Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Old 02-22-07, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

STICKY?

Inspired by Ky-Fi's cheap Marvel Masterworks post, I thought we should maybe have a permanent thread for people to post any comic related bargains, hot deals, or misc. crazy low prices found around the internet, B&M stores, etc.

Let me know what you think.
Old 02-22-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would prefer it be a deal of the day kind of thing rather than a running comment on what bargains you can get through DCBS (or whatever Preview-related site you pre-order from) every month.
Old 02-22-07, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's this DCBS thing I keep hearing about?

I agree with Chew. I can post the Mile High codes each week if that'd help.
Old 02-23-07, 07:59 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
Fourthed (and subscribed).
Old 02-24-07, 12:27 PM

I've been waiting for a thread like this! Awesome!
Old 02-26-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,009 Likes on 615 Posts
I still think this is a great deal (though there was not one response in the thread I started for it):

Great deal on Stan Lee's Amazing Marvel Universe (incl 45 minutes of Lee commentary)!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in my local Barnes & Noble last night and they had a small stack of these at the front near there bidget books. This is a $50 book and they had them for $14.98! (even better deal if you have a B&N card)

Being a Stan Lee fan, I always wanted this book and I have always loved to hear him talk and listen to the enthusiasm in his voice about comics and his many creations/co-creations. The book is approx 200 pages long and feature 45 minutes of his comments as you read along in the book (kinda like a director's commentary on a dvd).

I love the idea and think it is well done. The book is very colorful and has lots of history and trivia about the marvel universe.

I know many of you may have been interested in this book but didn't want to shell out 50 bucks like me. $15 is more than reasonable and well worth Checking out your B&N for it in my opinion. They also have it online as well!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bo...641792564&itm=3

Quote:
From the Publisher
Stan Lee--whose wildly creative imagination gave life to such Super Heroes as Spider-Man, The X-Men, and Daredevil--presents his 50 favorite MARVEL-ous moments. An exclusive book and digital audio collection that's a must-have for every comic book fan.
Experience the Marvel Universe in a whole new way--guided by the master himself in a gorgeous, deluxe volume with audio files that actually feature Stan Lee speaking. Lee is known and beloved to millions as the man who helped propel Marvel to its preeminent position in the comic book industry. From The Incredible Hulk to The Fantastic Four, his work has left an indelible mark not only in comics, but also in movies and TV. That's why his huge number of fans will be thrilled with this unique and beautifully designed full-color book, printed on art-quality paper. It presents 50 top Marvel happenings, arranged chronologically, plus 68 audio tracks (45 minutes running time) of Lee's fascinating commentary. The format, which contains an actual 2" speaker, allows you to skip and scroll easily to wherever you want. There's even a 3-digit LCD display. Anyone who's ever wondered why the Hulk started out gray and then changed to green, what Stan was thinking when he agreed to kill off Gwen Stacy, and why Lee decided to make Daredevil blind, will finally find the answers. The book is profusely illustrated, showcasing ten thematic spreads that detail such subjects as the "Women of Marvel," "Marvel vs. DC," "Morality in the Marvel Universe," and "Spider-Man's Artists." This is simply like nothing else on the market--and comics fans will snap it up!
Old 02-26-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks! I"m gonna pick that up.
Old 03-03-07, 12:04 PM

Google $10 checkout Deals

Through Buy.com, that $10 Google deal can make the procurement of graphic novels fairly economicable.

I picked up some Transmetropolitan stuff. Warren Ellis is THE man.
Old 04-07-07, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts
IMAX offering 10% off SELECT Spidey merchandise at your local Comic Book Shop

This was in the IMAX email newsletter. Hopefully this direct link works:

http://www.imax.com/filmmarketing/Sp...%20REVISED.pdf

Comic shop locator:
http://www.comicshoplocator.com/IMAX/
Old 04-24-07, 11:36 PM

I am still new with DCBS and though I love it so far, I have a question. I received my first half of a month's shipment two weeks ago and should receive the next shipment this Thursday. I already saw the shipping email indicating what would be in this remaining half month's shipment and it has all the comics but neither of the two trade paperbacks (WW and also the Atom: My Life in Miniature) that were ordered in February orders for April delivery. Are these trades running late from the publisher, or does DCBS just tend to run a little later on their trades? Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.
Old 04-27-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TimT
I am still new with DCBS and though I love it so far, I have a question. I received my first half of a month's shipment two weeks ago and should receive the next shipment this Thursday. I already saw the shipping email indicating what would be in this remaining half month's shipment and it has all the comics but neither of the two trade paperbacks (WW and also the Atom: My Life in Miniature) that were ordered in February orders for April delivery. Are these trades running late from the publisher, or does DCBS just tend to run a little later on their trades? Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.
Atom shows a release date from DC as 05/02: http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=7142

I think you'll find a whole lot of stuff will be late from the publishers, it's just something to get used to.

I'm still waiting on the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen HC I pre-ordered in July.
Old 04-27-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by TimT
Well, first off, were those trades solicited for this month or were they advance solicitations. The advance ones ship at a later time than all of the other things you order at the same time. Otherwise, it probably just got delayed.
Old 04-27-07, 01:28 PM

Wonder Woman: Who is Wonder Woman was solicited in February. It looks like it has been cancelled or delayed. Does anyone have any info? P.S. Thanks for the info on the Atom TP.
Old 05-06-07, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there another site like DCBS? How often do the specials change on the site?
Old 05-06-07, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by MrPink
Is there another site like DCBS?
I imagine there are dozens.

tales of wonder, x world, westfield, mile high comics off the top off my head.
Old 05-06-07, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by MrPink
Is there another site like DCBS? How often do the specials change on the site?
mailordercomics.com and midtowncomics.com
Old 05-13-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts
I was at Books a Million this weekend, and saw Buy 2 get 1 free on Marvel Trades and Hardcovers. Picked up HC's of Avengers Disassembled, New Avengers Vol 1, and Wolverine Classic
Old 12-26-07, 06:43 PM

Things from another world has 50%-85% off on some of the Dark Horse graphic novels.
http://www.tfaw.com/Search?_results_disc_search=15
I did post when I first seen it (Saturday after Thanksgiving), it looked like it was a one day only sale. I checked today to see if there was any after Christmas deals and this was still going on. Took about 3 weeks to get to me on the cheapest shipping.
With my last order I got
Mask Limited box set:
http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/The-Mask...Box-Set___2783
It's a collection of the fist 2 mini series in 2 oversized hardback books with a slip case. Signed by both writer and drawer, other book is hand numbered of 1,000. reg. $99.99 Sale: $19.99

Aliens Tribe HC: Reg. $24.95 Sale $4.95
http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Aliens%3...s-GSA-HC___104

Too Much Coffee Man: Guide for the Perplexed Ltd Ed HC Reg. $49.99 Sale $14.99
http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Too-Much...d-Ed-HC___2665
I was a little disappointed in it, though it was going to be bigger, it is limited to 500 copies.

Some stuff I seen that I might order:
Rascals in Paradise: I don't know anything about this except a couple of recommendations before. Only has issues 1-3 are these big issues, so it doesn't seem like a very good deal. $19.99
http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Rascals-...-Ed.-HC___1647

A Small Killing:
http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/A-Small-Killing-GN___1753
Alan Moore Reg. $11.95 Sale $4.78

ZombieWorld: Champion of the Worms 2nd Ed. TPB
http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/ZombieWo....-TPB___193411
Reg. $8.95 Sale: $1.79

Anybody have any recommendations to check out?

And I have 2 coupons to help with shipping:
Code: giblets
Shipping: $2.99 flat
Min order: $20
more info: www.tfaw.com/Offer/Giblets
Code: stuffing
Shipping $10 off any shipping method
Min: $35
more info: www.tfaw.com/Offer/Stuffing
Both coupons expire on Dec. 31, 2007
Old 01-03-08, 07:45 PM

x-worldcomics.com 50% off till Midnight Jan. 3

http://x-worldcomics.com has 50% off all In Stock items until 11:59 pm est Friday, Jan. 4. A lot of them are already under regular price. Shipping in envelopes is $4.99 in a box is $6.99 (flat no matter how much you order).
I ordered from them from the last sale they had and everything was in perfect shape.

Here's what I got; prices after discount:
HC-FANTASTIC FOUR: BOOKS OF DOOM PREMIERE-7.99
TPB-FANTASTIC FOUR: UNSTABLE MOLECULES-5.99
HC-KINGDOM OF THE WICKED-5.99
HC-LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN: THE BLACK DOSSIER-11.99
TPB - STAR WARS: CLONE WARS ADVENTURES VOLUME 10-2.99

edited: Got an email from them saying the sale was extended till 11:59 pm EST Friday Night

Last edited by Meatwad's Ghost; 01-03-08 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-31-08, 08:00 AM

Found two cool things at Barnes and Noble last night, only one comic related, but here are both.

One was Stan Lee's Amazing Marvel Universe. It's a coffee table sized book recounting the origins of Marvel. It has a little speaker and an hour or so of pre-recorded speech, Stan Lee reminiscing, you can randomly access the talks by page number. It was $7.98 before discount in store, but only $5.99 online.

The other was a sports book, Dark Horses and Underdogs, only $6.98 in store. It comes with a DVD of highlights of the biggest upsets in sports history.

Also, there was another huge coffee table type book about Marvel. Not a huge deal, but on clearance for those interested. link
Old 02-06-08, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw torpedo comics advertised in Marvel bvooks for having 50% off trades, anyone ever use them, they have a few i might be interested in ordering...

https://www.torpedocomics.com/
Old 04-05-08, 02:29 PM

Borders has 'The R. Crumb Coffee Table Art Book', Hard cover edition on Clearance for around $15. They even let me use the 25% off coupon.

They also have the Stephen King's 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon' Pop-up book for $3. Good if you're a Stephen King fan or a fan of pop-ups.
Old 07-20-08, 02:47 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to put this. I noticed in iTunes they have motion comics of Watchmen they animate parts of the comics with a voice over Issue 1 is up right now. If you don't have the comics or Trade it's a free way to check out the comic. You can search or go TV Shows-Sci Fi & Fantasy-Watchmen
Old 07-21-08, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Meatwad's Ghost
Not sure if this is the right place to put this. I noticed in iTunes they have motion comics of Watchmen they animate parts of the comics with a voice over Issue 1 is up right now. If you don't have the comics or Trade it's a free way to check out the comic. You can search or go TV Shows-Sci Fi & Fantasy-Watchmen
Thanks, I had no idea they were doing this. And they're free too.
Old 07-28-08, 10:18 AM
Cool New Member

I am trying to learn german so bought some Asterix Comics from a website for pretty cheap - i always read asterix as a kid and figured this was the most inspiring way for me to learn . . . watch this space . . .

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.