Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Pokemon TV

Old 02-04-15, 12:24 AM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
Pokemon TV

Pokemon TV just got added to the Roku. It looks like there's about 50 episodes. The video quality seems to be SD, but it's free and I didn't see any commercials.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...on-tv-on-roku/
Old 02-04-15, 08:12 AM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
Re: Pokemon TV

Here's the link to Pokemon TV in the Roku Channel Store:

https://www.roku.com/channels#!details/50867/pokmon-tv
Old 02-04-15, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Pokemon TV just got added to the Roku. It looks like there's about 50 episodes. The video quality seems to be SD, but it's free and I didn't see any commercials.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...on-tv-on-roku/
I probably have all these episodes on tape, but this might be a good incentive to try to get my Roku set up to see how these look. (It's still in the box from when I bought it at Radio Shack a year or two ago.)

BTW, the new Pokemon season starts this Saturday, Feb. 7 on Cartoon Network, 8AM, EST.
Old 02-06-15, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,455 Posts

Not free, obviously, but Netflix also has a ton of Pokemon.

Thanks for the heads up on the new season, Ash, I'll be watching with my daughter.
Old 12-17-16, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Didn't realize the new TV season, Sun and Moon, moved to Disney XD. They have the first two episodes streaming, otherwise I think it starts in January. The animation is very different.
Old 12-22-16, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig
Didn't realize the new TV season, Sun and Moon, moved to Disney XD. They have the first two episodes streaming, otherwise I think it starts in January. The animation is very different.
Yeah, I just found out myself--and I missed the latest Pokémon movie, which ran on Disney and not CN. How were we supposed to know?
Old 12-22-16, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The movie was still available on demand (on DIRECTV at least) and streaming (once linked to your cable/satellite account). That's how I downloaded it for the kids.
Old 12-31-16, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The newest Pokémon movie will be repeated today, Dec. 31, at 12 Noon (EST) on Disney XD, followed by the first two eps. of Pokémon Sun and Moon.
Old 12-31-16, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Weird I did a search early this morning for sun and moon on DIRECTV and it didn't find anything, so I figured it wasn't going to be on yet.
Old 12-31-16, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Weird I did a search early this morning for sun and moon on DIRECTV and it didn't find anything, so I figured it wasn't going to be on yet.
I watched the movie and the two episodes--three hours of Pokémon on the last day of the year. I enjoyed the movie and wish I'd seen it on the big screen.

The jury's still out on the Sun & Moon episodes. It's a got a whole new design style. Ash looks quite different and wears different clothes. It's set in the "Alola Islands," i.e. Hawaii. It plays like a prequel to the main series since he's traveling with his mother and he looks and acts younger.
Old 01-02-17, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah that's what I meant when I said the animation is very different, a lot softer and more fluid but definitely a bit jarring. Poor Serena was thrown aside just like Misty, it seems.
Old 01-02-17, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah that's what I meant when I said the animation is very different, a lot softer and more fluid but definitely a bit jarring. Poor Serena was thrown aside just like Misty, it seems.
I wish they'd do a spin-off series with her. I consider her the most interesting female character the franchise has ever had. Remember when she first cut her hair and changed her outfit?

Old 06-27-17, 11:29 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 521 Likes on 458 Posts

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...vailable-in-hd

June 27, 2017

Original Pokemon Episodes Now Available in HD

The classic first season of Pokemon the Series is now available for digital rent or purchase.

You can now rediscover the original exciting adventures of Ash, Pikachu, and friends with rental and purchase of the first season of Pokemon the Series on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon. And for the first time ever, these episodes will be available digitally in HD. In these episodes, you'll get to see Ash's first journeys into the Kanto region, and how he met his best friend Pikachu.

Check out the entire first season of Pokemon the Series today on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon.
Old 06-28-17, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by WTK
https://youtu.be/8WqXtJy1PWs

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...vailable-in-hd

June 27, 2017

Original Pokemon Episodes Now Available in HD

The classic first season of Pokemon the Series is now available for digital rent or purchase.

You can now rediscover the original exciting adventures of Ash, Pikachu, and friends with rental and purchase of the first season of Pokemon the Series on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon. And for the first time ever, these episodes will be available digitally in HD. In these episodes, you'll get to see Ash's first journeys into the Kanto region, and how he met his best friend Pikachu.

Check out the entire first season of Pokemon the Series today on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon.
Also, Disney XD is running these episodes on their On Demand channel.

(I have the whole first season on DVD anyway, I bought the two volumes last year for $9.99 each. Which meant I could toss all those VHS tapes that I used to record the series when it ran on broadcast TV almost 20 years ago.)
Old 12-16-22, 02:52 PM
WTK

An All-New Pokémon Series Is Coming

A brand-new Pokémon series has been announced!

Join two new characters and three Paldea starter Pokémon as they adventure through the exciting world of Pokémon! Plus, commemorate Ash’s journey with a collection of special episodes concluding Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series.

Coming soon in 2023 and beyond!

http://4NN.cx/.192999

New Pokémon Anime With New Dual Protagonists to Debut in April 2023

The Pokémon Company revealed a new Pokémon animated series on Friday. The series will follow completely new dual protagonists, who are named Liko and Roy in the Japanese version of the series.

The series will premiere in April 2023 in Japan, and The Pokémon Company stated in its English press release that the anime will premiere in 2023 "and beyond." The anime will feature Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly from the Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet video games, and will also feature the Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza in its Shiny form.

The anime will debut after Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series.

The company also announced that it is producing a collection of 11 special episodes to conclude the Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series anime that will celebrate Ash's adventures spanning 25 seasons. The company stated the episodes will feature fan-favorite characters such as Misty and Brock and will "provide a glimpse into what the future holds ... in this final chapter for Ash and Pikachu."

The episodes will premiere in Japan on January 13, and the concluding anime in Japanese is titled Pocket Monster Mezase Pokémon Master (Aiming to be a Pokémon Master).

Pokémon Journeys: The Series premiered on TV Tokyo and its affiliates in Japan under the title Pocket Monster in November 2019, two days after the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games shipped worldwide. The series continues to air in Japan under that name.

The first 12 episodes of Pokémon Journeys: The Series debuted in the United States on Netflix in June 2020, and the service added new episodes quarterly. The anime also premiered on the Canadian television channel Teletoon in May 2020.

The localized title of the anime, Pokémon Journeys: The Series, has 48 episodes. Pokémon Master Journeys: The Series continued with Pocket Monster's 49th episode, which premiered in Japan in December 2020. Netflix began streaming Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series, the Pokémon anime's 25th season, on October 21.

Old 12-16-22, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Finally letting go of Ash is a huge milestone, here's hoping it maintains it's popularity (despite the new games seeming like duds).
Old 03-03-23, 02:04 PM
WTK

NEW Trailer for the Upcoming New Animated Pokémon Series

Gear up for adventure in this upcoming new animated Pokémon series!

Introducing our new protagonists, Liko and Roy, as they set off on an exciting, action-packed journey!

Old 03-24-23, 12:58 PM
WTK

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-n...ons-the-series

March 24, 2023

Watch the Trailer for Pokémon Horizons: The Series

Get to know the protagonists of Pokémon’s new animated series.

Pokémon Horizons: The Series brings fans an exciting adventure with new characters set in the familiar, fun world of Pokémon. Both Liko and Roy possess mysterious objects—a pendant and a unique-looking Poké Ball, respectively—but in order to unravel their significance, Liko will need to take a courageous first step. Along the way, Liko and Roy meet Friede, Captain Pikachu, and Amethio. Watch the latest trailer to learn more about Liko and Roy’s journey through the Pokémon world.

Old 03-24-23, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's weird to me that the English side is promoting the Japanese version with subs... did they do that with Journeys (I realize logistically they don't have the dub yet)? To my knowledge they have never really put out anything official without English voice acting, have they?
Old 03-24-23, 08:06 PM
WTK

It's weird to me that the English side is promoting the Japanese version with subs... did they do that with Journeys (I realize logistically they don't have the dub yet)? To my knowledge they have never really put out anything official without English voice acting, have they?
It does seem strange. Having an English dub is a matter of when.

Two key questions:
- Will Netflix be streaming this or something else?
- Will subtitled episodes be available (simulcast or not)?
Old 03-27-23, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

True, I just kind of assumed Netflix would pick this up dubbed but I guess we'll see. Still have to catch up anyway to see the end of Ash's journey.
Old 07-20-23, 07:28 PM
WTK

Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series | Part 4

Send Ash and Pikachu off in the final episodes of Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series, available 9/8 on Netflix!

Pokémon Horizons: The Series | A New Pokémon Adventure

Pokémon Horizons: The Series | Ep. 1 Sneak Peek

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-n...he-series-news
July 20, 2023

Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series and Pokémon Horizons: The Series News

Check out trailers, updates, and dates from Pokémon’s first appearance at San Diego Comic-Con!

There’s plenty of excitement ahead for fans of Pokémon animation, as revealed during Pokémon’s first San Diego Comic Con panel on July 20, 2023. The final season of the current Pokémon animated series will come to an end on September 8, 2023, with the Netflix release of the fourth and final installment of Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series. This 12-episode collection, titled “To Be a Pokémon Master,” brings back favorite characters—including Misty and Brock—and provides a hint of what the future may hold for Ash and Pikachu. Get a glimpse of the excitement in store with the “To Be a Pokémon Master” trailer.

The San Diego Comic Con panel also surprised fans with new information about Pokémon Horizons: The Series. In addition to screening the first 10 minutes of the inaugural episode, attendees got a first look at a trailer for the new animated series and a behind-the-scenes video that offered insight into the animation development process for Pokémon Horizons: The Series. Learn more about the exciting new series that will be coming soon by watching the trailer!
Old 07-25-23, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Mercurial tennis player Nick Kyrgios, who's been out of action all year with an injury, unveiled a huge back tattoo today filled with all Pokemon.
Old 09-25-23, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sept 8, 1998 marked the 25th anniversary of the premiere of Pokemon on American TV. I pay tribute in my latest blog entry and recount my long history with the series:

https://briandanacamp.wordpress.com/...-and-counting/
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (10-02-23)
Old 10-05-23, 04:45 PM
WTK

The official Twitter account for Pocket ni Bōken wo Tsumekonde (Fill Your Pocket with Adventure), TV Tokyo and The Pokémon Company's first original live-action drama about the Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green games, began streaming a trailer on Thursday.

http://4NN.cx/.203173

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.