Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

How do you guys juggle multiple games and how many at once?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: How many games can you play at once?
1 (only)
62.50%
12.50%
25.00%
0%
0%
5+
0%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-17, 11:15 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

i find it so amazing that some of you can play multiple games at the same time, switching off from one to another.

i have trouble maintaining activity with 1, let alone 2 or 3. i mean i guess when i play a game i just want to finish it and then move on, i don't always finish them before moving on (bc another may pique my interest more at the time), but still.

i think i wish i could play multiple games just to get some variety and i love variety, but then will that hurt me going from one game to another and remembering the controls? like i played Resident Evil 7, loved it, but then wanted to play some Bulletstorm and was immediately taken and RE7 goes forsaken. would also love to finish BioShock and try this Prey 2 game that sounds real good. but, if i can't play 1, then no way of many...

so just curious, how do you play multiple games roughly during the same time period? and, how many games can you play at once?

Last edited by OldBoy; 05-06-17 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-06-17, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 546 Likes on 399 Posts
Re: How do you guys juggle multiple games and how many at once?

I pretty much only play one game at a time unless it's something like Mario Kart where I can pick it up and play whenever.
Old 05-07-17, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Only one at a time here.
Old 05-07-17, 09:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get out of the mood on the one I'm focusing on sometimes. Even at that, I come back to finish what I started if it's a new game I got. Otherwise I just jump around whenever cuz I've played all that I have and just can switch around cuz it's not a big deal. It's just a video game. It's not going to change anything for me.

I think the OP dude just has a hard time with games based on how the guy reads from his posts. Maybe you're just an alright player? Can't expect to be great at everything. Seems like he wants to make it an event or something. Like a lifestyle aspect he has to have cuz of whatever. It's weird. What's your personal life like? LOL. Just relax, dude. Play the games and just stick with one. It's like a big deal to you or something.

I go back and forth all the time. I can play Mad Max all day and then when I'm in bed I'll just play Kirby: Triple Deluxe on my 3DS. No big deal. I'm a huge gamer. I play games because I like the immersion of it all. I'm not like trying to go by a right way of doing it or some such.
Old 05-07-17, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Yeah it's not a hard rule that I have to play one at a time. Sometimes I will and sometimes I'll play multiple games at once.

Reading on the other hand are a whole nother story. I can only focus on one book at a time.
Old 05-08-17, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,227 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen
I pretty much only play one game at a time unless it's something like Mario Kart where I can pick it up and play whenever.
Ditto.
Old 05-08-17, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I only play one story focused game at a time, and usually have a few games on the side that are easy to pick up and play (sports games, puzzle games, multiplayer shooters).
Old 05-11-17, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts

I only play one at a time. I could play more at once I suppose, but I don't see the point.
Old 05-11-17, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 187 Posts

I typically play one at a time. IF I get stuck and need a break I my put something else in. But because of how ssssssllllllllooooooowwwwww I play I am lucky to finish more than 2-3 a year. STILL have not finished Fallout 4!!! Also unless it is a phone game apt or something. Or something where I can pick it up and play whenever just a to kill a bit of time.

Nothing to be proud of here...
Old 05-11-17, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm two to three at a time typically. Right now it's Burnout Paradise and Grim Legends (A hidden object/point & click game). I've been contemplating starting Diablo III (which I've played on 360 but not on X1) but I'm also tossing around a few other games that I've bought. Typically it's two, but depending on the type of game, I can go three. Used to be when I was in my 20's, it would be 4-5....but those days are long gone. I do jump around though and if I get bored I might put a game away and come back in 6 months to a year if the interest sparks me.
Old 05-20-17, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

I jump around a lot. I just play whatever strikes my mood. Don't often play too many story games though.