Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Spider-Man: Limited Edition Collection

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 08-18-17, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

This is yet another collection of Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy. I guess I just ignored it, but I just read a review which made me give it some thought. I know it contains a book of some kind, collects most of the extras that are out there, and provides a newly re-cut version of "Spider-Man 3" that is supposed to improve it a bit (which it needed).

I'm not clear about the movies themselves, -is this just a re-printing of the versions we already have, or is the PQ improved.

Anybody got this? Thoughts?
Old 08-18-17, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Spider-Man: Limited Edition Collection

Nothing is saving Spiderman 3. Although I will say that THC is actually quite good in it.

I was in a hotel with Topher Grace once I yelled out "you owe me $8 for Spiderman 3". He was not happy.
Old 08-18-17, 09:18 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Just $8? I would have yelled $20, for the ticket price plus years of living knowing I watched it. You can't unthink it once you've seen it.
Old 08-18-17, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Nothing is saving Spiderman 3. Although I will say that THC is actually quite good in it.

I was in a hotel with Topher Grace once I yelled out "you owe me $8 for Spiderman 3". He was not happy.
I had to look up "THC". I thought that was a drug.
Old 08-18-17, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw this at Costco along with the other book containing the movies that came after. They looked nice and they were cheap but I passed.
Old 08-18-17, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
Just $8? I would have yelled $20, for the ticket price plus years of living knowing I watched it. You can't unthink it once you've seen it.
I've never seen Eric Foreman look so unhappy. Turns out he was there for a relative's wedding (Detroit).
Old 08-18-17, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I've had girls yell out some weird things during sex, but yours might be the most boner-killing example.
Old 08-22-17, 02:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was curious about the Editor's Cut of Spider-Man 3 so I bit on this during Prime Day and sold off my old Trilogy Box Set.

I believe 1 & 3 are the Mastered for 4K versions while 2 is the same old master.
Old 09-06-17, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

4K version coming:

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced that it will release two 4K Blu-ray Limited Edition Collections: Original Spider-Man Limited Edition Collection and Amazing Spider-Man Limited Edition Collection. The two sets will be available for purchase on October 17.

All five theatrical features across both collections are presented in full 4K resolution, presenting the full resolution, detail and color depth inherent in the original elements. 4K Blu-ray brings the full power of these restorations into the home, featuring four times the resolution of high definition, high dynamic range (HDR)–which produces brilliant highlights, vibrant colors and greater contrast on compatible displays. All five theatrical features are also presented with Dolby Atmos audio, creating an immersive soundscape for these action-packed blockbusters.

and Best Buy will have a steelbook version of all 5 films

Old 09-06-17, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really would like to figure out how I'm going to get my wife to okay the steelbook purchase of the five films. I assume it's going to be a C Note upon release. It would then effectively replace my trilogy box import of the first three and then the two newer ones (which I think I have the 3d versions of). Though that might be a packaging nightmare and it might be better bet to go with what looks to be two "books" instead. Decisions, decisions.
Old 09-10-17, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

And the steelbook preorder is $90. Yikes.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/spider-...?skuId=6036306