Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race (S29E09/10) -- 2 Hour episode -- 5/18/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-18-17, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

RACERS FACE THEIR FEARS AND BATTLE EXTREME HEAT DURING CHALLENGING ROADBLOCKS IN VIETNAM ON BACK-TO-BACK EPISODES OF "THE AMAZING RACE," THURSDAY, MAY 18

"I Thought We Were Playing It Nice" (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- An extreme fear of heights paralyzes one Racer at a Roadblock when faced with bungee jumping 240 feet from a bridge into the Corinth Canal, on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, May 18 (9:01-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Riding a Bike is Like Riding a Bike" (Ninh Binh, Vietnam)
- Teams battle the scorching heat while transporting shrimp baskets for one mile to a local fisherman, and one Racer approaches their breaking point during the exhausting Roadblock, on THE AMAZING RACE, Thursday, May 18 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan)
is the host.

Remaining Teams in THE AMAZING RACE:

Matt and Redmond

Becca and Floyd

Tara and Joey

London and Logan

Scott and Brooke

For those of you who missed the news, the show was renewed for a 30th season. But, it won't air until midseason. Most likely sometime in 2018.
Old 05-18-17, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race (S29E09/10) -- 2 Hour episode -- 5/18/17

So out of the first nine episodes this season, three were non-elimination (no drama) and three were double u-turns used in such a way that there was little doubt of the outcome (no drama). Only three of the first nine episodes had meaningful final moments. I liked having strangers paired as teams this season, but they need to stop the over reliance on gimmicked legs.
Old 05-19-17, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Ouch, a brutal and heat exhausting leg in Vietnam. But it did provide for some SOLID entertainment (all the arguing and complaining)

London and Logan still alive!

And damn you CBS for the commercial about the upcoming 2nd hour. Spoilers! You showed a few teams still in the race, which killed the suspension of the first hour leg.
Old 05-19-17, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't think I'd see a person worse than Hayley (blind date nurse from season 26) to be partnered, but I think Brooke has easily moved to the top of my list. Or, is that bottom of my list?

Tough to see team fun go from last to first to last again. I don't think that is the first time teams had trouble with the heat and humidity in Viet Nam.
Old 05-19-17, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
I didn't think I'd see a person worse than Hayley (blind date nurse from season 26) to be partnered, but I think Brooke has easily moved to the top of my list. Or, is that bottom of my list?
I kept thinking: Could you imagine being the poor guy who somehow ended up married to this woman?
Old 05-19-17, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Though Scott is a more entertaining partner for that sort of player, giving her snark and sass. While Blair just stoically took it.

Tough to see team fun go from last to first to last again. I don't think that is the first time teams had trouble with the heat and humidity in Viet Nam.
That was brutal ... poor Floyd Props to Becca for being positive and supportive until the end. She's like the anti-Brooke. And she shouldered part of the blame since she knew she should've done the biking challenge.

I liked their finishing song: "Becca and Floyd are winning this race! Standing at the finish line in first ... err ... uh .... well, waving at the winners."

I missed the previews for next week. Is it the finale?
Old 05-19-17, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm quite relieved to see Team "fun" gone. Brooke and Scott are slightly worse imo, but to me they both are just grating as hell.
Old 05-19-17, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad to see Team Fun go, they were great. Really hoped they'd make it to the finale and win.

That was a brutal leg, hard to believe Floyd make that long trip twice.
Old 05-21-17, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
Though Scott is a more entertaining partner for that sort of player, giving her snark and sass. While Blair just stoically took it.

That was brutal ... poor Floyd Props to Becca for being positive and supportive until the end. She's like the anti-Brooke. And she shouldered part of the blame since she knew she should've done the biking challenge.

I liked their finishing song: "Becca and Floyd are winning this race! Standing at the finish line in first ... err ... uh .... well, waving at the winners."

I missed the previews for next week. Is it the finale?
No, not the finale.

The thing that Hayley had that I haven't really seen from Brooke was that absent all the yelling she actually brought skills to them as a racing team (final leg aside). Strange as it may sound, she and Blair remained friends after the race.