The First Annual DVDTalk TBD Comic Book Challenge - April 2015

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Old 03-30-15, 01:24 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 669 Likes on 448 Posts

Avengers Month

So, for now, Aprils are going to be used for things that we might not want to do every year, but seem like a good idea for a one-off monthly reading challenge. So "to be determined" seemed to fit, hope you like the terminology. It sort of fits with our monthly media Challenge, which is for off-the-beaten-path cult or "B" movies. This monthly idea could change for future years of course, like anything decided upon by humans. An annual movie blockbuster or "big event" Challenge could be the answer for Aprils as well.

This April, we're going to "prepare" for the forthcoming blockbuster Avengers sequel by cramming our minds with Avengers comic books.

The focus probably should be on the core team book and particularly any Ultron storylines; but, as always, we'll be ultra-inclusive and allow any book featuring even a single Avenger to be counted. Obviously, with a team as long standing and diverse as the Avengers, this opens it up to almost every super-hero book Marvel has ever created. But let your conscious be your guide, and enjoy!

This Challenge will begin at sunset on March 31st and end at sunrise on May 1st.

For cross-Challenge double counting purposes, any DC crossovers featuring an Avenger will count for anything read on March 31st or April 1st. It used to be just sunrise to sunset, but I thought perhaps we could expand it a bit, so as to discourage skipping sleep for silly Challenge minutiae. May is Make-Your-Own, so depending on your topic, you could have double credit items at that time as well.

For non-Marvel content, the only things I can think of would be any Avengers parody books done by other companies, or the above DC crossovers during that brief period.

This line intentionally left incompl

Last edited by Trevor; 03-30-15 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-30-15, 01:31 PM

re: The First Annual DVDTalk TBD Comic Book Challenge - April 2015

My list, hopefully I'll start with JLA/Avengers.
Spoiler:

12 - JLA/Avengers Collector's Edition
- Avengers/JLA Compendium
02 - Iron Man (2012)
- Avengers (1963+) 1-20

Last edited by Trevor; 07-12-15 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-30-15, 04:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Total Issues Read: 13

My list:
Spoiler:

April 4
1. Avengers (1998) 1-2

April 8
2. Avengers (1998) 3-5

April 12
3. Avengers (1998) 6-7
4. Iron Man (1998) 7
5. Captain America (1998) 8
6. Quicksilver (1998) 10

April 18
7. Avengers/Squadron Supreme Annual '98
8. Avengers (1998) 8-9

Last edited by malazar; 04-18-15 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-30-15, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

April 30
Thor 131. My weakest challenge month by far, other than the holiday month where I didn't really try.

Total issues read: 57

Spoiler:
April 1
Daredevil (Waid run Vol 2) 14

April 2
Captain America (Brubaker's second run) 6-8

April 3
Captain America (Brubaker's second run) 9-14
Captain America Vol. 1 328

April 4
Captain America (Brubaker's second run) 15-19
Avengers Forever 1-3. Kurt Busiek's Avengers material strikes me as oddly dated compared to other comics from the late 90s. His other stuff from that time doesn't feel the same (especially Astro City).
Batman Captain America. About half of the issue, since it's long, I'm going to end up counting it as 2 issues when I finish it tomorrow.

April 5
Avengers Forever 4-6
Batman Captain America. Second half

April 6-7

Avengers The Origin 1-2. I got this book for winning a trivia contest a few years back and it was signed by Phil Noto.

April 8

Avengers The Origin 3-4. I'm not crazy about this series. If it weren't for that fact that my copy is signed I might sell it.

April 9

Avengers The Origin 5. I was drunk and tired when I finished this, but I'm pretty sure sober and awake wouldn't have helped things.

April 11

Avengers Forever 7-8

April 12

Avengers 1, the original Stan & Jack comic. Um, not so good even by Silver Age standards. But I will be sad if we don't get a clown Hulk vs. Ant-Man fight in a movie some day.

April 13-16

Superior Spider-Man 27-29

April 17

Thor (Stan & Jack version) 128-130

April 18

Superior Spider-Man 30-33 (31 was double size, counting that as 2)
Black Widow 1 (Phil Noto series)

April 19
Avengers Forever 9-10

April 22
Induestructible Hulk 20
Hulk (2014) 1
Spider-Man Dock Ock: Negative Exposure 1-2. I bought this tpb a few years back for $2. It's written by Brian K Vaughan.

Hulk (2014) 2-4
Spider-Man Dock Ock: Negative Exposure 3-5

April 25
Avengers Forever 11-12

Last edited by majorjoe23; 04-30-15 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-30-15, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

4/4
Avengers (1963) 1-5 (Avengers Epic Collection: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

4/8
Avengers (1963) 6, 7* (Avengers Epic Collection: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

4/13
Avengers (1963) 8-24 (Essential Avengers vol. 1)

4/15
Fantastic Four* (Epic Collection Into the Timestream)

4/26
Hawkeye 1-11* (Hawkeye HC vol. 1)
New Avengers #6* (Hawkeye HC vol. 1)
Avengers #115 (Avengers Defenders War)
Defenders #8 (Avengers Defenders War)

Last edited by davidh777; 04-30-15 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-31-15, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im ready to Avenge some impulsive buying purchases!

1. Avengers v1 1
2. Avengers v1 1.5
3. Avengers v1 2
0. Convergence 0
0. Uncanny Inhumans 0
4. Avengers: Rage of Utron
5. Avengers v1 3
6. Avengers v1 4
7. Avengers v1 5

Last edited by terrycloth; 04-03-15 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-01-15, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by terrycloth
Im ready to Avenge some impulsive buying purchases!
Old 04-01-15, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Spoiler:

May 1
Wolverine and the X-men Annual [Infinity]

April 30
Fearless Defenders #10 [Infinity] meh, introduces a new character - nice exploit of the core events.
Secret Avengers #10-11 [Infinity] gritty isolated arc with some commentary about superheros; nice.
Avengers Assemble #19-20 [Infinity] Avengers Assemble 19 and Captain Marvel tie in tightly together giving a unique focus on the characters even if CM is not varied enough from the main series. AA 20 is a standout, nicely building on events from Infinity to tell a creative and fun story.
Infinity: Against the Tide #2 [Infinity] cool to see the Silver Surfer in action and this helps establish Infinity's threat but is mostly disposable.
Avengers 16-23 [Infinity]
New Avengers 10-12 [Infinity] I'm enjoying how fluidly Avengers/NA tie into the core series
Infinity 2-6 [Infinity] nice focus on Inhumans, a lot of "political" intrigue. The middle of Infinity is really good but it peters out at the end; there's too many pieces and not all of them make sense so it feels anti-climatic despite all the build-up and the excellent middle section. The Earth invasion needed more flesh.
Mighty Avengers 1-3 [Infinity] fun street level Avengers stuff Cage is good at with a cool villain and nice defiant vibe with some humor, writer Al Ewing is earning my respect.
Thunderbolts #14-16 [Infinity] cartoonish but makes frantic use of the Infinity series
Captain Marvel #14-16 [Infinity] too closely re-tells events from the main series with slightly more casual tone but annoying repetitive.

April 29
Nova #8-9 [Infinity] the more I read it, the more I like the new Nova series... but it's barely an Infinity tie-in here.
Avengers Assemble #18 [Infinity]
Infinity: Against the Tide #1 [Infinity] not a fan of the overlong odd attempts at motion e-comics but it's nice to see a wider scope
New Avengers #8-9 [Infinity] nice view of the invasion
Avengers #15 [Infinity]

April 28
Infinity #1 [Infinity] set up; Thanos seems inconsistent with his earlier versions so far.
New Avengers #7 [Infinity] the Wakanda / Atlantis tension is nice but seems oddly sidelined by Infinity so far, it would make a nice focused story.
Avengers #12-14 [Infinity] continues to be mostly slow buildup.

April 27
Infinity: Free Comic Book Day [Infinity] disappointingly no new content
New Avengers (2013) #1-7 more direct and well paced than Avengers (2012) and seemingly am important precusor to the upcoming Secret Wars; issue 6 gets weaker (too much gravity for too obscure an event)... even if so much seems familiar with DC's Infinite Crisis, etc.

April 26
Avengers (2012) #10-11

April 25
Avengers (2012) #6-9

April 24
Avengers (2012) #1-5 surreal and well illustrated but not the story feels too loose

April 23
Avengers & X-men: Axis #7-9 [Axis]
Deadpool #38-39 [Axis] someone said these were "essential" tie-ins but while the setup is nice and 39 is a good epilogue answering some questions it wasn't as great as I'd hoped.

April 22
Axis: Revolutions #2-4 [Axis] fun but disposable short one shot stories
Avengers World #15-16 [Axis] nice action packed focus on minor heroes, would like to see more
Nova #24 [Axis] good material building for future cosmic run ins
Avengers & X-men: Axis #6 [Axis]

April 21
Amazing X-men #15 [Axis] makes effective use of Nightcrawler's history
Nova #23 [Axis] I enjoyed the new Nova, will have to pick up more of the series
Deadpool #37 [Axis] mostly Deadpool banter
Captain America & the Mighty Avengers #1, 3 [Axis] initially subtle the arc descends into the silliest of Axis twists; really dull
Axis: Hobgoblin #1-3 [Axis] meh, better as a Superior Spiderman epilogue - Ulrich seems surprisingly inconsistent but I'm not up to date.
Avengers & X-men: Axis #5 [Axis]

April 20 -
Deadpool #36 [Axis] cutesy funny but drives home in twist in Axis 3 with more clarity than the main event.
Axis: Carnage #1-3 [Axis] Carnage isn't 'deep' enough to carry an introspective character driven miniseries and so much just comes across as crass
Loki: Agent of Asgard #6-7 [Axis] slow banter filled stuff that I didn't "get" without much background on new Loki
Magneto #11-12 [Axis] I really like the Magneto focus with Axis stuff; it matches the character well.
Axis #2-4 [Axis] epic battle and nice to see the twist at issue 2 and entering 4.

April 19
Axis: Revelations #1 [Axis] not much of a revelation; humor centered one shot side events
Avengers & X-men: Axis #1 [Axis] starts with a bang
Magneto #10-11 [Axis; Uncanny Avengers crossover] good buildup to the event driven from Magneto's perspective.
Uncanny Avengers #18-25 seems to out "event" Age of Ultron with gripping action and crisis scope before closing with a nice epilogue setting up Axis.

April 18
Uncanny Avengers #11-17 epic scope is nice but still the Apocalypse Twin characters seem under-developed and awkward the plot drags feeling oddly paced until near issue 16, which is really awesome.

April 17
Captain America (2012) #13-25 builds well on prior material and doesn't pull any punches. The Iron Nail plot is weaker in some points but altogether nice... what a way to end the series. Altogether one of the best runs I've read in a while.

April 16
Captain America (2012) #1-12 fun scifi emphasis mixing in childhood origin material (some of which is awkward), Romita's has gotten much better; so of this is so far out it's hardly Captain America - but still fun.

April 15
Age of Ultron: AI #1AU[Age of Ultron] - stellar character study making the crappy Age of Ultron event semi-meaningful.
Fearless Defenders #4AU[Age of Ultron]
Uncanny Avengers #8AU[Age of Ultron] - builds on themes from the Uncanny Avengers series and works better as a companion to UA than AoU.
Avengers Assemble #15AU[Age of Ultron] - good focus on Captain Britain, Black Knight, etc - under utilized characters but uneventful. Overall Age of Ultron is too character driven with too direct a plot.
Wolverine and the X-men #26AU[Age of Ultron] - looks deeper into continuity stuff, fun but unessential.
Age of Ultron #4-10[Age of Ultron] - Showcasing alternate realities alone hardly seems like a story in itself; mostly just roaming around, gimmicky deaths, and seemingly nothing of importance. The ending seems low key but potentially "big."

April 14
Superior Spider-man #6AU[Age of Ultron] - SS seems like an interesting character, will need to check out more.
Ultron #1AU[Age of Ultron] - seems like more could have been done with the focus; nice Runaways homage.
Avengers Assemble #14AU[Age of Ultron] - meh, awkward backstory
Fantastic Four #5AU[Age of Ultron] - too melodramatic as a standalone but too disconnected from the core event.
Age of Ultron #1-3[Age of Ultron] - eye rolling level generic, post apocalyptic Marvel spin on Final Crisis / Terminator / etc etc... not very original or stand out (so far). The twist at the end of 3 is nice.
Avengers (2010) #12.1[Age of Ultron] - grand return of Ultron

April 13
Avengers Assemble #1-13 - really straight forward action fluff with a nice cosmic vibe. Trying to figure out Assemble's "place" in the multiple Avengers titles. Once DeConnick takes over (issue 9) from Bendis the series gets a lot better.

April 12
Uncanny Avengers #9-10

April 11
Uncanny Avengers #5-7 - sometimes confusing Remender does well at blending traditional plots and his own recent material; maybe too self referential at times.

April 10
Uncanny Avengers #1-4 - I love some of the plot but devices to get there seem weak.
A-babies Versus X-babies #1 [AvX] - why me?
Avengers Versus X-men: Consequences#1-5 [AvX] – does a good job of establishing a new status quo even if some parts feel forced.

April 9
Avengers#30 [AvX] - meh, disposable not really AvX related - Hawkeye centered
New Avengers#30 [AvX] - nice focus on Frost and Cage with some resolution.
Avengers Versus X-men: Infinite #10 [AvX] – nice appetizer as the event concludes.
Uncanny X-men #18-20 [AvX]
X-men Legacy #269-270 [AvX] – highlights on of the pivotal points in the crossover more clearly than the core series.
Avengers Versus X-men #7-11 [AvX] – more build-up, slow plot but action packed; moody for much of the run.
AvX: Versus #4+6 [AvX] – the Thor/Frost fight is the best one yet in this title; issue 6 is lame.
Wolverine and the X-men #12-16 [AvX] – nice inclusion of Sh'iar; showcasing the Jean Grey School is a nice contrast to all the action heroics of the series but at times feels irrelevant in the grand scheme.

April 8
New Avengers #25-29 [AvX] – odd focus on Iron Fist.
X-men Legacy #268 [AvX] – Frenzy specific tangent, moody but not bad.
Avengers Academy #32-33 [AvX] – a highlight among the tie-ins so far filled with vague morality; I need to check out more Avengers Academy.
Uncanny X-men #12-17 [AvX] - the Sinister arc is really surreal and fantastic, great stuff.
Wolverine & The X-men #10-11 [AvX] Nicely builds on Wolverine's motives, #11 is maybe the best single AvX issue so far; plus a fun fight. These flesh out the X-men with more depth; something that is so far lacking on the Avengers side (despite the awesome space epic of Secret Avengers).
Avengers Versus X-men: Infinite Comics #6 [AvX][u]Nice homage to the classic Phoenix material that gives Cyclops more depth.
Avengers Versus X-men #4-6 [AvX] – really wild plot, more extreme than I expected but still more X-men oriented.
AvX: Versus#2-3 & 5 the Versus issues are really lame, it highlights how with all the fighting no one gets seriously injured - like everyone is made of rubber. Issue 5 is borderline bad taste but more significant if unconvincingly resolving a long dangling plot hole from Civil War.
Avengers #25-29 [AvX] Fun Kree tangent building on Secret Avengers stuff but maybe too Kree focused immediately after SA visited the Kree role in the saga. Issue 29 is a highlight.

April 7
Avengers Versus X-men #2-3 [AvX]
AvX: Versus #1 [AvX] Filler action material with mostly just one liner "jokes," not great
Secret Avengers #26-28 [AvX] This is essential reading to the tie-in with focus on the space mission, plus a really epic classic character appearance.
Avengers Academy#29-31 [AvX] Adds a lot to the crossover by highlighting the "next generation" with cool homage to classic X-men
X-men Legacy #266-267 [AvX] Fluffy fight action, other than brilliantly showcasing Rogue seems disposable

April 6
New Avengers #24-25 [AvX] I wish the Avengers role was more fleshed out, too focused on Cage
Wolverine & The X-men #9 [AvX] Good focus on Wolverine's middle man status
Uncanny X-men (2011)#11 [AvX] Fun extended fight sequences
Avengers Versus X-men: Infinite Comics #1 [AvX] Filler that reprises part of issue 1
Avengers Versus X-men #0-1 [AvX] Epic start
Avengers: X-Sanction#1-4 [AvX prelude] Cable focused character action with an odd non-descriptive background. It's fun seeing the Avengers in danger but otherwise 'meh.'

April 5
Black Knight: Exodus #1 - really awkward convoluted back story shoehorning in a far fetched connection between two characters.
Avengers #369 [Bloodties Avengers/X-men crossover]
Uncanny X-men #307 [Bloodties Avengers/X-men crossover]
West Coast Avengers #101 [Bloodties Avengers/X-men crossover]
X-men (1991) #26 [Bloodties Avengers/X-men crossover] - I'm really enjoying the mid-90s material, which was when I was big into comic books.
Avengers (1963) #368 [Bloodties Avengers/X-men crossover] - I'm surprised by how continuity heavy this crossover is.

April 4
Avengers (1963) #9-10
Avengers: Season One - better written than the earlier stuff with a lot of action but doesn't seem to fit in with the early tone [because it is better]. [counting 110 pages as 3 issues]

April 3
Avengers (1963) #6-8

April 2
Avengers (1963) #4-5 - the Captain America issue is classic, the helpless flirty Wasp is unintentionally funny.

April 1
Avengers (1963) #1-3 - dated and narrative heavy.

Total Issues: 262

Last edited by Undeadcow; 05-01-15 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-01-15, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I grew up hating the avengers so I wanna sample older must read arcs. (pre 95 id say)

I read the first three issues of volume 1 and actually enjoyed the single character runs iv read more.

what are some key issues or story arcs that are required reading?
Old 04-03-15, 05:23 PM

I grew up hating the avengers so I wanna sample older must read arcs. (pre 95 id say)

I read the first three issues of volume 1 and actually enjoyed the single character runs iv read more.

I've never been much of an Avengers reader so I can't help I'm afraid.

Some of the more modern runs and limited series sound interesting, so I've been buying most of the Avengers digital sales the last couple years.

My plan is to read what I have in chronological order, but that's at least 200 books so I doubt I'll finish.

I broke my plan to read the first two issues of the 2012 Iron Man today, as they were free previously and I wanted to see if it was worth buying for the one day sale today. It was pretty decent, but I haven't decided if the bundle is worth it yet.
Old 04-03-15, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'd say the Kree-Skrull war is a good place to start. I can reread anything from the John Buscema period. There's also the Avengers-Defenders war and the celestial Madonna arc from the Bronze Age--both flawed and probably not required, but I like them.
Old 04-04-15, 08:38 AM

Wish we had corporate sponsors, a No-Prize would be perfect for this Challenge.
Old 04-04-15, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

For classic Avengers, The Korvac Saga is essential reading. It's in the 170s.

You also have to read a storyline with my favorite Avengers' villain, Kang the Conquerer. Check out the Celestial Madonna Saga from the early 130s.

I would recommend Avengers Forever for the truly diehard Avengers' fans, a 12-issue mini-series from the 1990s. Written by Kurt Busiek, it is superheavy on classic Avengers' continuity and involves virtually every Avenger.

Old 04-04-15, 04:58 PM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that Avengers Forever run.
Old 04-04-15, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

will look up the suggestions and check avengers forever and see if its on marvel unlimited.

taking a break today and watching batman vs. robin animated movie
Old 04-04-15, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

side note did anyone else read the rage of ultron? that came out this week? i enjoyed the story line between pym and the avengers in it
Old 04-04-15, 07:31 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I am getting a bit of a late start since I have been working non-stop this month so far, but I started reading the new Busiek/Perez omnibus that just came out. This period (1998) is actually a blind spot for me since it was between times when I was collecting/reading. There is plenty more where that came from if I manage to finish it this month.
Old 04-04-15, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I pulled out Avengers Annual #11 today and read it for this thread. The Defenders are one Marvel team I am less familiar with than the others. They always seemed like a lesser Avengers and I wasn't heavily interested in them despite liking most of the individual characters.

This self-contained story revolves around Nebulon, an old Defenders' foe. It is mostly an excuse to have the Defenders at the time (Silver Surfer, Beast, and a couple of true D-list heroes) square off against the Avengers in battle. The match-ups are interesting as Captain America battles the Beast, a former Avenger, and Iron Man takes on the Silver Surfer.

The true gem of this annual is a two-page, type-written Avengers Membership Manual. The writer goes into crazy levels of detail revealing the duties of active and reserve members. I don't remember reading it as a kid, I would have been blown away by it. I could only find an image of the included Charter.

Old 04-05-15, 01:08 PM

We should have had a wildcard that any zombie comic book counts today only.
Old 04-05-15, 10:28 PM

Re: The First Annual DVDTalk TBD Comic Book Challenge - April 2015

Well that was good timing, Comixology has Avengers 1-200 on sale, Monday only. Bundles allow one to get it all for about $150.
Old 04-06-15, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I pulled out Avengers Annual #11 today and read it for this thread. The Defenders are one Marvel team I am less familiar with than the others. They always seemed like a lesser Avengers and I wasn't heavily interested in them despite liking most of the individual characters.

This self-contained story revolves around Nebulon, an old Defenders' foe. It is mostly an excuse to have the Defenders at the time (Silver Surfer, Beast, and a couple of true D-list heroes) square off against the Avengers in battle. The match-ups are interesting as Captain America battles the Beast, a former Avenger, and Iron Man takes on the Silver Surfer.

The true gem of this annual is a two-page, type-written Avengers Membership Manual. The writer goes into crazy levels of detail revealing the duties of active and reserve members. I don't remember reading it as a kid, I would have been blown away by it. I could only find an image of the included Charter.

I always liked the Defenders, but that was in their early days and they had cool characters like Dr. Strange, the Silver Surfer, Sub-Mariner, and the Valkyrie . That first Avengers-Defenders war really put them on the map and had cool match-ups like Sub-Mariner vs. Captain America, Silver Surfer vs. the Vision and the Scarlet Witch, Iron Man vs. Hawkeye, and Thor vs. Hulk. I'd stopped reading by the time of this reprise that you mention.
Old 04-08-15, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I read Avengers #231. This is the period when Marvel had killed off their original Captain Marvel and decided to give the name to a completely unconnected character named Monica, a black woman with light powers. It never made much sense back then and it still doesn't make much sense.

They obviously decided to give her some credibility right off the bat by making her an "Avenger-in-training," whatever that means. The story is designed in a way to show off how important her powers are to the Avengers' success. I read her origin recently in Amazing Spider-Man annual #16. Her origin makes Spider-Man look like a horny stalker.

It's the type of issue we don't get anymore, a self-contained story about a villain kidnapping Nick Fury and Ronald Reagan together and ransoming them for the outrageous sum of $1 billion. They don't actually name Reagan as President but the artist pretty clearly draws him. The Avengers are led by the Wasp as chairwoman.
Old 04-08-15, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

On Saturday I was taking a bus downtown for the anime con and didn't want to kill my phone, so I figured it was a good time to take on the challenge. I toted my Avengers Epic Collection: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which I recently picked up from IST and got through... five issues. Granted I dozed off on the way in, but I still figured I'd get through more than that. I think they went slower than expected because the '60s stuff is so text-dense.

The tricky thing is that I'm going on vacation soon and need to bring some paperbacks that aren't too heavy and pack a lot of reading into their pages. This might have been a good candidate had I not already picked off the first five issues (though it's heavier than the Essentials I like to take on trips). And yes, I know, digital blah blah.

Old 04-08-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've found older Silver Age material reads far better two or three issues at a time. It is easier binge reading a modern series made after the 1980s with that period's decompressed storytelling.
Old 04-08-15, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

Yeah, I find it hard to make it through more than 1 or 2 silver age issues at a time.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.