TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

Old 05-17-17, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

What a train wreck.
Jenna fingerband
Laurel going after Cara Maria was Hilarious (and kinda sad)
Corey dogging Kayla
Camilla's dance and thong and fight
"A female can be replaced" by whatever his name is.
Corey and Nelson will hopefully face off soon.
(Sm)Ashley bought boobs.
Hilarious Train-wreck.

Last edited by boogieman03; 05-17-17 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-18-17, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
I really wish MTV would release unedited versions of these reunions on their website or something. Based on years of reading reports of what actually happened vs what they choose to air, most of the time the best most interesting stuff is left on the cutting room floor.
The editing is always very jarring. Any back-and-forth conversations rarely make sense because things are so chopped up you can't follow any of the arguments. People seemingly start randomly shouting at each other and the reasons are usually indecipherable. This is the case with many of these reunion type of shows. I love the Bad Girls Club reunions, but they particularly suffer from this phenomena, as though the entire taping was cut into 5 second clips and randomly shuffled together for final airing. It is so bad that it becomes as funny as anything that actually happens on the show.
Old 05-21-17, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts

I worked seven days in a row and I'm just now getting around to watching the reunion. It was good to see The Miz back on MTV. Well, we know where Smashley's prize money went.... It looks like they might be setting up Laurel and Cara Maria for another Rivals season. I don't see how anyone could beat that team and an Amanda/Camilla team would be very, very interesting. A Nelson/Cory team would be pretty strong except during puzzles.... Now onto Champs vs Pros!
Old 05-21-17, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Camilla's hate twerking was hilarious.

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
The editing is always very jarring. Any back-and-forth conversations rarely make sense because things are so chopped up you can't follow any of the arguments.
Yeah there is zero flow and they're hard to watch for this reason. Host asks quest and there's like a three sentence reply that segues into shouting. Point of these reunions should be to get backstory/flesh things out but it's mostly just repeating the same talking points we got during the season. Can't stand that chopped up, super over edited feel .. stopped watching Amazing Race because it's the same style.