Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

VUDU sharing issue

Old 09-21-16, 05:45 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
VUDU sharing issue

I share my Vudu library with a couple of people, including my parents, and I am aware that Disney/Marvel/Star Wars movies are not shared (which is bullshit), however for some reason the three seasons of the original Star Trek I bought recently are not being shared. Anyone else have this problem? Any idea what's going on? I know there is a glitch where someone usually has to log in to a computer under their account to update the library when they watch movies on a device such as a Roku.

Very frustrating and disappointing.
Old 09-21-16, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,168 Likes on 4,198 Posts
Re: VUDU sharing issue

I've never gotten any of my stuff to share with my parents. I've set up Vudu accounts, given my own credit card numbers, since one is required for sharing, and still never gotten any success. Honestly, I'm super-jealous of how successful you've been, TGM.
Old 09-21-16, 06:06 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Vudu has no sharing in and of itself, you have to configure your ultraviolet accounts for sharing, iirc.
Old 09-21-16, 07:00 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

fine, fine thru Ultraviolet then. But when they try and access my library thru vudu, the original series of Star Trek is not there for them.
Old 09-21-16, 07:23 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
I share my Vudu library with a couple of people, including my parents, and I am aware that Disney/Marvel/Star Wars movies are not shared (which is bullshit), however for some reason the three seasons of the original Star Trek I bought recently are not being shared. Anyone else have this problem? Any idea what's going on?
You can only share UV-compatible titles. The Star Trek seasons are not UV. So you won't be able to share them.
Old 09-21-16, 07:54 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
You can only share UV-compatible titles. The Star Trek seasons are not UV. So you won't be able to share them.
farts.
Old 09-21-16, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought 'The Night Manager' series from Vudu with intent only to share it since I've seen the series. So was disappointed that you cannot share this. So won't be buying series from Vudu anytime soon. When I inquired on this issue to find out what I can buy that I will be able to share, the response was to access the movie or tv show at their website. If it shows UV compatible, that's only time you should buy if you intend to share.
Old 09-21-16, 10:28 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDGamer
I bought 'The Night Manager' series from Vudu with intent only to share it since I've seen the series. So was disappointed that you cannot share this.
The Night Manager is now UV-compatible. So you should be able to share it.

I own it. And it transferred over to my brother's account on Sept. 9th.
Old 09-21-16, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

A lot of television content that hasn't hit Blu-ray is not UV. If there is no corresponding BD release, many shows can't be shared using UV.
Old 07-27-17, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm having a similar issue I believe.

My friend shared his library with me, I guess can you can share with up to 5 people? But through VUDU, I accepted, but it said my VUDU account is linked to his UltraViolet library, and the screen where I could see before about sharing my library is gone. Do I have to do something so we're just both sharing our VUDU libraries, and how can I share my library with 3-4 other people?