Reload this Page >

Survivor: Game Changers (S34E13) -- "Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow" -- 5/17/17

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-17-17, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

ONLY SIX CASTAWAYS WILL REMAIN AFTER TWO SHOCKING TRIBAL COUNCILS, ON THE PENULTIMATE EPISODE OF "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, MAY 17

"Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow" - Only six castaways will remain after two shocking tribal councils, and castaways pour their hearts into a challenge that could be the key to their safety, on the penultimate episode of SURVIVOR, Wednesday, May 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Maku Maku" Tribe

Andrea Boehlke

Aubry Bracco

Michaela Bradshaw

Brad Culpepper

Cirie Fields

Sarah Lacina

Troyzan Robertson

Tai Trang

I will not be here next week. And I know the Survivor finale threads are one of the more active threads. So someone here will have to step up and make that thread next week.

Thx.
Old 05-17-17, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: Survivor: Game Changers (S34E13) -- "Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow" -- 5/17/17

Much better episode tonight. Michaela was a study of what happens the moment a useful idiot loses their usefulness.
Old 05-17-17, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts
Re: Survivor: Game Changers (S34E13) -- "Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow" -- 5/17/17

Wow, 2 hour finale next week ... there will be a lot to fit in. 3 immunity challenges, 3 regular tribal councils, 1 final tribal council.

There must have been a lot that we didn't see going on behind the scenes. If someone steals your vote, and you have 2 idols with only 3 chances left to play them, I don't get how you wouldn't play one just to be safe.

What was Cirie's intent with the vote stealing? It doesn't make sense for her to lie in her confessionals ... but how does stealing Sarah's vote help Sarah stay in the game? Why not just tell Sarah if she thought there was a plot against her, and she wanted to keep her safe?

So now Sarah's guaranteed to make final 5. And Tai is guaranteed to make final 4 ... unless he does something utterly idiotic
Old 05-17-17, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea what happened in that final tribal. Hope Aubry makes it to the end.
Old 05-17-17, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was a bit confusing, but I think Sarah stole Tai's vote to throw Cirie/Michaela/Aubry off track to get them to vote for Tai (as opposed to turning on her). I think Cirie just threw a vote away on Aubry, maybe thinking Brad/Troyzan would also be voting her. So as far as Cirie/Michaela/Aubry knew it was going to be Sarah x2 + Michaela + Aubry all voting for Tai which is four out of seven.

I'm guessing Sarah expects Cirie to still work with her after removing her only other ally. Cirie is also an obvious target for the others whereas Michaela was keep around fodder for the final and basically just did whatever Cirie told her to do.
Old 05-17-17, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

One of the worst edited episodes I can remember ever,the first boot was poorly set up and their literally was no explanation for the 2nd. This show is really jumping to Big Brother terrority with endless twists and poor story development.
Old 05-17-17, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought Tai was a goner for sure, but since we have no idea what anyone was talking about (because of the absurdity of what Probst has turned tribal council into), maybe he knew what he was doing? Hopefully they will explain next week, but I feel like all the strategy talk during the episose is rendered almost useless with what Jeff now allows at tribal. I wish they'd go back to open talk that everyone can hear, or no talk.

Originally Posted by brainee
So now Sarah's guaranteed to make final 5. And Tai is guaranteed to make final 4 ... unless he does something utterly idiotic
I have every confidence in the world that he will screw this up. If he was given 3 idols with a chance to play them all the way down to final 3, he'd still manage to screw it up. He's looking to make a big move - someone will sucker him in.
Old 05-18-17, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I think they are burning two tribals a show rather than running the season for the usual length because they have such boring personalities left. I think it usually runs 15 or 16 eps per season and tonight's show was only the 11th.

If Sarah wins, she will be the dullest winner ever. I hope Aubrey can go on a win streak.
Old 05-18-17, 03:43 AM

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
I think they are burning two tribals a show rather than running the season for the usual length because they have such boring personalities left.

5 of the final 7 were Brad,Cirie,Michaela,Aubry and Tai who have all been Yuge charecters either this season or in past seasons. Even if Sarah were to be the winner it's not like they are not without other options to build episodes around.
Old 05-18-17, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a bit disappointed to see Andrea go, not so much Michaela.

I wonder about next week when they go 6-to-5. Someone'll win immunity, Sarah has to use her advantage, Tai probably'll play an Idol (I don't think they last until 4), and maybe Troyzan will play his Idol too?
Old 05-18-17, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 164 Posts

Do people who votes for them as they join tribal council? Does Sierra know Sarah backstabbed her? I don't get the Michaela vote, that came out of nowhere.
Old 05-18-17, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

It's been suggested Sarah took out Michaela to hurt Cirie, since she was her side-kick. I'm not sure about Cirie voting for Aubry.
Reading Jeff Probst's comments for this episode, he simply regards this (the chaos and whispering) as the new normal for TCs.
This season has one less episode than the usual Spring seasons. I'd be curious if the cast and crew was settled before they got their episode order.
Old 05-18-17, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 299 Posts

Andrea cleans up nicely... this episode was such a cluster, that's all I could take away from it.

The whispering stuff has to end... it was different the first time. By the 4th time, it's nonsense.
Old 05-18-17, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts

if Michaela had just found that advantage first.... after all, the advantage played last night was the one sitting 3 inches away from her feet a few challenges ago.
Old 05-18-17, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

what would have happened if Tai had this vote stolen, everyone votes for Tai, then Tai plays an idol?
Old 05-18-17, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts

I'm sad to see Andrea go. She's Survivor Barbie, but she's too big of a threat and she'll never win Survivor. I hope Aubry can pull out a miraculous win or make the final three so I can win something in the pool. Besides Aubry, I don't like anyone left. I think it would be pretty interesting if Troyzan can play his idol correctly and pull out a win....
Old 05-18-17, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

I'm still rooting against Cirie. Which at least made it enjoyable seeing her screw up last night.
Old 05-18-17, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,675 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
what would have happened if Tai had this vote stolen, everyone votes for Tai, then Tai plays an idol?
They would probably treat it like a tie, and everyone would revote with Tai retaining his immunity. Not sure if the stolen vote is good for the entire tribal council (like immunity) or just the first vote.
Old 05-18-17, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I'm sad to see Andrea go. She's Survivor Barbie, but she's too big of a threat and she'll never win Survivor. I hope Aubry can pull out a miraculous win or make the final three so I can win something in the pool. Besides Aubry, I don't like anyone left. I think it would be pretty interesting if Troyzan can play his idol correctly and pull out a win....
I totally forgot Troyzan has an idol. So if the 3 guys stick together they have a great shot at the final 3. 3 idols and all 3 have a good chance at winning the individual immunity challenge. The other side gave up their 5-3 advantage and now have a real chance of being picked off one by one.
Old 05-19-17, 04:00 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dino88
I totally forgot Troyzan has an idol.
Sadly, Troy may have forgotten about it, too.

Then again, it might not matter since Tai will probably give his away.

I'd love to see both of them make the finals just to hear their sales pitches.

With all the whispering going on, expected somebody to get up & to over to Probst to whisper in his ear. Or over to the jury to do the same.
Old 05-19-17, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez
One of the worst edited episodes I can remember ever,the first boot was poorly set up and their literally was no explanation for the 2nd. This show is really jumping to Big Brother terrority with endless twists and poor story development.
Yup. It's pretty lame that when they have supposedly the best lot of players they have assembled, and they give us every little of what goes down between the immunity challenge and tribal. And given the very short time frame next week, it's sure to be more of the same. But I have hope that it still be very interesting given the number of idols and advantages that could be played simultaneously. I'm really hoping Aubry can guide Tai into playing his idols correctly and they're least two of the last three if three make it to final tribal.

Spoiler:
But sadly the previews showed Tai distraught that he made mistake. I suspect Aubry tries to guide him in the right direction and he screws it up. Just like he did in his original season.
Old 05-19-17, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I'm still rooting against Cirie. Which at least made it enjoyable seeing her screw up last night.
I'm still not clear what the hell she was trying to pull with that advantage. She seems to be getting the winner's edit which is annoying.

Problem with this season is pretty much all the better players got targeted immediately so we're left with the weaklings other than Brad.
Old 05-19-17, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts

We could have Tai play an idol, Troyzan play an idol, Culpepper win immunity, Sara leverage her advantage (presumably be safe) and Aubrey play Tai's other idol... Cirie would go out by default with no vote needed
Old 05-19-17, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GuessWho
We could have Tai play an idol, Troyzan play an idol, Culpepper win immunity, Sara leverage her advantage (presumably be safe) and Aubrey play Tai's other idol... Cirie would go out by default with no vote needed
That would be awesome.
Old 05-19-17, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Probst would have self-destructed like a fembot in an Austin Power movie.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.