View Single Post
Old 03-25-15, 08:29 AM   #10
walletboyniac

Re: Sixth Annual Drive-in/Exploitation/B-movie Challenge List Thread (April 1-30, 201

* first time viewing
dvd
blu-ray
cable tv/dvr/on demand
netflix streaming
top secret

★★★★★ Awww yeah!
★★★★ Excellent
★★★(+) Very Good, I enjoyed it
★★★(-) Good, I didn't dislike it
★★ Sucked
★ Made me angry

Trope Sitch:
Can You Hear Me Now? = No cell service
Not Muffy! = Pet death
Let's Get Outta Here! = Someone says "Let's get outta here"
I Feel Dirty = Shower scene
I'm Gonna Hurl = Someone pukes

Cheer when you hear the name of the movie!

Mar 31
1. Frankenstein's Army (2013) ★★★★
Definitely an experience, almost exhausting. Inspired creatures.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 (although for the time period, their signal was jammed) / Not Muffy: X / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X

Apr 1
2. Intruder* Director's Cut (1988) ★★★(-)
Some idiot on Amazon gave away a key plot point that doesn't occur until 67 minutes in. Don't know how much that colored my opinion of this film. Ultimately a pretty standard slasher with a few camera tricks.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: 0
3. Humongous* Uncut (1982) ★★★(+)
Damn motor went oot.
Good, intriguing story for a cheap Canadian horror flick.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: X / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: 0
4. The Human Centipede UR (2009) ★★★(-)
For some reason, I decided to give this another chance. Is this a new genre - The horror procedural? Plenty of shock value, and the doctor is genuinely creepy, but not particularly well-written.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: X / Not Muffy: X / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X (and I almost did)

5. Malibu Express* (1985) ★★★(+)
Let's get that turkey with the broad!
Showers, showers, showers, plenty of showers. This guy made how many movies?! Cool as a cucumber, Cody Abilene has everyone throwing their tits at him. But he's never too busy to get into a race with some backwoods hicks.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: X / I'm Gonna Hurl: 0

Apr 3
6. Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers* UR (1988) ★★★(+)
Someone was into Letterman's old NBC show, back when he was bitter and cranky. My favorite show of all time.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: 0
7. Big Tits Zombie in 3D Uncut (2010) ★★★(-)
More chainsaw mayhem. I liked this a lot more the first time around. Gets bonus points for some crazy 3D effects.

Apr 5
8. VANish* UR (2015) ★★★(+)
Practically the entire film takes place in a shitty van! Tony Todd plays a crazy, badass cop.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 (the phones worked perfectly fine, for a change) / Not Muffy: X (a made-up story, but the alternate endings make the story true) / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X

Apr 6
9. Hatchet UR (2006) ★★★★
I went on a haunted Vegas tour that felt about as low rent as the one seen in this movie. This is a good retro slasher, with some great gruesome effects.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: X / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X
10. Bad Taste* UR (1988) ★★
A sausage fest. I got bored. Endless gun battles are not exciting.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X

Apr 7
11. Dead Season* UR (2012) ★★★(+)
Elvis and Tweeter stumble upon a community, post-zombie apocalypse. Let's see, where have I seen this? Decent character-driven drama, but you'd be better off sticking with The Walking Dead. The deleted scenes taught me a lot of people got cut from this movie.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: 0

Apr 9
12. Killer Joe* UR (2011) ★★★(+)
I enjoyed Gina Gershon's merkin, but could do without Matthew McConaughey's ass. I am a sucker for claustrophobia in a film.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X

Apr 10
13. Night of the Demons UR (1988) ★★★★★
The perfect 80's haunted ho... er, demonic possession movie.

Apr 12
14. Night of the Demons 2* (1994) ★★★(+)
From the director of Leprechaun 4: In Space! This was one slow sequel, and slightly goofy. The first one was downright creepy, this one, not so much.

Apr 13
15. The Voices* (2014) ★★★(-)
I'm not a peasant, Mr. Whiskers.
Quite dark. To be honest, I had a hard time laughing at this real psychiatric disorder. Maybe I'm a buzzkill.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: X / I'm Gonna Hurl: X

Apr 14
16. Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-o-Rama* (1988) ★★★(+)
Ludicrously long shower scene! Horrible soundtrack! Complimentary imp! Might be the most poorly lit movie I've seen.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: X / I'm Gonna Hurl: X
17. The Babadook* UR (2014) ★★★★
A woman goes mad. Some weird and disturbing imagery. Kind of harrowing at times. That's a good thing.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: X / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X

Apr 15
18. The Thaw* (2009) ★★★(+)
A Bloated Val Kilmer version of The Thing. Coincidentally, it sits right next to my copy of The Thing on the shelf. Pet death, LGOH, and someone hurls all within about a minute of each other.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: X / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X

Apr 16
19. Prince of Darkness (1987) ★★★★★
The "dream" is f-ed up! Maybe the creepiest movie I've ever seen. Maybe my favorite John Carpenter movie, which is saying a lot. I am envious of Jameson Parker's stylish moustache.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X

Apr 18
20. Lord of Illusions Director's Cut* (1995) ★★★★
Who fucking dug up Scott Bakula? Clive Barker, that's who!
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: X / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: 0

Apr 20
21. Raze* (2014) ★
Chicks kicking ass. Claustrophobic setting. All elements I like. But it's pretty painfully pointless. How's that for alliteration? Has the absolute thinnest of plots with no character development. They're fighting for their families and/or loved ones... who we never meet. I don't think I've seen Sherilyn Fenn since Twin Peaks.
22. Tokyo Decadence* (1992) ★★★(-)
As with all the best Japanese movies, I have to ask myself at some point, What the fuck just happened? This one's about a call girl who specializes in S&M. I was really into "Mistress Saki". She can humiliate me any time! If someone can please explain to me what happened in the last half hour or so, I'd appreciate it.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: 0 (activity around showers, but none actually shown) / I'm Gonna Hurl: 0

Apr 21
23. Prince of Darkness audio commentary* ★★★★
We should have Quatermass here so we could ask him!

Apr 23
24. Wildcard American Pimp* (1999) ★★★★
Guess I'm a square? A documentary about exploitation. I figure that's a wildcard.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X
25. Night of the Demons You're Invited: The Making of Night of the Demons* ★★★★
Angela is a little nutty in real life!

Apr 27
26. The Perfect Host (2010) ★★★★
Niles is still anally retentive, but he's gone off the deep end here. This movie was unpredictable. Ended a good 10 minutes after I thought it would.
27. Sex Bomb* UR (1989) ★★★(+)
Pro-writer, anti-producer flick. I Rip Your Flesh With Pliers and Werewolves in Heat are great titles. I'd see them both. I could swear there was an Estevez in this cast.
28. Punisher: War Zone* (2008) ★★★★
Newman supplies his weapons?! The Jigsaw character here seriously predates the Saw character. I had to look it up. Now I have to check out the other movies.

Apr 28
29. Open Grave* (2013) ★
I need answers.
Serious as a heart attack. And fucking stupid. The premise is pretty much a knockoff of Cube. Keeps you in the dark for far too long. It's just people yelling at each other, people screaming. Really, the plot isn't revealed until the very end.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: X / I'm Gonna Hurl: X
30. Freaked (1993) ★★★★
And from their ashes, you'll rise, like a mighty phoenix, only a lot uglier.
★★★★ movie, easily ★★★★★ creature and special effects. I'm becoming a big fan of Steve Johnson. He did the makeup effects for Night of the Demons, as well (never mind working on Ghostbusters, etc). They had fine taste for putting Larry "Bud" Melman in their flick.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: X / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X

Apr 29
31. Shocker* (1989) ★★
I've already seen A Nightmare on Elm Street, Wes. The kid has all the screen charm as a wet bag of snails in Smell-o-Vision. Did I really wait 26 years to see this POS?
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: X / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: X / I'm Gonna Hurl: 0
32. Bring Me the Head of the Machine Gun Woman* UR (2012) ★★★★
A hot chick kicking ass? Sign me up. Although it is ludicrous that she can drive a standard in those heels. Liked the Grand Theft Auto parodies.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: 0 / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: 0
33. Wildcard Back Issues: The Hustler Magazine Story* (2014) ★★★★★
Fascinating. But quite frankly, I was a little offended that the nudity was censored (all nudity was shown in rapid-fire fragments of seconds), yet they DWELLED on graphic shots of Larry Flynt after he was shot. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. A+ on the soundtrack. Someone is a fan of old school punk.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: 0 / Not Muffy: X / Let's Get Outta Here: 0 / I Feel Dirty: X / I'm Gonna Hurl: 0

Apr 30
34. Banshee!!!!* (I added the extra exclamation point) UR (2008) ★★
There's a CGI banshee!!! in the woods. That is all. Have to agree with my man Lake, here, "Life is all about the ass." Actually he's not "my man," he was a major douche. In the 86 minute running time, no one in the cast figured out that the banshee!!! shape-shifted.
Scorecard: Can You Hear Me Now: X / Not Muffy: X / Let's Get Outta Here: X / I Feel Dirty: 0 / I'm Gonna Hurl: X
35. Dead Snow: Red vs. Dead* (2014) ★★★★★
At least I went out with a bang. Sloppy zombie sex. This was absolutely the funniest horror comedy I've seen in years. Using someone's intestines to siphon gas? Pure genius. I didn't care much for the first movie. Maybe I need to revisit that. It had basically the same premise as Leprechaun!

Total: 35
Total movies: 33
FTV movies: 25

Total Scorecard Stats
Cell phone: 3/33 9% (granted, I watched a lot of 80's movies)
Pet death: 11/33 33%
LGOH: 15/33 45%
Shower: 6/33 18%
Barf: 18/33 55%

Last edited by walletboyniac; 05-01-15 at 07:24 PM.