Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

2016 Fall Simulcasts

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

2016 Fall Simulcasts

Old 08-31-16, 08:34 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
2016 Fall Simulcasts

The Fall 2016 chart is available:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...16-anime-chart

I'm definitely looking forward to another season of Natsume's Book of Friends. That's one of my all-time favorite shows.

I'm also interested in Sangatsu no Lion (March Comes in Like a Lion). Shaft usually puts out good stuff.

Sound! Euphonium is coming back for another season. I still have to watch the first one.

Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari (Poco's Udon World) might be good. Looks like a slow-paced slice of life show, kinda similar to Barakamon.

The Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice) movie comes out on Sept 17th. The manga was amazing. KyoAni is doing the film and the trailer looks beautiful. Time to stock up on tissues. I hope it gets licensed for a US release.
Old 08-31-16, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: 2016 Fall Simulcasts

• Drifters (from the creator of Hellsing / Hellsing Ultimate)
  • Ajin S2
  • Occultic;Nine

These are the only three I'm really looking forward to this Fall. I'll probably tune in Gundam IBO S2, but I'm not that hyped about it after most of S1 being filler-ish type padding that didn't do it for me. Overall this Fall is a weak season for Anime in comparison to the Summer season which has been the strongest season this year.

I like this site for charts though: http://anichart.net/fall as it lets you hide those you're not interested in (via marking red), as well as letting you mark others yellow or green depending on your interest and such... It even gives you a weekly calendar located here: http://anichart.net/airing so you can keep up with what shows are airing what days and when, although I have this feature at other places like my own coded local calendar and trakt.tv

All Crunchyroll did was chop/splice up neregates chart which is typically not very accurate (in past seasons it's listed stuff that didn't air that season and such...)
Old 08-31-16, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ajin Season 2 is now on Crunchyroll, not Netflix?

Not sure what to watch this season. I only watched few summer simulcasts (RE:Zero, Berserk, Amanchu!, and Alderamin of the Sky)

I probably will watch Ajin season 2, and Yowamushi Pedal: Spare Bike... But rest will be trail watch and see if I like or not.

Last edited by McHawkson; 08-31-16 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-31-16, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by McHawkson
Ajin Season 2 is now on Crunchyroll, not Netflix?

Not sure what to watch this season. I only watched few summer simulcasts (RE:Zero, Berserk, Amanchu!, and Alderamin of the Sky)

I probably will watch Ajin season 2, and Yowamushi Pedal: Spare Bike... But rest will be trail watch and see if I like or not.
Nah, Ajin is still on Netflix most likely. This list in no way represents what Crunchyroll is actually doing. Crunchyroll won't announce their actual line up until a few days before the season. They just cut up Neregates seasonal chart which lists everything premiering this season is all. Doesn't mean Crunchyroll has it, doesn't even mean it'll all be Simulcast either.
Old 09-01-16, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

In for the third season of Haikyu!!
Old 09-01-16, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Koby
Nah, Ajin is still on Netflix most likely. This list in no way represents what Crunchyroll is actually doing. Crunchyroll won't announce their actual line up until a few days before the season. They just cut up Neregates seasonal chart which lists everything premiering this season is all. Doesn't mean Crunchyroll has it, doesn't even mean it'll all be Simulcast either.
I see... I quickly assumed that it would show on Crunchyroll since the list is from their website. They could at least add "show on [insert what network]."
Old 09-01-16, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by McHawkson
I see... I quickly assumed that it would show on Crunchyroll since the list is from their website. They could at least add "show on [insert what network]."
The 'chart' is actually just taken and chopped up from Neregate located here: https://neregate.com/blog/2016/07/30/fall-2016-anime/
Old 10-08-16, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So far I a going to watch Keijo!!!!!!!!, ViVid Strike!, My Wife is the Student Council President+!, and Gi(a)rlish Number.

I will give Flip Flappers another episode.

I still have animes to try, I could add more.

Last edited by chrisc31; 10-08-16 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-08-16, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by chrisc31
I still have animes to try, I could add more.
Have you watched Natsume's Book of Friends? It's one of the best shows I've seen. I highly recommend it.
Old 11-08-16, 01:10 AM

So we're about halfway through the season. Is there anything that's really good? Hopefully some sleeper hit that I've missed?

The only shows I'm watching right now are Natsume's Book of Friends, March Comes in Like a Lion, Scorching Ping Pong Girls, and Poco's Udon World. I like the first 3 shows. but I'm disappointed by Poco. I was hoping it would be similar to Barakamon.
Old 11-08-16, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
So we're about halfway through the season. Is there anything that's really good? Hopefully some sleeper hit that I've missed?

The only shows I'm watching right now are Natsume's Book of Friends, March Comes in Like a Lion, Scorching Ping Pong Girls, and Poco's Udon World. I like the first 3 shows. but I'm disappointed by Poco. I was hoping it would be similar to Barakamon.
I'm liking Bloodivores. It's a Chinese-Japanese collaboration anime (like Hitori no Shita: The Outcast of last season). It's on Crunchyroll.

Drifters just started being SimulDubbed on FUNimation this last Sunday, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. It's by the same person who created Hellsing / Hellsing Ultimate and it has very similar artwork to the latter.

Izetta, The Last Witch has been pretty good so far imo as well, but as I'm watching FUNimation's SimulDub; I'm only 3 episodes into it.