Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Put $20 into your Amazon Cash wallet, get $10 emailed immediately from Amazon

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 06-25-17, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Cumbersome deal, but for those wanting to buy something cheap...found this on Blu-ray.com.

Amazon is currently running a promo where you put $20 on your Amazon account through Amazon Cash and they'll give you a $10 credit.

Featured B&M Stores:

Gamestop
CVS
Cumberland Farms
D&W Fresh Market
Fred's Pharmacy
Kum & Go
Holiday
Kwik Trip
Sheetz
Speedway

Amazon Cash transaction must occur between 12:01 am (PT) on June 12, 2017, and 11:59 pm (PT) July 31, 2017.

Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (look for "sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".

Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.

Offer limited to one per customer and account.

The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10 off products sold by amazon.com.

You will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the credit has been added to your customer account.

Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) August, 31, 2017.

Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.

Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.

Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.

If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.

If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
You have to physically go to the store. There's no way you can do this online, as far as I know.

Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of employees have no idea about this deal, so you may encounter some trouble, but a lot people have had success getting this deal.
Old 06-27-17, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts
Re: Put $20 into your Amazon Cash wallet, get $10 emailed immediately from Amazon

Here's the actual promo details, including the link to generate your barcode:

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=16955883011
Old 06-27-17, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Put $20 into your Amazon Cash wallet, get $10 emailed immediately from Amazon

Couldn't have been easier. I did it while picking up my prescription at CVS. Had the girl scan the barcode, and told her $20. A minute later, it was done, and I had 2 confirmation e-mails from Amazon for the $20 added plus $10 promo.
Old 06-27-17, 04:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not familiar with Amazon Cash, so apologies up front. This is just an extension of my loading my Amazon account with gift card credit, only I have to physically go to one of the listed stores and pay them the amount after they've scanned the bar code? If so, I'm not sure what the point of this is, but if Amazon wants to give me a reward for the little bit of hassle this is, I'm game.
Old 06-27-17, 05:16 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by lumberjack
I'm not familiar with Amazon Cash, so apologies up front. This is just an extension of my loading my Amazon account with gift card credit, only I have to physically go to one of the listed stores and pay them the amount after they've scanned the bar code? If so, I'm not sure what the point of this is, but if Amazon wants to give me a reward for the little bit of hassle this is, I'm game.
Yes, you have to physically go to a store and give them actual cash pay the $20 any way you choose.

I guess it's mainly for people without credit cards.

Like you, I don't need this service but since it's so easy to do and I go to stores anyway, I'll take their free credits.

Last edited by Trevor; 06-28-17 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-27-17, 09:46 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

People on another deal site said they were able to pay with credit card to load the money.
Old 06-27-17, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts

Did this today at a CVS.
Older woman at counter was not sure what it was, took her 2 tries to get it to work. She said 'I've loaded more money on a giftcard before, so maybe it's like that...'. I had to click agree to something on the screen, then it asked for my credit card, but I used cash. I think the first time, she couldn't scan my barcode, it was waiting for a physical card to get swiped, she made some changes then was able to get the scanner to work.

I didn't realize it, but the $10 credit does not show up on your balance. It is supposed to show up during checkout on Amazon. But I got an email confirming the bonus.

One perk of this, is my wife won't see how much I spent when the cc statement comes in. Now, just to time the deliveries when she is not here...
Old 06-28-17, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson

I didn't realize it, but the $10 credit does not show up on your balance. It is supposed to show up during checkout on Amazon. But I got an email confirming the bonus.
Does it show up separate from other credit? I have some credit, and I just want to use the $10 I get from this deal.
Old 06-28-17, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by g
People on another deal site said they were able to pay with credit card to load the money.
Doh! I said it myself in our other thread here that discussed this. Fixed my post. Yes, you can pay the store with a credit card.
Old 06-28-17, 11:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Doh! I said it myself in our other thread here that discussed this. Fixed my post. Yes, you can pay the store with a credit card.
Knowing this now, what is the point of Amazon Cash? And why would 10,000 stores agree to be part of this? They're essentially taking their customers' money and giving it to Amazon to shop at Amazon, not their own stores.

I walked in to CVS this morning and just put $20 into my Amazon account. CVS didn't benefit at all from my visiting them, unless they make a little something from Amazon. If that's the case, it seems like that little something won't be worth it when Amazon takes their customers away and they file Chapter 11 (or are bought by Amazon).
Old 06-28-17, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by EinCB
Does it show up separate from other credit? I have some credit, and I just want to use the $10 I get from this deal.
As far as I can tell, it doesn't show up anywhere until you check out, then it says:
Amazon Cash Promo: -$10.00

As far as CVS or other stores making money on this, do they make anything for selling giftcards for other stores? I assume this would be the same compensation.
Old 06-28-17, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As far as I can tell, it doesn't show up anywhere until you check out, then it says:
Amazon Cash Promo: -$10.00
The promo credit should "show up" here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...cId=1000811661

I say "show up" because it shows up as $10 credit for Amazon Video, MP3, AND Video Games. Despite that, it's only 1 $10 credit, and it can be used for anything (sold by Amazon.com).

As far as CVS or other stores making money on this, do they make anything for selling giftcards for other stores? I assume this would be the same compensation.
It's exactly like that. In fact, if you look at the fine print, you'll see that with Amazon Cash, you're actually buying a gift card at the store, and then immediately redeeming that card into your Amazon account.
Old 06-30-17, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

Did this today while I was near a CVS. Couldn't have been much easier. The cashier was a little uncertain about how to do it, but scanned the barcode and it worked like a charm.
Old 07-10-17, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Stopped by Gamestop with a printed bar code and the two associates had no idea what this was about. They said they were never trained about this and they had to read the guidelines about this.

Took 5 minutes, though, and I walked out with $10 Amazon promo credit. I paid with cash.

When ordering, the $10 appears as "Amazon Cash Promo." Also, I can use it to order a PSN, Xbox, or Nintendo eShop gift card.
Old 07-11-17, 11:00 AM

Also a $5 promo code after you buy a $25 gift card, prime only.
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&nod...blurayforum-20
Old 07-24-17, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=TheBang;13104995]The promo credit should "show up" here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...cId=1000811661

I say "show up" because it shows up as $10 credit for Amazon Video, MP3, AND Video Games. Despite that, it's only 1 $10 credit, and it can be used for anything (sold by Amazon.com).

-------

Thank you for the above link

---

QUESTION : Does the line below means the credit has to be used before August 31, 2017

Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) August, 31, 2017.

Thanks

Last edited by soundman2; 07-24-17 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-26-17, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's correct.

The last day to get in on this deal is July 31st.
Old 07-31-17, 06:17 PM

Last day bump to get your free $10.
Old 08-02-17, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 164 Posts

Did it on the 31st and still no code :\ Put something Sold By Amazon and no discount. Time to contact them tonight...
Old 08-03-17, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Did it on the 31st and still no code :\ Put something Sold By Amazon and no discount. Time to contact them tonight...
Chatted, promo added!
Old 08-04-17, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I did this on the 31st and I had to contact them as well to get the credit.
Old 08-17-17, 08:37 AM

Has anyone tried using the $10 promo.

It only shows up in cart as payment when you add a movie or other digital item. Does not show up on other non digital items
Old 08-17-17, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

From my understanding (and use), it was for anything ships and sold by Amazon only.
Old 08-17-17, 02:43 PM

I had a "courtesy credit" of $10 when I bought a BD the other day. Had no idea where it came from, perhaps this promo?
Old 08-24-17, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by b2net
From my understanding (and use), it was for anything ships and sold by Amazon only.
Thank you

Yes I ordered stuff sold by Amazon and was able to use the $10 credit - can be anything sold by amazon. ( NOT just fulfilled by Amazon)

I was trying to maximize the credit. It was not very easy to find stiff with good prices and then sold by Amazon, everything that i wanted and had good price were sold by 3rd party and fulfilled by Amazon.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.