View Single Post
Old 07-15-16, 09:48 AM   #80
Kedrix
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: NES Classic Edition (30 games; 60 bucks; 11/11/2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob V View Post

The more I think about this mini NES, the more I realize Nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot. There are so many classic games that could be leveraged via expansion or a larger initial library and charge more... but instead we get 30 and the only way to get, say, 60 or 120 or 240 games is to buy another mini NES that may or may not ever exist? Dumb. I'd love to see NES wrestling, track and field, etc and would gladly pay double for this system if it was all inclusive.
I agree. Rights, smights....Nintendo is missing the boat to understanding what they really have. Will people buy this? ABSOLUTELY. Probably in droves, because of the Nintendo name. But they could set themselves up for a while if they just went beyond the tiny little box. Think about it...add the Virtual Console service, include wifi, open it up to DEVELOPERS. I get that its Nintendo, this is nothing new, but think about the implications. But people will buy their little console and play it for 3-6 months just like the Wii and then it will collect dust. Guaranteed.
Yes, I have my own webpage - @ Kedrix.net
Personal VUDU M2D Page -->http://www.kedrix.net/vudu-mobile-d2d/