Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Vikings (History) -- Season 4 Discussion Thread -- premieres 2/18/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-18-16, 07:35 AM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

HISTORY's hit drama series "Vikings" returns for a gripping fourth season led by Travis Fimmel, star of the upcoming film Warcraft, on Thursday, February 18 at 10 p.m. ET. The network has added four episodes to its initial 16 episode order. Beginning February 18, a new episode will air every Thursday for ten weeks with the remaining episodes to air later in the year. Season three culminated with the extraordinary battle in Paris, where Ragnar (Fimmel) seized victory from the jaws of defeat - but still returns to Kattegat dangerously ill. Thoughts of his death galvanize the forces who seek to succeed him as king, including his wife Queen Aslaug (Alyssa Sutherland) and his oldest son, Bjorn (Alexander Ludwig). Meanwhile, Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick) continues power struggles with her calculating, former second in command, Kalf (Ben Robson); Rollo (Clive Standen) betrays his Vikings heritage by remaining in Frankia and Floki (Gustaf Skarsgård) is seized for his brutal actions to the Christian priest Athelstan. Joining the stellar cast this season is Peter Franzén (The Gunman) as "King Harold Finehair," a complex character who seeks to be King of Norway and a potential threat to Ragnar; Jasper Pääkkönen (Jet Trash) as "Halfdan The Black," King Harold's violent younger brother; and Dianne Doan ("Descendants") as "Yidu," a completely different character within the world of the Vikings who fascinates Ragnar. "Vikings" is the critically acclaimed series from creator and sole writer Michael Hirst (Academy Award(R) winning film Elizabeth and the Emmy(R) and Golden Globe(R) nominated series "The Tudors") and is a family saga that tells the remarkable tales of the lives and epic adventures of the raiders and explorers of the Dark Ages.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Clive Standen as Rollo
· Gabriel Byrne as Earl Haraldson
· George Blagden as Athelstan
· Gustaf Skarsgard as Floki
· Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy
· Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha
· Travis Fimmel as Ragnar Lothbrok

CREW INFORMATION:
· Alan Gasmer as EP
· Dirk Hoogstra as EIP (History)
· James Flynn as EP
· Johan Renck as DIR
· John Weber as EP
· Julian P. Hobbs as EIP (History)
· Ken Girotti as DIR
· Michael Hirst as CRTR/EP
· Morgan O'Sullivan as EP
· Sheila Hockin as EP
· Sherry Marsh as EP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/awhQVB7SB2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
20 episode season. 10 will air now, 10 later on in the year.
Old 02-18-16, 06:54 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Vikings (History) -- Season 4 Discussion Thread -- premieres 2/18/15

20? imdb has 16 listed. Either way, the biggest season yet! I'm fucking hyped for this.
Old 02-18-16, 07:00 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
20? imdb has 16 listed. Either way, the biggest season yet! I'm fucking hyped for this.
It was originally 16 and then History ordered 4 more to make it a 10/10 split.
Old 02-18-16, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Hadn't heard there would be 20 episodes. Very happy to know that. 42 weeks with no episodes was always far too long.
Old 02-18-16, 10:09 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Fuck, Rollo is one major asshole.
Old 02-19-16, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The awesome continues. People can't just talk over their problems. They have to surprise attack each other.

Rollo doesn't rape his wife. Cool what a nice guy.
Rollo murders all his people, including the half that was still with him. Damn, what a jerk.

Bjorn is the best big brother around.
Bjorn is the worse father ever.

Lagertha will cut off your balls if you mess with her.
Lagertha will bathe in your blood and walk around in it not giving a F. She is so hot.

Loki stop asking your wife to do dumb stuff. Your wife isn't as dumb as you.
Loki stop asking Ragnar to kill you. Kings don't take orders.
Old 02-19-16, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to have this show back.

You have to think this betrayal by Rollo might be a problem.. then again he got past the last one! I wonder if there is another blood eagle coming for him or someone this season.

What is up with tension between Ragnar and his wife - did I miss something? Is she being cold because of the wanderer and what I assume will eventually be a bastard child?
EDIT - or is it because of the scene with the seer and her realizing Lagertha or someone else may end up being Queen?

Last edited by wirefan; 02-19-16 at 01:44 AM.
Old 02-19-16, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wirefan
What is up with tension between Ragnar and his wife - did I miss something? Is she being cold because of the wanderer and what I assume will eventually be a bastard child?
EDIT - or is it because of the scene with the seer and her realizing Lagertha or someone else may end up being Queen?
While Ragnar was away she (Aslaug) was cheating on him with the wanderer (the one who helped with the deformed kid Ivar) when two of his kids broke through ice and nearly drowned, but Siggy died saving them. Ragnar asks her why she wasn't watching the kids and even though she doesn't admit it he pretty much knows what she was up to instead. Since then their relationship has been strained to put it kindly.
Old 02-19-16, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Lagertha will cut off your balls if you mess with her.
Lagertha will bathe in your blood and walk around in it not giving a F. She is so hot.
Lagertha is so teh hot despite giving the world's worst handie.
Old 02-19-16, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
While Ragnar was away she (Aslaug) was cheating on him with the wanderer (the one who helped with the deformed kid Ivar) when two of his kids broke through ice and nearly drowned, but Siggy died saving them. Ragnar asks her why she wasn't watching the kids and even though she doesn't admit it he pretty much knows what she was up to instead. Since then their relationship has been strained to put it kindly.
Thanks... forgot about the kids thing with the wanderer - that makes much more sense.
Old 02-19-16, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Crossbows rule.
Old 02-23-16, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess their overnight shipment of crossbows must've been delayed, as it looks like the Franc's should've easily wiped out all the vikings last season with ease.
Old 03-05-16, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Really not a fan of this season so far. It's a bunch of different stories randomly strung together.
Old 03-05-16, 10:30 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

yep, agreed. not really holding my attention at all... often find myself zoning out on my phone during an episode.
Old 03-05-16, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been enjoying the hell out of this season, though I admit there is an awful lot going on. More happens in an episode of this show than perhaps any other show I have seen. It is densely packed and all extremely well done IMO. And Bjorn son of Lagertha and Ragnar indeed. And Ubbe is starting to look like he could end up making Björn look like a sissy.
Old 03-05-16, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I've been losing interest in Vikings the past season. It seems so far removed from the show it was in those first couple of seasons. The stuff between Rollo and his wife is getting repetitive and boring.

I think The Last Kingdom improved upon Vikings' basic formula. That is a show I would recommend to any fan of this show.
Old 03-10-16, 11:11 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts

I've given up trying to figure out how time passes in this world. Rollo goes from acting like he has a learning disabilty last week to being fluent in French this week, and Bjorn travels all of Norway in 15 minutes.

I wish they'd just kill off Aslaug and Kelf and just put Ragnar and Lagertha back together.
Old 03-10-16, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 273 Likes on 176 Posts

I haven't started this season yet, but I finally finished the other 3. I started watching last summer and have been slowly making my way through the seasons. Finally, sorta caught up.

Random thoughts:

I like the actor who plays Ragnar, he has good charisma and screen presence.

I miss Ziggy, was bummed that she was killed off. I think she was the hottest woman on the cast. Simply gorgeous. Lagertha is pretty attractive too though (as is the daughter in law of the King of Wessex). Wish Lagertha and Ragnar would just get back together again.

I didn't care for Athelstan initially, but he grew on me and I was surprised they killed him off. I've never cared for Floki...especially that goofy laugh of his.

It's getting annoying seeing Rollo change sides so much, especially since I like the character...

I already mentioned the king of Wessex, I like the actor who plays him, however I kind of rolled my eyes at changing him from a villain, to an ally, back to a villain again. The change back to a villain seemingly was only to give the plot an antagonist again. There was really no reason for him to break his alliance with Ragnar.

Random, but whatever happened to Ragnar's daughter?

I have to admit I was alittle stunned to read that this season is 20 episodes (and that there will be an additional season after that). I think the show should be winding down, this should be the final season.
Old 03-11-16, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They are not good with time passing on this show. The only clue that a lot of time passed in the latest episode was Loki's hair.
Old 03-11-16, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Didn't Ragnar's gimp son also age years between episodes? This show has always played fast and loose with time, ignoring aging make-up and other markers that time has moved forward.
Old 03-11-16, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I still enjoy the show but this season seems to be limping along. I am glad that Floki is being pulled back into the fold to school young Ivar as he's my favorite character by far. Not sure what to make of the shroom fest in Ragnar's secret menagerie.
Old 03-15-16, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not sure who's decision it was to have more fantasy & magic in this show then Game of Thrones, but it was a bad idea. Had they pulled this stuff the first season I'd have bailed on it, but now I'm invested so I'm sorta just eye-rolling my way through it.
Old 03-16-16, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think they didn't have much of a plan beyond seasons one and two, making it up as they go along since that point.
Old 03-16-16, 08:56 AM

I don't care much about the direction they're taking this year. Rolo traitor V2, been there done that. Floki vs. Ragnar, Ragnar and Aslaug feuding, everything in France etc. At this point the only thing I'm enjoying this season is that they seem to want to give Bjorn something to do and even then it hasn't been all that great.
Old 03-16-16, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The only thing I like less than the Bjorn stuff is the France stuff. I don't see any point going in depth on either of these things.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.