Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

H2, aka Halloween 2 (Rob Zombie)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-17-08, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since this has been confirmed, I figured it deserves it's own thread. Here's the early teaser art:

From Bloody-Disgusting:
We've actually been hearing about Zombie's return to Haddonfield for a few weeks now, and something that has become quite clear to us is that Zombie intends on bringing back a few names from his 2007 remake of HALLOWEEN. From our sources close to the project, expect to see the return of Scout Taylor-Compton as Laurie Strode, Tyler Mane as Michael Myers, Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Sam Loomis, Daeg Faerch as young Michael Myers and of course Sheri Moon Zombie as Deborah Meyers. Nothing is set in stone as the script is currently being written, but we'll have the official news when anything is officially announced. Rob Zombie's H2 picks up right as the first remake ended, following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted.
Old 12-17-08, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts
Wait a sec....how are all of those names "returning"? Can't say I'm excited but I'm definitely interested. I really liked the first one but not sure if this is a good move (for me anyway).
Old 12-17-08, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rival11
Wait a sec....how are all of those names "returning"? Can't say I'm excited but I'm definitely interested. I really liked the first one but not sure if this is a good move (for me anyway).
More flashbacks.
Old 12-18-08, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
What about Danielle Harris?

Annie survived the last one, did she not?
Old 12-18-08, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
Wow Halloween 2 is one of my favorites of the series.

I also enjoyed the Halloween Remake...the uncut version.

I hope this one turns out to be really good...and brutal too lol
Old 12-18-08, 02:30 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Malcolm McDowell gets an from me. I also enjoyed the first remake, I'll see where Zombie goes with this.
Old 12-18-08, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rival11
Zombie will always find a way to put his wife in his films. I always give him the benefit of the doubt though. The lowlife family stuff was the only thing I hated about the remake.
Old 12-18-08, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I liked the remake so I'll check this out.
Old 12-18-08, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Halloween was one of the worst movies I've seen in theaters in recent years: it's "up" there with Romero's Diary of the Dead. The beginning was great but it went completely downhill once he escaped.

Not seeing this.
Old 12-18-08, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So I guess a remake of part 2 or an original sequel to the remake? Well, I did like the remake so Ill give it a shot.
Old 12-18-08, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
What about Danielle Harris?

Annie survived the last one, did she not?
This would be the ONLY way it'd even be worth a rent, if you ask me.

With preferably, more nudity.
Old 12-18-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
Halloween was one of the worst movies I've seen in theaters in recent years: it's "up" there with Romero's Diary of the Dead. The beginning was great but it went completely downhill once he escaped.

Not seeing this.
Ditto. Zombie needs to leave this alone and go back to making original movies. His take on Myers was horrible.
Old 12-18-08, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Zombie's remake was incredibly mediore. It wasn't awful but it wasn't groundbreaking, much like the TCM remake from '03. The first 45 minutes didn't really add much, and the second half felf like a completely different movie.

But if this is a sequel to that movie and not a remake of Halloween II, then we're guaranteed to be getting a new Halloween movie, which is always a good thing to me.
Old 12-18-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not seeing this.
Agree with everything except.....I'll probably see it.

Really wish that Zombie was going with an "original" idea this time around though.
Old 12-18-08, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
But if this is a sequel to that movie and not a remake of Halloween II, then we're guaranteed to be getting a new Halloween movie, which is always a good thing to me.
This is how I am viewing this. I didn't hate (nor did I love) Zombie's Halloween, but it is hard to see it as a stand-alone movie. You just can't help comparing it to the original. So with H2, I am freed from any preconceived notions about "the original".
Old 12-18-08, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I bet I can guess what the plot is going to be. Michael goes after some babysitters....on Halloween. How are they going to put a new slant on that???
Old 12-18-08, 05:42 PM
Banned

Not seeing this.
But DIARY sucked from the start and kept that pace so HALLOWEEN remake is not in the same league.
Old 12-18-08, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wm lopez
But DIARY sucked from the start and kept that pace so HALLOWEEN remake is not in the same league.
No, it's in a league of it's own. Remakes that invent stuff like a bunch of Childhood stuff that we didn't need to see for Michael Myers.
Old 12-18-08, 06:01 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts
though i really tried to like the first it just bored me to tears and thought it blew.
Old 12-18-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

God help us. The first one was bad enough, and now we get another.

Maybe this time Myers will cut his penis off or something, seeing what the first one added.
Old 12-19-08, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
The cast seems like it's going to be exactly the same. And with some of them dead it sounds like we're going to get flashbacks of more of the same.

So I guess it may be new compared to (the original) Halloween 2 but not as new compared to the last one (remake) as I would like.
Old 12-19-08, 03:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
If this is actually true, wow, just wow:

NO WHITE MASK IN H2?

Sources close to Rob Zombie while keeping tight lipped about details have revealed that Zombie (who recently signed on to direct Halloween 2) is leaning towards not using the famous "white" mask that the Halloween franchise has been built on. While he will utilize the mask in the opening sequence plans are either to use no mask at all or another style mask that Tyler Maine (Michael Myers) will adorn this fall.

http://www.horrorbid.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=59&t=2896
Old 12-19-08, 03:17 AM
Suspended

I wouldn't mind Halloween 2 but maybe they shoud use a different director the first one wasn't that great.
Old 12-19-08, 03:20 AM
Suspended

BTW, I hope they don't stick with H2

Old 12-19-08, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by benh911
If this is actually true, wow, just wow:

NO WHITE MASK IN H2?

Sources close to Rob Zombie while keeping tight lipped about details have revealed that Zombie (who recently signed on to direct Halloween 2) is leaning towards not using the famous "white" mask that the Halloween franchise has been built on. While he will utilize the mask in the opening sequence plans are either to use no mask at all or another style mask that Tyler Maine (Michael Myers) will adorn this fall.

http://www.horrorbid.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=59&t=2896
Oh, I get it. We're headed into "Season of the Witch" territory now.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.