Designated Survivor (S1E21) -- Season Finale -- "Brace for Impact" -- 5/17/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-17-17, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

SEASON FINALE OF ABC'S 'DESIGNATED SURVIVOR'

"Brace for Impact" - In the nail-biting season finale, Hannah Wells must stop the conspiracy from carrying out a final attack while President Kirkman authorizes a nationwide manhunt for the mastermind behind it all, on ABC's "Designated Survivor," SUNDAY, MAY 17 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

"Designated Survivor" stars Kiefer Sutherland as Tom Kirkman, Natascha McElhone as Alex Kirkman, Adan Canto as Aaron Shore, Italia Ricci as Emily Rhodes, LaMonica Garrett as Mike Ritter, with Kal Penn as Seth Wright and Maggie Q as Hannah Wells.

Guest starring are Geoff Pierson as former President Cornelius Moss, Rob Morrow as Abe Leonard, Mark Deklin as Jack Bowman and Kevin R. McNally as Harris Cochrane.

"Brace for Impact" was written by David Guggenheim. Fred Toye is the director.

Renewed for a 2nd season. Will return to Wednesdays at 10pm

Ratings gradually dropped throughout the season, but this was one of the most heavily DVR'd shows of the TV season. That's the reason why it's coming back. Plus, ABC has deal with Netflix for this show.

I've liked the last few episodes. The conspiracy arc seems to be winding down.
Old 05-18-17, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Designated Survivor (S1E21) -- Season Finale -- "Brace for Impact" -- 5/17/17

Going through D.C. traffic at 80 m.p.h. with a bomb set to go off in 2 minutes was ludicrous.
Old 05-18-17, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
Re: Designated Survivor (S1E21) -- Season Finale -- "Brace for Impact" -- 5/17/17

Meh finale.
Old 05-18-17, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Great first season. The true 24 spinoff. Jack Bauer became the President.

Sean Callery did a great job with the musical score during the Hannah Wells / Jason Atwood flashback scene.

Great brawl between Wells and Lozano. And some cool camera shots during the car chase.

I will definitely be back for season 2.
Old 05-18-17, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

So much for the conspiracy arc being wrapped up.

Overall a good, but not great 1st season. You could tell the writers had some bumps trying to figure out the direction of the show. But, at least they dropped the storylines that weren't working...ex. Tom's son.

Great fight scene with Lozano and Hannah. Maggie Q is very petite, but she is always able to sell the action scenes.

I'll be back for year 2 of the Kirkman administration.
Old 05-18-17, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Very uneven season but I liked it overall - I just hope there is some way that Kirkman can be more involved in the actual ACTION plot of next year - yes, I know he's not Jack Bauer but having him only getting info from people over the phone or in 1 on 1 meetings etc. when Kiefer could be out kicking ass is a damn shame.
Old 05-19-17, 06:23 AM

Very strong first season, mediocre finale. I'll watch next year.
Old 05-19-17, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 871 Likes on 642 Posts

Decent wrap up to the season. I don't think we're left with any mysteries and AMH got away for next season. I'll be keeping the season pass.
Old 05-19-17, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great season finale.

The conspiracy itself was actually wrapped up. As Kirkman said in his speech, they know exactly who did what and their plans for the future. Now it's just a matter of finding and stopping them.

While it didn't happen this season, I have to imagine they will get Kirkman out of the White House and in some action next season as these bad guys implement a new plan to just openly take out anybody in government. Expect some pretty big POTUS and support personnel in peril episodes. Maybe of a pseudo remake of the movies Air Force One or White House Down.

What I find interesting about this decision to "solve the conspiracy" is that now they can only suspend the bad guys being on the loose for so long before they have to move on to something else.
Old 05-20-17, 05:07 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah wasn't bad, no one near the level of 24 but this show is ok

I did wish they wrapped this storyline up and created something new for season 2
Old 05-29-17, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The part with Lozano getting out of the Pentagon scot-free was one of the most ridiculous moments in a season full of ridiculous moments. This show was moderately entertaining, but it's always the last thing I watch.