Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Last UHD (or, unrealistically, Blu Ray) you watched?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 05-04-17, 10:59 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I figured since it seems like a lot of us are buying UHD now, some for 4K and an even smaller amount for Atmos/DTS:X, I thought I'd start this thread for discussion and thoughts on UHD, your impressions and whatnot.

For me, I'm almost digging listening to Atmos and DTS:X (and I plan on buying the Auro 3D package for my receiver in the next few weeks) more than 4K - almost. I also have a 7.2.4 setup using the Denon x6300h.

Just to harp on the other thread title, I add the "unrealistically Blu Ray" mostly because very few titles have Atmos on blu. Some do however, for those who haven't gotten into 4K yet but already have an Atmos system.

So who's now watching UHD discs?

I watched Expendables 1 and part of 2 last night. Good picture, but the sound is top notch.

Last edited by E Unit; 05-04-17 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-05-17, 03:01 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Last UHD (or, unrealistically, Blu Ray) you watched?

Kudos to the sound and picture for this movie. I had the floor shaking quite a bit with this one. Blind bought this one, and for the most part it was worth it. But damn, such a grim ending for this character. This had a great use of overhead speakers.
Old 06-05-17, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You might want to put spoiler tags on that or change the description. You don't people saying you spoiled the end of the movie
Old 06-28-17, 08:39 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Bought this from the U.K. since this had no US release in 4K Ultra HD for some odd reason. One of my favorite movies from this year, so it was a must buy for me. Great picture, no Atmos soundtrack but still sounds very good. I'm hoping there's an Unbrekable 4K release before Glass comes out in early 2019, since I never ended up owning it, but it's one of the best superhero origin films ever made, and I watch it a lot off of HBO GO.
Old 06-29-17, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brack

Bought this from the U.K. since this had no US release in 4K Ultra HD for some odd reason. One of my favorite movies from this year, so it was a must buy for me. Great picture, no Atmos soundtrack but still sounds very good. I'm hoping there's an Unbrekable 4K release before Glass comes out in early 2019, since I never ended up owning it, but it's one of the best superhero origin films ever made, and I watch it a lot off of HBO GO.
4K version is coming out Sept. 12th. But yeah, not sure why it didn't come out the same time as the regular blu ray.

https://www.amazon.com/Split-4K-Blu-...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 06-29-17, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronSch
Well, I would've ignored this thread. However,, the choice of thread title was an exercise in arrogance that pissed me off.
E Unit is very obviously riffing on Last BD (or, unrealistically, HD DVD) you watched?. Hardly an "exercise in arrogance". Neither is it a confrontational title; in the nearly two months this thread has been around, no one has reported it, spoken of any issue with the subject line, etc.

Off-topic posts have been moved.

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 06-29-17 at 05:42 PM.