into my demise.Verdict: DEAD AND TIRED

43. The Mummy's Ghost (Reginald Le Borg, 1944 / United States)
Would I survive? Toward the beginning of the movie, a professor will explain that the mummy wiped out the entire party of the last expedition to Egypt. So I'm... Verdict: DEAD BEFORE THE BEGINNING

44. The Mummy's Curse (Leslie Goodwins, 1944 / United States)
Would I survive? Twenty-five years have passed since the mummy sank into the swamp. Somehow the monstrous creature has migrated to Louisiana. Oh, yeah, and I'm still dead. Couldn't be retconned into life. Verdict: DEAD TWO MOVIES AGO

Checklist of the Damned!
Spoiler:
3/10 Select 10 actors
--- Kevin Bacon -
--- Tobin Bell -
--- Michael Biehn -
--- Doug Bradley -
--- Veronica Cartwright -
-X- Peter Cushing: Dr. Terror's House of Horrors
--- Jocelin Donahue -
--- Brad Dourif -
--- Ethan Embry -
-X- Boris Karloff: The Strange Door
--- Brea Grant -
--- Kane Hodder -
--- Elizabeth Kaitan -
-X- Bela Lugosi: Night Monster
--- Christopher Lee -
--- Rose McGowan -
--- R.A. Mihailoff -
--- Dina Myer -
--- Meg Tilly -
--- Mary Elizabeth Winstead -

2/5 Select 5 recently deceased actors -or- directors
--- Don Calfa -
--- John Vulich -
--- Ted V. Mikels -
--- John Zacherle -
--- William Peter Blatty -
--- Carrie Fisher -
--- Miguel Ferrer -
--- John Hurt -
--- Bill Paxton -
--- Robert Day -
--- Alessandro Alessandroni -
--- Michael Parks -
--- Adam West -
--- George A. Romero -
--- John Heard -
--- Sam Shepard -
--- Robert Hardy -
--- Haruo Nakajima -
--- Sonny Landham -
--- Jay Thomas -
-X- Tobe Hooper: Salem's Lot
--- Martin Landau -
-x- Harry Dean Stanton: Christine
--- Bernie Casey -

Select 2 film composers
--- Antón García Abril -
--- John Carpenter -
--- Daniel Licht -
--- Harry Manfredini -

1/5 Select 5 directors
-X- Dario Argento: Suspiria
--- Don Coscarelli -
--- David DeCoteau -
--- Mike Flanagan -
--- Tom Holland -
--- Mary Lambert -
--- Jean Rollin -
--- Steve Miner -
--- James Wan -
--- Adam Wingard -

Select 2 makeup effects artists
--- Patrick Baxter -
--- Jason Collins -
--- Mark Shostrom -
--- Bud Westmore -

Select 2 producers
--- Bradley Fuller -
--- Dino De Laurentiis -
--- Roy Lee -
--- Lloyd Kaufman -

1/2 Select 2 writers
--- Jaume Balagueró -
--- Robert Bloch -
--- Jack Ketchum -
-X- H.P. Lovecraft: The Color Out of Space

19/30 Select 30 of the following sub-genres / types
-X- *3-D Film: House of Wax
--- Agoraphobia -
-X- Anthology Film: Black Sabbath
--- Appears on BFI's 100 European Horror Films List -
--- Appears on Video Nasties List -
--- Based on a True Story -
--- Based on a Novel -
-X- Cannibalism: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
--- Cinema Inspired By Edgar Allan Poe -
-X- Cinematic Titanic / Horror Host / MST3K / RiffTrax: RiffTrax: The Bermuda Triangle
--- Classic Universal Monsters Movie -
-X- Comedy / Spoof: Creature from the Haunted Sea
-X- Criterion / Masters of Cinema Version Film: The Blob
--- Death by Fire -
--- Distributor / Studio: Vinegar Syndrome -
-X- Documentary: Monster Madness: The Golden Age of the Horror Film
--- Extraterrestrial / Takes Place in Space -
--- Film From Someone Else's List You've Never Seen -
--- Film From TCM's October Schedule -
--- From a Basis Gogos Painting -
--- Found Footage -
-X- Frankenstein: Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed
-X- Ghost / Haunting: The Haunting
-X- Giallo: The Cat o' Nine Tails
--- K-Horror -
-X- Killer / Evil Animal: Cujo
-X- Killer / Evil Child: The Other
--- Killer / Evil Doll -
--- Made-for-TV Movie -
--- Monster / Creature Feature / Godzilla -
-X- Mummy: The Mummy
-x- Musical / Rock ‘n Roll Horror: Mad Monster Party?
--- Nation of Origin: China -
--- Nazi -
-X- Psychological: A Field in England
--- Rape / Revenge -
-X- Slasher / Psycho / Homicidal Maniac: A Nightmare on Elm Street
-X- Takes Place on a Holiday: Night of the Living Deb - 4th of July
--- Takes Place on or Under the Sea -
-X- Three Installments in a Franchise: The Mummy's Hand / The Mummy's Tomb / The Mummy's Ghost
--- Vampire -
--- Werewolf -
--- Witchcraft / Satanic / Religious -
--- With Commentary -
--- With Two or More Horror Legends -
-X- Zombie: Wyrmwood: Road of the Dead

Watch 1 w/commentary from the "Masters of Commentary"
--- Joe Bob Briggs -
--- John Carpenter -
--- Larry Cohen -
--- Joe Dante -
--- Tim Lucas -
--- Guillermo del Toro -
--- David del Valle -

2/3 Watch films in at least three formats
-X- Streaming: Stranger Things, 8 episodes
-X- BD: The Mummy's Curse
--- Third format, (insert format), (insert title).

1/3 Watch films in at least three languages
-X- Japanese: Kwaidan
--- Second language, (insert language), (insert title).
--- Third language, (insert language), (insert title).

3/3 Watch 3 films that you've never seen before that...: Completed
-X- Stars a Barbara (Steele, Crampton, Hershey, Shelley): Curse of the Crimson Altar (Barbara Steele)
--- Features music by Richard Band -
--- Was made in the 1950s: Robot Monster
--- Features a Disembodied / Possessed Hand -
--- Was written by Jimmy Sangster -
--- Features a solar eclipse -
--- Has the words "It" in the title -
--- Was directed by David Cronenberg -
--- Stars Michelle Bauer -
--- Takes place at a cemetery -
-X- Features an actor who played pop culture horror killer in a different role: Mindwarp - Angus Scrimm as not The Tall Man

4/8 Select 8 decades of film history
--- 1890 -
--- 1900 -
--- 1910 -
-X- 1920: The Phantom of the Opera
-X- 1930: The Ghoul
-X- 1940: Voodoo Man
-X- 1950: The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake
--- 1960 -
--- 1970 -
--- 1980 -
--- 1990 -
--- 2000 -
--- 2010 -

1/1 Select 1 from the "Chronological Horror Years Face-off": Completed
--- 1942 (75th) -
-X- 1967 (50th): Yongary, Monster from the Deep
--- 1992 (25th) –

Select 2 from the following anniversaries
--- 100th Birthday of Santos -
--- 15th Anniversary of The Rondo Hatton Awards -
--- 20th Anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayer -
--- 25th Anniversary of The Sci-Fi/SyFy Channel -

2/4 Select 4 ratings
--- G -
--- PG -
-X- PG-13: Mama
-X- R: The Eyes of My Mother
--- NC-17 -
--- X -
--- Unrated -
--- M -
--- GP -

Attend a live event (convention, play, haunted house, ghost tour, etc.)
--- (insert event). OPTIONAL

Venture Into the Literary World
-X- Read a Horror Novel or Novella: The Invasion of the Body Snatchers / Jack Finney
--- Read a Horror Comic Book or Graphic Novel (insert title). OPTIONAL
--- Read a Horror Magazine (insert title). OPTIONAL

Terrifying Themes!
Spoiler:
-X- 10/01: Farewell Texas Gentleman Who Took the Chainsaw That Extra Mile, You Directed Poltergeist; We Know Your Style! - R.I.P. Tobe Hooper: Salem's Lot
-X- 10/02: Radioactive Materials Produced from Industrial Waste, These Slimy Carcinogenic Poisons Will Give You Superpowers to Fly to Outer Space! - Slime, Goo & Toxic Waste Horror: The Blob
-X- 10/03: It Slices! It Dices! It Circumcises! - Slashers / Giallos / Serial Killers: The Cat o' Nine Tails
-X- 10/04: Produced Carefully One Frame At a Time, These Two-Dimensional Abominations Are Nightmare-Fueled Versions of Modern Day Pantomime. - Animated Horror: Mad Monster Party?
--- 10/05: Straitjackets Unhinged; Crazies On the Fringe! Holy Crap, It's Societal Collapse! - Werewolves / Were-Creatures On A Full Moon -
--- 10/06: Enchanted Forests, Men with Hooks for Hands, A Ghostly Woman Residing in the Mirror ...It All Goes Hand In Hand. - Folklore, Urban Legends & Fairy Tale Horror -
-X- 10/07: Mindfuckery of Lynchian Dream Logic Style with Hallucinogenic Head Trips that Beguile - Nightmares & Dreamscapes / Hallucinations & Drug Trips: Mindwarp
-X- 10/08: Viruses! Plagues! Outbreaks! Walking Corpses that are Undead!
Call In the Military; Shoot 'Em in the Head! - Zombies: Night of the Living Deb

--- 10/09: From Scream Queens to the Final Girl, These Deadly Women Will Make Your Nightmares Unfurl! - Day of the Woman: Female Directed Horror Films -
-X- 10/10: Chronological Horror Years Faceoff - Chapter 5 - 1967 (Gold) Vs. 1992 (Silver) : It Survived: Yongary, Monster from the Deep
--- 10/11: Dusty Decaying Bones in Rat-Infested Paris Catacombs - Skull & Bones -
--- 10/12: Some Poor Sap in the Museum's Egyptian Wing is Lying Dead ...Never Remove the Cursed Sarcophagus Amulet From the Mummy's Ancient Rotting Head. - Mummies -
--- 10/13: It's That Annual Event At Camp Crystal Lake When Teens Get a Little Perverse ...Meanwhile Crazy Ralph Politely Reminds Everyone You're All Doomed; There's a Death Curse! - Unlucky Charms - A Celebration of Friday the 13th: Black Cats / Broken Mirrors / Ladders / F13 Films -
--- 10/14: Intestinal Annihilation with a Little Arterial Spray, Add Some Gory Depravity & Blood Spatter... It's All In a Day! - Splatter / Gore -
--- 10/15: Once, Twice, Three Times the Lacerations - Horror Anthologies -
--- 10/16: Print Media is Slowly Decaying. Two of the Big Dogs Unfortunately Won't Be Staying. - R.I.P. Fangoria / Video Watchdog -
--- 10/17: Friends, Frenemies or Just a Figment of the Imagination;
That's a Friendship Crapshoot Gambling with Your Eradication! - Friends 'till the End: The Good, The Bad & The Imaginary -
--- 10/18: Expectant Mothers Carrying the Antichrist; Their Freakishly Mutated Offspring Presumably Won't Play Nice! - Pregnancy Horror -
--- 10/19: Ectoplasmic Entities Materializing at Night. Strong Yet Suspenseful Emotional Frights. Summoning the Dead by Candlelight. - Supernatural / Quiet/Soft / Seances -
--- 10/20: Bela's Blood Sucking Bloodbath Birthday Bash Bonanza Extravaganza! - Vampires -
--- 10/21: R.I.P. VCR: You're Officially Belated, But Your Kick-Ass VHS Video Cover Art Will Never Be Outdated! - 1980s Video Companies Spotlight: Media Home Entertainment / Video Stores -
--- 10/22: Manufactured Tulpas from Unearthly Dimensions Or Maybe Evil Twin Siblings Just Hanging At Local Horror Conventions? - Evil Twins & Doppelgangers -
--- 10/23: Tonight's Forecast Calls for a 100% Chance of Unadulterated Fright! - It Was a Dark and Stormy Night... -
--- 10/24: Now Boarding: Your Ticket to Sun-Drenched Terror! - Coffin Joe's Caribbean, Mexican & Central/South American Cruise to Port Oblivion Featuring Hispanic Icons -
--- 10/25: The Shittiest, Cheapest Movies Mankind Ever Sprung; Some So Bad, They're Good ...Others are Killer Tongue! - IMDB Lowest Rated Horror -
--- 10/26: Goodbye Godfather of the Modern Living Dead & Social Commentary Guru of What Needed to Be Said. - R.I.P. George A. Romero -
--- 10/27: Hello Friends, Welcome to the 100th Anniversary of Antonio Bay! We're Murderous Ghost Mariners from A Leper Colony ...Yeah, We Can't Stay! - Small Town Horrors -
--- 10/28: Binge-Watch Parties From Beyond the Grave & Benighted. Beware! There's a Catch; Pray You're Not Invited! - Mass Marathon of the Damned 8: Horror Parties -
--- 10/29: Electronically Produced Via Keyboard from the Bowels of Hell... This Retro Futuristic Music from Beyond Is the Proverbial Death Knell. - The Synth of Fear -
--- 10/30: Evil Witches Cast Their Spell, Runaway or Discover the Demon-Infested Layers of Hell! - Devil's Night Debauchery: Demonic Possession / Satanic / Witchcraft / Hell -
--- 10/31: Halloween Evokes the Spirits of the Dead, Tread Lightly or Experience a Decapitated Head! - All Hallows Eve Horrifically Hideous Hellfest / Samhain: An Evening of Celtic Horror -

Spooky Subset Films!
Spoiler:
--- 09/30: group vote - Cronos (1993)
--- 11/01: group vote - Arachnophobia (1990)
--- xx/xx: wildcard - any horror theatrical showing (2017)

--- 10/01: Dick Laurent - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)
--- 10/02: shellebelle - C.H.U.D (1984)
--- 10/03: ororama - Amer (2009)
-X- 10/04: clckworang - Mad Monster Party? (1967)
--- 10/05: Darkgod - Bad Moon (1996)
--- 10/06: hbsvb - Candyman (1992)
--- 10/07: Gobear - The Void (2016)
--- 10/08: arw6040 - Train to Busan (2016)
--- 10/09: jacob_b - Raw (2016)
--- 10/10: nezumi - Yongary, Monster from the Deep (1967) / Highway to Hell (1992)
--- 10/11: rbrown498 - The Screaming Skull (1958)
--- 10/12: Trevor - Bubba Ho-Tep (2002)
--- 10/13: tarfrimmer - Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
--- 10/14: Chad - One Dark Night (1982)
--- 10/15: Mondo Kane - Tales of Halloween (2015)
--- 10/16: Bladz - Martyrs (2008)
--- 10/17: mallratcal - Pin (1988)
--- 10/18: numbercrunch - Seeding of a Ghost [Zhong gui] (1983)
--- 10/19: pacaway - Under the Shadow (2016)
--- 10/20: Shack - Ganja & Hess (1973)
--- 10/21: The Man with the Golden Doujinshi - Day of the Dead (1985)
--- 10/22: Undeadcow - +1 (2013)
--- 10/23: TheBigDave - Dolls (1987)
--- 10/24: alyxstarr - Alucarda (1977)
--- 10/25: WillieMLF - Hobgoblins (1988)
--- 10/26: PCBreakdown - The Crazies (1973)
--- 10/27: DaveyJoe - Messiah of Evil (1973)
--- 10/28: SethDLH - The Initiation (1984)
--- 10/29: Darth Maher - The Fog (1980)
--- 10/30: SterlingBen - Witchtrap (1989)
--- 10/31: cwileyy - Ghostwatch (1992)

Last edited by mrcellophane; 10-22-17 at 11:34 PM.