Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

AMC Premiere / AMC+ -- AMC Network's Streaming Services

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Old 03-25-17, 05:37 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts

AMC is planning to launch a premium streaming service. It'll be commercial free and cost around $5-$7/month. It'll only be available to cable/satellite subscribers that have a package which includes AMC. I'm sure that'll annoy a lot of cord-cutters.

Personally, I'd sign-up for it. At least for a month here and there to binge watch my favorite shows. I paid $35 for the current season of Walking Dead on Vudu (since I hate commercials). That would cover 6-7 months worth of AMC's streaming service.

AMC plans ad-free streaming service for cable subscribers

AMC Networks Inc, whose shows include "The Walking Dead," is planning to launch a commercial-free online video streaming service aimed at millennial TV subscribers, two sources familiar with the situation told Reuters this week.

Unlike standalone streaming options from Time Warner’s HBO and from CBS Corp, AMC's would be exclusively available to consumers who subscribe to a cable TV package. AMC is doing this, the sources said, as a way to support the traditional cable television industry at a time when many younger consumers are increasingly cutting the cord.

AMC is discussing featuring digital-only spinoff shows of its existing programs like "The Walking Dead" and is considering pricing between $4.99 to $6.99 a month, according to the sources, who cautioned final details are still being worked out.

Packaging the service as an add-on to existing cable bills allows AMC to curry favor with cable and satellite companies.

READ MORE - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-am...-idUSKBN16V2CW
Old 03-26-17, 09:20 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
re: AMC Premiere / AMC+ -- AMC Network's Streaming Services

I'm pretty sure some AMC content is available for some cable/satellite subscribers - pretty sure I have that feature with Dish.

If I'm already paying for the tiered programming that gives me AMC, I wouldn't pay extra to cutout the commercials. I find the last sentence in the article above interesting. Pretty sure there were a few times where AMC was blacked out due to fee structure negotiations w/the providers. Perhaps there's risk of that happening again and this is a mitigation step.
Old 03-26-17, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Yeah, this is what I want. An increase to my cable bill for content I already get.
Old 03-26-17, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

There is no point to this. AMC streams only have limited commercials as it is. This is just stupid.
Old 03-27-17, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

yet another paid streaming service.

But, that makes no God damn sense to limit it to paid cable/satellite subscribers. Who among them are going to pay for this? You would think that AMC would want to develop and market this for cord cutters as a standalone service.
Old 03-27-17, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk God

http://www.avclub.com/article/amc-mi...ing-ser-252735

Even the writer of this AV Club article thinks this is a stupid idea....because of the cable/satellite requirement.
Old 03-27-17, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
yet another paid streaming service.

But, that makes no God damn sense to limit it to paid cable/satellite subscribers. Who among them are going to pay for this? You would think that AMC would want to develop and market this for cord cutters as a standalone service.
Yep-Agreed.

Who has the time too watch all this stuff?

I no longer work and still there is only so many hours in each day and I probably watch too much TV.

I've been reading rumors(Nothing Official) that Fox might start their own streaming service. I was reading this earlier this year when word came out about Hulu's Live TV.

If Warner Brother's ever started a legit streaming channel(with everything WB,not just older crappy movies) this would be the Granddaddy of them all.This would include their animation(I know there is one coming out) ,tv and movie library.
Old 03-27-17, 09:00 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been waiting a long time for this one in particular. And then...they had to go and make it "for cable subscribers only" and...what the ????

This in particular gets me:
AMC is doing this, the sources said, as a way to support the traditional cable television industry at a time when many younger consumers are increasingly cutting the cord.
So, you acknowledge there are many younger consumers who are increasingly cutting the cord, and you proceed to create a paid streaming service that requires a cable subscription?

Old 03-27-17, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

It's probably better to wait for a press release in this case, as that really doesn't make any sense.
Old 06-29-17, 11:41 PM

AMC's premium ad-free streaming service is now available. But only for Xfinity customers.

http://www.amcpremiere.com/subscribe/

https://www.xfinity.com/amcpremiere

AMC launches a $5 per month ad-free TV streaming service — but not for cord cutters

Cable network AMC today announced the launch of a new streaming service called AMC Premiere, which allows subscribers to pay $5 per month for access to commercial-free versions of its current TV shows, along with uncut movies, while also allowing customers to stream new TV episodes at the same time as they’re airing on television. There is, however, one big catch: AMC Premiere is not for cord cutters. At least, not yet.

Yep, that’s right. For now at least, you have to be a pay TV subscriber to use AMC Premiere — and specifically, a Comcast Xfinity TV customer.

That’s because launch of the new service is currently tied to a deal with Comcast, whose Xfinity TV customers will be able to stream the service via their set-top boxes as well as the Xfinity Stream website and mobile app. In the months ahead, authenticated Comcast customers will be able to watch via AMC.com and the AMC mobile apps, too.

----------------

Comcast is receiving a share of the subscription revenue that AMC Premiere generates as part of the deal’s terms. However, the agreement doesn’t prevent AMC from offering Premiere to other providers in the future, nor does it prevent the network from expanding to serve the cord-cutting market, if it chose.

We understand that AMC doesn’t currently have plans to go over-the-top with Premiere — it sees it more as an upgrade option for pay TV customers. But it does plan to bring it to more cable companies, satellite providers and telcos in the future.

READ MORE - https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/29/am...-cord-cutters/
Old 08-14-18, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Hey FYI, looks like this is now a "premium" add-on to the current AMC app for most providers.

I logged on to the app tonight via DirecTV and it looks like if you pay $4.99/month, you can get the shows ad free and there are extras as well.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-14-18 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-09-18, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk God

FYI

Looks like "AMC Premiere" has no free trial. You get billed $4.99 right away. Also, when you sign up, the billing will go through either iTunes or the Google Play store, not directly through AMC like other services.

It doesn't have everything. Some shows like The Terror, Humans, The Son, Hell on Wheels and Breaking Bad aren't on it. But, some of those are licensed to other providers.

It's looking like this is just an ad free add-on to get caught up on some currently airing shows. Not really worth it even for only $5 per month.
Old 10-01-20, 09:15 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

AMC+ has launched and it is $8.99 as an Amazon channel or Apple TV add on. It is also included if you have Xfinity, Dish, and Sling. It includes Shudder, IFC On Demand, Sundance TV in addition to AMC content.
https://www.amcplus.com/

$8.99 is a pretty good deal for the bundle.

Last edited by dex14; 10-01-20 at 09:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (10-02-20)
Old 10-01-20, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by dex14
AMC+ has launched and it is $8.99 as an Amazon channel or Apple TV add on. It is also included if you have Xfinity, Dish, and Sling. It includes Shudder, IFC On Demand, Sundance TV in addition to AMC content.
https://www.amcplus.com/

$8.99 is a pretty good deal for the bundle.
That's a great deal. I'd sign-up if they allowed you to use the Shudder app. I prefer the dedicated app over the Amazon interface. You can't watch Joe Bob live on Amazon.
Old 10-02-20, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Got AMC+ last night. Actually not a bad bundle. Decent amount of content and some live channels including a live AMC+

Going to use it at least for a few months to watch Gangs of London and see a few of the documentaries.

The 1st episode of Walking Dead: World Beyond is also already up.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-02-20 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-07-20, 10:57 AM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

I just saw that I have AMC+ on my Dish channels on channel 294. Does anyone know if this is a permanent thing? Do I have access now to the on-Demand AMC+ too?
Old 12-22-20, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: AMC Premiere / AMC+ -- AMC Network's Streaming Services

I was watching Christmas Vacation on AMC+ (w/Amazon Prime) and I was surprised because every once in awhile a 30 second commercial would appear during the movie.

WTF

I thought when you pay for a movie streaming service it should be commercial free.

Buyer beware.
Old 12-22-20, 10:45 AM

I’ve never had an issue like that, but I use AMC+ mostly for Shudder and IFC.
Old 08-18-21, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Looks like AMC + launched their own app on Roku and Apple. It still has the bundle with IFC, Sundance and Shudder.

I currently have it through Amazon, but I might switch it up and use the app instead. My current renewal isn’t for 3 more days.
Old 08-18-21, 07:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I signed-up for the Free Trial. They offered a discount of $59.99/yr, and I picked that. But I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. I still have 3 months on my Shudder annual membership.

They don't have the Shudder livestream. That might be a dealbreaker for me. I like watching The Last Drive-In on Friday nights. I don't want to wait until they upload it on Sunday.
Old 08-18-21, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Looks like AMC + launched their own app on Roku and Apple. It still has the bundle with IFC, Sundance and Shudder.

I currently have it through Amazon, but I might switch it up and use the app instead. My current renewal isn’t for 3 more days.
Prime Day .99 for 2 month deal? lol me too.
I'm actually enjoying AMC with the other channels more than I thought I would. I got the Starz deal too. Been bingeing the shit out of those 2 the past 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 08-21-21 at 08:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (08-19-21)
Old 08-19-21, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Looks like I won't be using the AMC+ app just yet. I tried to cancel it on Amazon yesterday and they gave me two extra months at 1/2 off.
Old 09-04-21, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts

I signed up for the trial. (Amazon didn't offer me a discount rate )
I had to go through Apple Tv device in order to see the yearly offer. If I went through the Apple TV app on iPhone it only indicated the monthly rate after trial. The device send you to a link and it had the offer.

I saw a new movie (Superhost) dropped on Shudder that I wanted to add to my list, but damn if I can find it. Is there some kind of delay if you don't subscribe directly to Shudder? I got an email from Shudder about it since I used to subscribe to it.

I think it would be better if each "channel" had it's own 'recently released/new' area. But looks like there is just one for everything.

It looks like you need a separate app in order to view on Amazon Fire stick, the "channel" app doesn't seem to have an option to sign in. I couldn't find it on firestick search, but found it on the web and sent it to my fire.

So far I'm liking the Amazon built in channel app better.
Old 09-04-21, 05:31 PM

I see it via AMC+ Amazon Channels:
Amazon Amazon

But if you didn't subscribe that way, then I guess that doesn't help.
Old 09-04-21, 07:40 PM

I ended up cancelling during the free trial. I thought the Roku app UI was slow, clunky and poorly laid out.

I mostly use Shudder. And that app is much better. Plus it has the livestream which I like. So I'm just sticking with my Shudder subscription.

I may resub to AMC+ for a month here and there if I want to watch something.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.