Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

CBS announces Fall 2017-18 schedule

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-17-17, 08:51 AM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

On tap for midseason: Returning shows Elementary, Man With a Plan, Code Black and The Amazing Race, as well as new series INSTINCT and BY THE BOOK.

All told, the CBS schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8:30 9JKL
9 pm Kevin Can Wait
9: 30 ME MYSELF & I
10 pm Scorpion

MONDAY (after Thursday Night Football concludes on Thursday, Oct. 26)
8 pm Kevin Can Wait
8:30 9JKL
9 pm ME MYSELF & I
9: 30 Superior Donuts
10 pm Scorpion

TUESDAY
8 pm NCIS
9 pm Bull
10 pm NCIS: New Orleans

WEDNESDAY
8 pm Survivor
9 pm SEAL TEAM
10 pm Criminal Minds

THURSDAY
8 pm Thursday Night Football

THURSDAY (after football concludes)
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8:30 pm YOUNG SHELDON
9 pm Mom
9:30 Life in Pieces
10 pm S.W.A.T.

FRIDAY
8 pm Macgyver
9 pm Hawaii Five-0
10 pm Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8 pm Crimetime Saturday (drama series encores)
9 pm Crimetime Saturday (drama series encores)
10 pm 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7 pm 60 Minutes
8 pm WISDOM OF THE CROWD
9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles
10 pm Madam Secretary

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: 2 Broke Girls, American Gothic, BrainDead, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Doubt, The Great Indoors, The Odd Couple, Pure Genius and Training Day
Old 05-17-17, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: CBS announces Fall 2017-18 schedule

Football and Survivor and nothing else.
Old 05-17-17, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts

I'll check out Young Sheldon, but just The Big Bang Theory, Life in Pieces, and Survivor for me. I'll be watching The Amazing Race too whenever it comes back at midseason.
Old 05-17-17, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

I like NCIS and Criminal Minds, so those I'll DVR. With Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders gone, would be nice if they could move Gary Sinise over to the original.

I know Blue Bloods has been on Fridays @ 10 for a long time, seems SWAT would be a better fit with that line-up of retreads.
Old 05-17-17, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Worth posting again. Shemar Moore's reaction to SWAT getting picked up. This is an Instagram video:

This clip made me

For new shows, I'll check out SWAT and Seal Team.

Good idea to pair TBBT with Young Sheldon.
Old 05-17-17, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

TBBT for me (at this point I'm in it til the end).
Old 05-17-17, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I like NCIS and Criminal Minds, so those I'll DVR. With Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders gone, would be nice if they could move Gary Sinise over to the original.

I know Blue Bloods has been on Fridays @ 10 for a long time, seems SWAT would be a better fit with that line-up of retreads.
The main show's cast is way too big already. Adding Damon Gupton made it way too bloated. Adding Sinise wouldn't make any sense since he's the head of his own team and they worked international missions.
Old 05-17-17, 09:44 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Just Madam Secretary and Blue Bloods for me. And Blue Bloods has devolved into a just bunch of shouting recently, so I'm iffy on that.
Old 05-17-17, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Ditto
Old 05-17-17, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Life in pieces renewed.. its a mediocre show, but my Wife and I watch it as it has a few moments each ep.. surprised at that one...

Will give young sheldon a try, but I don't have high hopes...
Old 05-17-17, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The main show's cast is way too big already. Adding Damon Gupton made it way too bloated. Adding Sinise wouldn't make any sense since he's the head of his own team and they worked international missions.
1. Make it less bloated; but with contracts can't happen I understand. 2. Government workers get re-assigned all the time. 3. Doesn't have to be a main role but a smaller cameo-esque one (a la Jayne Atkinson)
Old 05-17-17, 12:08 PM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

I forgot that Young Sheldon will be a single camera show. That will be interesting.
Old 05-17-17, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Just Macgyver
Old 05-17-17, 12:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BBT, MacGuyer, NCIS: LA and Madam Secretary (both now to DVR due to time)
Old 05-17-17, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk God

1st SWAT cast photo. That's Justin Lin in the middle, he directed the Pilot. Shawn Ryan, the EP of Timeless, is also an EP on this show.

The dude with the grey hair and beard on the left is Jay Harrington. Some of you probably know him from Better off Ted.

The blonde guy on the right is Kenny Johnson. Best known as Lem from The Shield. Obviously past relationship with Ryan.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-17-17 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-17-17, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Why no word on Hunted? Could it still come back pre-Survivor in the winter?
Old 05-17-17, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by windom
Why no word on Hunted? Could it still come back pre-Survivor in the winter?
Not on the schedule both Fall and Midseason

Translation= Dead

Here are the show descriptions:

THE NEW FALL DRAMAS:

SEAL TEAM stars David Boreanaz in a military drama that follows the professional and personal lives of the most elite unit of Navy SEALs as they train, plan and execute the most dangerous, high stakes missions our country can ask of them. Deployed on clandestine missions worldwide at a moment's notice, and knowing the toll it takes on them and their families, this tight-knit SEAL team displays unwavering patriotism and fearless dedication, even in the face of overwhelming odds. Ben Cavell, Ed Redlich, Chris Chulack, Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly are executive producers for CBS Television Studios. Emmy Award winner Chulack directed the pilot.

SEAL TEAM stars David Boreanaz as Jason Hayes, Max Thieriot as Clay Spenser, Neil Brown Jr. as Ray, A.J. Buckley as Sonny, Toni Trucks as Diaz and Jessica Paré as Mandy Ellis.

Inspired by the television series and feature film, S.W.A.T. stars Shemar Moore as a locally born S.W.A.T. sergeant newly tasked to run a specialized tactical unit that is the last stop in law enforcement in Los Angeles. Torn between loyalty to the streets where he was raised and allegiance to his brothers in blue, former Marine Daniel "Hondo" Harrelson (Moore) has everything it takes to successfully bridge the divide between his two worlds and excel at leading his dedicated team of brave men and women as they risk their lives to protect the community. Aaron Thomas, Shawn Ryan, Justin Lin, Neal Moritz, Marney Hochman, Danielle Woodrow and Pavun Shetty are executive producers for Sony Pictures Television in association with CBS Television Studios. Lin directed the pilot.

S.W.A.T. stars Shemar Moore as Daniel "Hondo" Harrelson, Stephanie Sigman as Jessica Cortez, Alex Russell as Jim Street, Jay Harrington as David "Deacon" Kay, Lina Esco as Christina "Chris" Alonso, Kenny Johnson as Dominique Luca and Peter Onorati as Mumford.

WISDOM OF THE CROWD stars Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Jeremy Piven as a visionary tech innovator who creates a cutting-edge crowdsourcing app to solve his daughter's murder, and revolutionizes crime solving in the process. Inspired by the notion that a million minds are better than one, Silicon Valley entrepreneur Jeffrey Tanner (Piven) develops "Sophe," an online platform for publicly shared information, and recruits the original cop who searched for his daughter's killer, Det. Tommy Cavanaugh (Richard T. Jones), to work with him. As Tanner taps into the "wisdom of the crowd," his unexpected success fuels his determination to solve even more cases than just the one that's personal to him. Ted Humphrey; Adam Davidson (pilot); Avi Nir, Alon Shtruzman, Peter Traugott, Rachel Kaplan (Keshet Media Group); and Dror Mishani and Shira Hadad are executive producers for CBS Television Studios in association with Universal Television. Davidson directed the pilot. Based on the Israeli format of the same name.

WISDOM OF THE CROWD stars Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Jeremy Piven as Jeffrey Tanner, Richard T. Jones as Det. Tommy Cavanaugh, Natalia Tena as Sara Morton, Blake Lee as Josh Novak, Jake Matthews as Tariq Bakari and Monica Potter as Alex Hale.

THE NEW FALL COMEDIES:

9JKL stars Mark Feuerstein in a family comedy inspired by his real life. Josh Roberts (Feuerstein) is a new divorcé and actor between projects who moves home to New York to regroup, living in an apartment sandwiched between his doting, meddlesome parents on one side and his competitive brother, sister-in-law and their new baby on the other. As Josh's family literally comes at him from both sides, he realizes he desperately needs to establish some personal boundaries, because his loving family is always going to be right there for him. Always. Dana Klein, Mark Feuerstein, Aaron Kaplan, Wendi Trilling, Dana Honor and Pam Fryman are executive producers for Kapital Entertainment in association with CBS Television Studios. Fryman directed the pilot.

9JKL stars Mark Feuerstein as Josh Roberts, Linda Lavin as Judy, Elliott Gould as Harry, David Walton as Andrew, Liza Lapira as Eve and Matt Murray as Nick.

ME, MYSELF & I stars Bobby Moynihan in a comedy about the defining moments in one man's life over three distinct periods - as a 14-year-old in 1991, at age 40 in present day and at age 65 in 2042. During these pivotal periods of yesterday, today and tomorrow, Alex always finds a way to move forward with determination and humor, knowing his life story isn't defined by the bad things that happen to him, but instead by how he chooses to deal with them. Dan Kopelman, Aaron Kaplan, Dana Honor and Randall Einhorn (pilot only) are executive producers for Kapital Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. Einhorn directed the pilot.

ME, MYSELF & I stars Bobby Moynihan (Alex, present day), Jack Dylan Grazer (Alex, 1991), Brian Unger (Ron, 1991, present day), Jaleel White (Darryl, present day), Kelen Coleman (Abby, 2042), Skylar Gray (Abby, present day), Christopher Paul Richards (Justin, 1991), Mandell Maughan (Maggie, 1991), Reylynn Caster (Nori, 1991), with Sharon Lawrence (Eleanor, 2042) and John Larroquette (Alex, 2042).

YOUNG SHELDON - For 9-year-old Sheldon Cooper (Iain Armitage), it isn't easy growing up in East Texas. Being a once-in-a-generation mind capable of advanced mathematics and science isn't always helpful in a land where church and football are king. And while the vulnerable, gifted and somewhat naïve Sheldon deals with the world, his very normal family must find a way to deal with him. THE BIG BANG THEORY's multiple Emmy Award winner Jim Parsons narrates as Adult Sheldon. This single-camera, half-hour comedy gives us the chance to meet Sheldon in childhood, as he embarks on his innocent, awkward and hopeful journey toward the man he will become. Chuck Lorre and Steve Molaro created the series and executive produce along with Jim Parsons and Todd Spiewak for Warner Bros. Television. Jon Favreau directed the pilot.

YOUNG SHELDON stars Iain Armitage as Sheldon, Zoe Perry as Mary, Lance Barber as George Sr., Raegan Revord as Missy and Montana Jordan as Georgie Jr. THE BIG BANG THEORY's multiple Emmy Award winner Jim Parsons narrates the comedy as Adult Sheldon.

NEW SERIES FOR LATER THIS SEASON:

INSTINCT stars Alan Cumming as a former CIA operative who is lured back to his old life when the NYPD needs his help to stop a serial killer. Dr. Dylan Reinhart (Cumming) is a gifted author and university professor living a quiet life teaching psychopathic behavior to packed classes of adoring students. But when top NYPD detective Lizzie Needham appeals to him to help her catch a serial murderer who is using Dylan's first book as a tutorial, Dylan is compelled by the case, comes out of retirement and taps into his old skill set. Though Dylan and Lizzie initially clash, when it comes to catching killers, they realize they will make an ideal team if they both trust their instincts. Based on the soon to be published James Patterson book. Michael Rauch, Marc Webb, Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin (Secret Hideout), James Patterson, Bill Robinson, Leopoldo Gout and Alan Cumming are executive producers for CBS Television Studios. Webb directed the pilot.

INSTINCT stars Alan Cumming as Dr. Dylan Reinhart, Bojana Novakovic as Lizzie Needham, Daniel Ings as Andy, Naveen Andrews as Julian Cousins and Khandi Alexander as Lt. Monica Ford.

BY THE BOOK is a comedy about a modern day man at a crossroads in his life who decides to live strictly in accordance with the Bible. Chip Curry (Jay R. Ferguson) is the film critic for a New York newspaper and a soon-to-be father who wants to be a better man following the loss of his best friend. As he begins his sincere spiritual journey toward a more moral life with the help of his wife and friends, he wonders if he'll be able to take a page - or every page - out of the Good Book, and if the effect will be of Biblical proportions. Based on The New York Times bestselling book The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs. Patrick Walsh, Johnny Galecki, Andrew Haas, Spencer Medof and multiple Emmy Award winner Andy Ackerman (pilot) are executive producers for Alcide Bava Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios. Ackerman directed the pilot.

BY THE BOOK stars Jay R. Ferguson as Chip, Lindsey Kraft as Leslie, Ian Gomez as Father Gene, David Krumholtz as Rabbi Ableman, Tony Rock as Vince and Camryn Manheim as Ms. Meadows.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...W0ZChtu4Qms.99
Old 05-17-17, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Ransom was canceled. I think it would have done better with a different time and day.
Old 05-17-17, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
tough but fair
Old 05-17-17, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
TBBT for me (at this point I'm in it til the end).
Same.

The rest of the CBS schedule is definitely not for me.
Old 05-17-17, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Survivor, plus episodes of Scorpion when I happen to wander into the room.
Old 05-17-17, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like the Monday night 8 - 10 slot we'll stick with, NCIS, Life In Pieces is one of our favorites. It's a little goofy but much fresher than Modern Family.
Old 05-17-17, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I was surprised at how many they added to NCIS considering it was just DiNozzo, McGee and Ziva doing all the heavy lifting. Now they have Quinn, Torres and Reeves along with Bishop and McGee. Reeves is nothing but a filler but there isn't much for him to do.
Old 05-17-17, 04:05 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I'll stick with Big Bang, Mom, Superior Donuts, and Elementary (best procedural on TV for my money). I'll probably continue to hate watch Scorpion. I'll check out Young Sheldon, and maybe the other new comedies if they get good buzz.
Old 05-17-17, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Hawaii 5-0 for me. Can't believe I just said that.

And Amazing Race whenever that comes back.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.