Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Comic-Con HQ

Old 07-21-16, 03:31 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
Comic-Con HQ

Comic-Con HQ is a new streaming service with convention footage, original shows, movies and TV. The Roku app was just released. There's a live feed from the San Diego Comic Con. They offer a one month free trial. After that it's $5/month or $50/yr.

https://www.comic-conhq.com/
https://channelstore.roku.com/detail...7/comic-con-hq

It's got a lot of people from G4/TechTV. Alison Haislip is hosting the SDCC live feed. I've also seen Adam Sessler, Kevin Pereira, and Chris Gore.

They have some good stuff that isn't available on other streaming services. Movies like The Fog, The Howling, Escape From New York, Swamp Thing, etc. And five seasons of The Avengers.

There's also the web series Con Man with Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion.
Old 07-21-16, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Re: Comic-Con HQ

This actually sounds kind of cool. I live in So. Cal and I'm about 90 minutes away from San Diego, but I've never been able to attend Comic Con.
Old 07-21-16, 04:06 PM

Here's the Comic-Con HQ SDCC live feed:

http://go.comic-conhq.com/live/
Old 07-21-16, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk God

I went ahead and signed up.

I'll at least do the 1 month trial. I figure I'll enjoy the content from the weekend at least and wait and see if there is anything else worthwhile to watch. The stuff I really want to see is from this weekend though.
Old 07-21-16, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk God

So I've been watching the Live feed for the last 40 minutes. Not bad. Although they haven't gotten any big guests yet. Hopefully more this weekend.

They are having some technical problems though, especially with the microphones.

What I really hope they have is full panels of the movies and fall TV shows being promoted there. Hopefully those will be available this weekend whether live or delayed on demand.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-21-16 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-30-16, 10:32 AM

If anyone's a subscriber, could you check and see if they added any Comic Com panels? I let my free trial lapse, because I was mainly interested in the SDCC panels, which they didn't show. And now I can't get back into the site to see what's available.

Then yesterday, I got an email that said over 200 Panels would be available. But no info on when they start releasing them. And if they're full panels or just highlights? If they start posting these, please let me know.

OVER 200 PANELS
are now freshly baking in our programming oven!

As soon as the first batch is fully cooked, you can expect regular updates every few days as special presentations are served up hot from Hall H, Ballroom 20, the Horton Grand, and beyond, including:

Game of Thrones
Orphan Black
Mr Robot
The Walking Dead
Silicon Valley
Preacher
Bones Farewell
Scream Queens
Bob’s Burgers
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Lucifer
Gotham
Son of Zorn
The Last Man on Earth
Fear The Walking Dead
Action Showcase: Prison Break
24: Legacy
The Exorcist
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
American Dad
Salem
Sharknado
Meet Comic-Con HQ
Nickelodeon: Happy Happy Joy Joy
Bates Motel
Spotlight on Joss Whedon
Man in the High Castle
The 100
Dark Matter
Image Comics: Creating the Zeitgeist
Captain America Civil War Screenwriters
Con Man
American Gods
Skybound's The Walking Dead
Entertainment Weekly: Brave New Warriors
Spotlight on Mike Mignola
My Little Pony
Image Defining New Worlds
TMNT
People of Earth and Powerless
The Good Place
The Last Ship

… AND SO MUCH MOARRR!
Old 07-30-16, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Panels have not been posted yet. It says coming soon.
Old 08-24-16, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk God

FYI for anyone here who subscribes to this service, the Comic Con panels are finally available. They are the full versions. Kind of late though. We are pretty close to Fall TV and those panels will be irrelevant for most of the shows once they air.
Old 07-21-17, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Bump

Comic Con is this weekend. For those interested, there is a special promo code that still works.

Enter: wondercon30 and you will get a 30 day free trial as opposed to the 7 day trial.

Decided to re-subscribe again to watch some of the live feeds and panels. However, last year they didn't post the panels until roughly 1 month after comic con ended. That was really frustrating. I hope they go up faster this year.

There's 51 old TV shows and 300+ movies in addition to the comic con content. Mostly it's B movies and such.
Old 07-21-17, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

The one month delay seems intentional, doesn't it, given the 30 day duration of the previous trial period (and now the one you can get with a code)?
Old 07-21-17, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

If they don't offer live streaming of the panels, what's the point? They'll be available on YouTube shortly after they're over.
Old 07-21-17, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk God

So I went in today to see what was on Comic Con HQ.

To my surprise there is no 2017 coverage at all. No live feeds, interviews or panels. Nada. Just a bunch of old movies and show and last years panels.

What the hell? Luckily I'm on a free 1 month trial, otherwise I'd be mad as hell. Why even create this service if you're not doing anything?

I wonder if Lionsgate cut their production budget and they had no money to do coverage this year. Might as well shut down the service then.
Old 07-24-17, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Cancelled today. I was on a free 1 month trial, but glad I didn't even pay them $1.

I think this channel/app is dead. They didn't do jack shit this weekend. The YouTube channel hasn't been updated in over 4 months.

Heard that Lionsgate, who is a co-financier of the channel, didn't even show up at Comic Con.

The social media pages were only showing occasional photos of Comic Con. Hardly what you can call "coverage" No communication at all from the people, including myself, complaining at their pages. Everyone seems to accept this channel is dead.

Very disappointing. I'm guessing this channel didn't make any money last year when it was launched and the accountants freaked out and told them to not spend any money this year, which defeats the whole point of this channel/service.

Too bad. What a waste. I actually know someone who I used to work with at NFL Network and quit to work at this channel. Unfortunately, he will probably be out of work sooner than later.

Also, Con Men, which is an Alan Tudyk independently-produced TV show, was an exclusive to this channel. Now it was sold to SyFy.
Old 07-25-17, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,287 Likes on 936 Posts

The only way to make something like this work is to have live streaming of the panels.
Old 08-03-18, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk God

https://variety.com/2017/digital/new...hq-1202601338/

I somehow missed this news, but it looks like Comic Con HQ shut down as a subscription channel last October.

Lionsgate was selling off their content to other providers.

Too bad. This was a great channel when it launched in Summer 2016, especially with their live Comic Con shows. Too bad the accountants at Lionsgate shut it down when it probably wasn't making money right away.