Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Is there anything inside Warner/New Line snapcase DVDs besides the chapter insert?

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Is there anything inside Warner/New Line snapcase DVDs besides the chapter insert?

Old 01-14-16, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anything inside Warner/New Line snapcase DVDs besides the chapter insert? I'm asking this because I once saw a Warner Home Video/New Line Home Video catalog at my grandpa's house.
Old 01-14-16, 07:14 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
Re: Is there anything inside Warner/New Line snapcase DVDs besides the chapter insert

Some had catalogs.
Old 01-14-16, 07:21 PM

Re: Is there anything inside Warner/New Line snapcase DVDs besides the chapter insert

What movies had catalogs??
Old 01-15-16, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by bella524
What movies had catalogs??
My memory isn't nearly that good! Ask Alan.
Old 01-15-16, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
My memory isn't nearly that good! Ask Alan.
Who is Alan, and what is his profile name?
Old 01-15-16, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Just to be clear, we're talking about the ancient snapcases with the cardboard cover, right? Because many of those didn't have inserts because they had the chapter lists printed on the inside cover. I just checked my copy of Devil's Advocate, and it had the chapter list on the inside cover and a WB catalog stuffed inside.
Old 01-15-16, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777
Just to be clear, we're talking about the ancient snapcases with the cardboard cover, right? Because many of those didn't have inserts because they had the chapter lists printed on the inside cover. I just checked my copy of Devil's Advocate, and it had the chapter list on the inside cover and a WB catalog stuffed inside.
Picture, please??
Old 01-15-16, 10:47 AM

I checked EVERY DVD copy of Devil's Advocate on eBay, and none of them have the catalog. Maybe you can send the catalog to me.

Last edited by Giles; 01-18-16 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-17-16, 10:28 PM

Went thru some my old snapper cases for you, Gremlins had what I would call a catalog. It's a offer to get a Free DVD Movie (Buy 5 get one for free), that has a list of other Warner Brothers, New Line, and HBO Home Video titles. You had to cutout the Proof Of Purchase of five movies from the list, and mail it in with $1.79. It expired on 3/31/01.
Old 01-18-16, 08:20 AM

Kelsey, probably not a good idea to post your address on the Internet.
Old 01-18-16, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 461 Likes on 275 Posts

Is there anything inside Warner/New Line snapcase DVDs besides the chapter insert? I'm asking this because I once saw a Warner Home Video/New Line Home Video catalog at my grandpa's house.
Picture, please??
Here's a few pics (gave me a chance to try out the scanner that I've never used on the printer I got a few months back).

I knew I had one catalog loose in my DVD closet, and when I went to get it I looked through a few more snapper cases. Here's what I found:

This first one is just a one page insert I found in L.A. Confidential (Package design is copyrighted 1998).

The second one is the loose catalog I had (so I don't know which DVD it was packaged with). The free DVD offer expired on 1/31/2000.

This last one is the one bobert3 mentioned (with the free DVD offer expiring on 3/31/01). I found this one inside The Maltese Falcon (Package artwork copyright 2000).

Hope this helps you identify the one you saw.

Last edited by Dimension X; 01-18-16 at 03:59 PM. Reason: corrected date on third pic
Old 01-24-16, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts

There was one earlier "catalog" before that silver one, I'll have to post pictures when I'm more awake. Only the very first Warner titles had that region code map. The first MGM DVDs that were in snapper cases had their own catalog too. Discs from Image had a sheet explaining the different sound formats on DVDs. The first Warner DVDs all had that silver sticker on the front with a list of special features like "Interactive Menus" and "Production Notes"- I cut out and saved all of those, will try to scan some of those too. When that "buy 4 get one free" offer was out, I got the forms and proof-of-purchase tabs from the cases that were in rental stores, as I didn't want to mess up my own
Old 01-24-16, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
There was one earlier "catalog" before that silver one, I'll have to post pictures when I'm more awake. Only the very first Warner titles had that region code map. The first MGM DVDs that were in snapper cases had their own catalog too. Discs from Image had a sheet explaining the different sound formats on DVDs. The first Warner DVDs all had that silver sticker on the front with a list of special features like "Interactive Menus" and "Production Notes"- I cut out and saved all of those, will try to scan some of those too. When that "buy 4 get one free" offer was out, I got the forms and proof-of-purchase tabs from the cases that were in rental stores, as I didn't want to mess up my own
Alan, may you please the pictures for me?? Thanks.
Old 02-04-16, 04:31 PM

Alan, may you please post the pictures on this thread? Thanks.
Old 02-04-16, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 461 Likes on 275 Posts

Alan, may you please post the pictures on this thread? Thanks.
Give him time. It's only been a week and a half.

While you're waiting, take a week or two to read this thread.
Old 03-21-16, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

The Devil's Advocate

Old 03-30-16, 10:42 AM

The Devil's Advocate
My dad ordered me a copy of this movie, and it has the same exact catalog.
Old 04-23-16, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts

Sealed snapper-case with the WB "hype sticker": http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prince-Purpl...YAAOSwkEVXGVDb
Old 05-23-16, 01:42 PM

The catalog I saw at my grandpa's house was black, and it had the Warner Home Video, New Line Home Video, and the HBO Home Video logos. Have you seen that catalog, and will you take a picture of that catalog, if you have that one?