Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sausage Party (2016) - Seth Rogan & Evan Goldberg, R-rated Animation

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-15-14, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sony Pictures Entertainment and Annapurna Pictures will partner on what is expected to be an R-rated animated film titled Sausage Party, written by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg & Kyle Hunter & Ariel Shaffir, from a story by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg & Jonah Hill, to be directed by Conrad Vernon (Shrek 2, Monsters vs. Aliens, Madagascar 3) & Greg Tiernan, it was announced today by Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, and Hannah Minghella, president of Production for the studio, and by Megan Ellison. Annapurna Pictures and Point Grey Pictures are producing.

After Point Grey and Annapurna packaged the film and presented it to the studio, Sony agreed to co-finance it with Annapurna. The film will be produced by Megan Ellison, Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and Conrad Vernon. The executive producers are Jonah Hill, James Weaver, Kyle Hunter, and Ariel Shaffir. Nitrogen Studios Canada Inc., in Vancouver, will handle all CG animation, design, production and post-production. Sony Pictures will release the film worldwide and the studio is eyeing a release date in 2015.

Sausage Party is a raunchy animated movie about one sausage’s quest to discover the truth about his existence. After falling out of a shopping cart, our hero sausage and his new friends embark on a perilous journey through the supermarket to get back to their aisles before the 4th of July sale.

Commenting on the announcement, Minghella said, “We’re thrilled to be back in business with Seth and Evan. This project has all the irreverent, insightful and risqué R-rated humor we have come to expect from them. Matching their unique comic sensibility with an animated film is a fun and inspired idea. We are confident Seth, Evan, Conrad and Greg will deliver one of the most memorable animated movies of all time.”

Rogen and Goldberg most recently wrote and directed the $100 million hit Sony Pictures comedy This Is The End and are currently working on upcoming films The Interview (also for Sony Pictures) and The Neighbors.

Andrea Giannetti will oversee the project for the studio along with Minghella. David Distenfeld will oversee the project for Annapurna.

From Seth Rogen's Facebook:

We started making our R rated, animated movie "Sausage Party." I think it may be some of out craziest work yet. I can't show anything from it yet, but our animators filmed us watching the rough animation from one of the scenes... and we found it pretty entertaining. Enjoy:

Video Link
Old 01-15-14, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Sausage Party (2015) - Seth Rogan & Evan Goldberg, R-rated Animation

The video was good for awhile.

And then Rogan's fucking laugh got on my nerves and I had to turn it off.

And then I died.
Old 01-16-14, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm sure its obvious but i didn't see in the announcement if its a CG animated or not?

Also, when the article mentions those that will 'oversee the project for the studio' i assume that means they'll just make sure Seth & Evan aren't fucking around
Old 01-16-14, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
i'm sure its obvious but i didn't see in the announcement if its a CG animated or not?

Also, when the article mentions those that will 'oversee the project for the studio' i assume that means they'll just make sure Seth & Evan aren't fucking around
Looks like it is CG.

Goldberg describes it as an “existential mock-Pixar movie.” He adds, “we are very, very proud of it. Its our opus. Its like Mr. Holland’s Opus! It’s our take on a Pixar movie. It is very, very R rated.” Don’t let his sentiment fool you, however, as he says, “I wish there were fifty Pixar movies every year. But listen, someone should take those motherf-ckers down a notch. Those high and mighty bastards. We’re mocking all animated movies, with a special eye on Pixar.”
Old 01-16-14, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Skinny Legs and All?
Old 01-29-14, 01:48 PM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

Edward Norton, Michael Cera, Nick Kroll and David Krumholtz will also lend their voices to the raunchy animated comedy

The gang behind “This Is the End” is getting back together again, as the comedic quintet of Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Michael Cera and David Krumholtz will lead the voice cast of the raunchy animated movie “Sausage Party” along with Kristen Wiig, Edward Norton and Nick Kroll, TheWrap has learned.

Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan are directing the R-rated animated comedy for Sony Pictures and Annapurna Pictures. Rogen and Evan Goldberg wrote the script with Kyle Hunter and Ariel Shaffir.

Annapurna’s Megan Ellison will produce with Rogen and Goldberg’s Point Grey Pictures, as well as Vernon. Point Grey’s James Weaver will executive produce with Hill, Hunter and Shaffir.

“Sausage Party” follows one heroic piece of meat’s quest to discover the truth about his existence. After falling out of a shopping cart, the sausage protagonist teams up with some new friends to embark on a perilous journey through the supermarket and return to their aisles before the Fourth of July sale.

The Point Grey principals packaged the project before presenting it to Sony, which subsequently agreed to co-finance the film with Annapurna. Hannah Minghella and Andrea Giannetti will oversee “Sausage Party” for Sony, while David Distenfeld will oversee the project for Annapurna.

Vancouver-based Nitrogen Studios Canada will handle all CG animation, design, production and post-production on the film, which Sony will release in 2015.

The eight actors comprise a hilarious ensemble that should ensure the adult audience shows up to support an animated movie in theaters.

WME reps Hill and Kroll, who are respectively managed by LBI Entertainment and Mosaic. UTA reps Rogen and Wiig, who are respectively managed by Principal Entertainment LA and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment. UTA also represents Norton, who recently followed agent Brian Swardstrom from WME. Cera is repped by ICM Partners and Thruline Entertainment, while Krumholtz is repped by the Gersh Agency and Untitled Entertainment. Franco is represented by CAA.
Old 01-29-14, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ed Norton? Alright. This just got better.
Old 05-29-14, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Paul Rudd, Danny McBride, Anders Holm Join ‘Sausage Party’ Voice Cast

Paul Rudd, Danny McBride and “Workaholics” star Anders Holm have joined the voice cast of Sony and Annapurna Pictures’ animated movie “Sausage Party,” which will hit theaters on June 3, 2016, the companies announced Thursday.

Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan are directing from a script that Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg wrote along with Kyle Hunter and Ariel Shaffir, based on a story by Rogen, Goldberg and Jonah Hill.

Rudd, McBride and Holm join a hilarious ensemble that also features Rogen, Hill, Kristen Wiig, Salma Hayek, Edward Norton, David Krumholtz, Nick Kroll, Michael Cera, James Franco, Craig Robinson and Bill Hader.
Old 05-29-14, 04:46 PM
Banned

Jesus. That's a crazy cast.
Old 05-29-14, 06:49 PM
Suspended

Paul Rudd must be joining because Ant-Man is on hold until they find a director or cancel the project.
Old 05-29-14, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Seth Rogan's laughter is one thing, but when he catches his breathe, he sounds like he's asthmatic.
Old 05-29-14, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
Seth Rogan's laughter is one thing, but when he catches his breathe, he sounds like he's asthmatic.
Rogen's laugh didn't bother me, it was the douchebag in the white t-shirt who completely overreacted for the camera.
Old 05-29-14, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe
Paul Rudd must be joining because Ant-Man is on hold until they find a director or cancel the project.
Doesn't voice acting in a lot of cases only take a few days?
Old 05-29-14, 11:28 PM
Banned

I'm pretty sure Rudd has time to do this.
Old 05-30-14, 08:35 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
Seth in general is one actor that makes me want to barf. [i.e, overrated]
Old 03-02-16, 08:51 AM

Re: Sausage Party (2016) - Seth Rogan & Evan Goldberg, R-rated Animation

Sony has released the first image from SAUSAGE PARTY, and it's also been announced that a work-in-progress cut of the R-rated animated flick will screen at this year's SXSW ahead of its August theatrical release. Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan co-directed the comedy from a script by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, with Kyle Hunter and Ariel Shaffir also contributing.

The movie boasts a cast that includes frequent Rogen and Goldberg collaborators James Franco, Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, Michael Cera, Bill Hader and Danny McBride, and Edward Norton and Salma Hayek also lent their voices to the project. Last year Rogen said the film, which will feature original music by Oscar-winning composer Alan Menken (BEAUTY AND THE BEAST), is "really, really, really dirty, but it looks like a Pixar movie."

Synopsis:

Sausage Party is a raunchy animated movie about one sausage’s quest to discover the truth about his existence. After falling out of a shopping cart, our hero sausage and his new friends embark on a perilous journey through the supermarket to get back to their aisles before the 4th of July sale.

SAUSAGE PARTY will be in theaters on August 12, 2016.
Old 03-02-16, 12:52 PM
Banned

Nice.
Old 03-02-16, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts

This might be amusing.
Old 03-02-16, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
This might be amusing if I'm high enough.
Fixed that for ya.
Old 03-02-16, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws
Fixed that for ya.
I have always wondered what it would be like if Pixar made an R-rated. This movie may be the answer.
Old 03-15-16, 05:39 AM

Old 03-15-16, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Wow. What the actual fuck?

The early reviews were really strong from the SXSW screening, apparently starts out Pixar and ends up Von Trier.

Last edited by RichC2; 03-15-16 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-15-16, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Amazing trailer. Its been some time since I've been stoked for a Seth Rogan movie. Officially stoked.
Old 03-15-16, 06:43 AM

Yea... I laughed quite a few times at the trailer.
Old 03-15-16, 09:27 AM
Banned

It's the type of goddamn animated film I've fucking waited to experience since I don't fucking know.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.