Reload this Page >

Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-17-12, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Not really much details yet, just the title and a few tidbits. I don't think there's an actual thread on this yet...

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/17/a...i-inquisition/

The next game will be called Dragon Age III: Inquisition.

We won’t be talking about the story of the game today. Though you can make some guesses from the title.

This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It’s composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers.

We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armor and followers… Yeah, that kind of customization. We’ve started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this.
Old 09-17-12, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Well I am guessing that they're never going to release a DA2 Ultimate Edition.
Old 09-17-12, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

So if I'm reading that right, we're gonna get back the ability to customise the armour of our party members? That's great news. However, the statement makes it seem as if they needed the new engine to accomplish that. I find that weird since DA:O did it just fine. I always assumed DAII ditched party customization in order to streamline the RPG elements.
Old 09-17-12, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts

Let's hope it's better than the disappointment that was DA II.
Old 09-17-12, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's funny that I never finished DA:O (it's just such a slow burn most of the time) yet I've beat DAII twice.

I will admit that the more epic story of DA:O is far more intriguing but the excecution left a lot to be desired. DAII has better pacing but the core story felt more like an extended sidequest.

Hopefully the third will feature an epic story akin to DA:O and pacing akin to DAII.
Old 09-17-12, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

I'm kind of hoping its not as big as DA:O. I'm getting tired of 50+ hour games. I would much rather have an awesome 15 hour game.

It still sits there haunting me, and I keep saying I want to replay it but I know I never will.
Old 09-17-12, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I liked Dragon Age 2, but I can see why fans of the big, epic RPG would be disappointed.
Old 09-17-12, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I think DA:O being too big is the problem. It's the same reason the Elder Scroll games never appealed to me.
Old 09-17-12, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I loved DA:O, one of the best games this generation in my opinion. I also enjoyed DAII more than most players, but it certainly felt much "lighter" in comparison.
Old 11-30-12, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://kotaku.com/5964700/you-can-th...reepy-sex-plot

The team was having a peer review about the game, and it seemed as if everything about a certain plot point was fine. Then, someone spoke up. A woman. The plot point, she argued, could easily be seen as a form of rape. Everyone became stunned—not because she was off-base, but because she was right. She was right, even though the writer didn't intend the scene to come off way, even though the team considers itself to be progressive.
Stupid women, preventing me from rape!
Old 11-30-12, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yay. News about what's not in the game.
Old 12-01-12, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Yeah, I think DA:O being too big is the problem. It's the same reason the Elder Scroll games never appealed to me.
You guys know you can continue these games later and don't have to play them all in one day (or even one week), right?

I have no idea why them being long games is a problem. Do you have problems remembering the story after a week has gone by or something?
Old 12-01-12, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
You guys know you can continue these games later and don't have to play them all in one day (or even one week), right?

I have no idea why them being long games is a problem. Do you have problems remembering the story after a week has gone by or something?
You realize not everyone wants to commit 50+ hours to a game, right? Some people don't have the time, others the patience. Just because YOU like the length, doesn't mean everyone else does.
Old 12-01-12, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

In my case, "big" doesn't necessary refer to the length of the game, but the lack of interest in playing a large open world with a lot of locations and things to remember. Honestly, I get lost a lot in those games deciding on what to do and where to go and don't have the exploration patience that I used to.

Last edited by fumanstan; 12-01-12 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-01-12, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I admit to having a hard time picking a game back up if it sits for a week or two. I got a decent ways into both DA:O and Oblivion, then got distracted, and would likely start over if I return. It's not so much remembering the story, but remembering the side-quests and all the little details of combat and especially whatever point system is going on.

But still, that's my problem, 15 years ago and I would have been in absolute heaven with these types of games.
Old 12-01-12, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The bigger and longer the better, in my opinion (insert joke here). If it's not your type of game, I guess don't play it? Not sure that's a useful argument to have in this thread, frankly.
Old 12-01-12, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MoviePage
The bigger and longer the better, in my opinion (insert joke here). If it's not your type of game, I guess don't play it? Not sure that's a useful argument to have in this thread, frankly.
Its somewhat relevant here though, as Dragon Age 2 wasn't particularly a bigger and longer game over Origins which seems to have been a major complaint, so its unclear how DA3 will shape out.
Old 12-02-12, 02:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deftones
You realize not everyone wants to commit 50+ hours to a game, right? Some people don't have the time, others the patience. Just because YOU like the length, doesn't mean everyone else does.
Probably shouldn't be playing an RPG in the first place, then. Length kinda comes with the territory.

One of the primary complaints about DA2 was that it seemed like a "For dummies' version of an RPG, with it's adhd-frenetic battle scenes and ridiculously short campaign. Hopefully Bioware won't make the same mistake with DA3.
Old 12-02-12, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Probably shouldn't be playing an RPG in the first place, then. Length kinda comes with the territory.
Depends, something like Mass Effect is ~20 hours.
Old 12-02-12, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Which Mass Effect would that be? I easily spent double that time on my first playthrough of each ME game, especially the first one. I suppose it all depends on how you play it, which is a good thing.
Old 12-02-12, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Which Mass Effect would that be? I easily spent double that time on my first playthrough of each ME game, especially the first one. I suppose it all depends on how you play it, which is a good thing.
I played through the first game 3 or 4 times and I thought it was pretty quick even doing all the side quests and later on all the DLC, in the 20-25 hour range. I couldn't imagine taking 50+ hours to finish that game.
Old 12-02-12, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

One of the primary complaints about DA2 was that it seemed like a "For dummies' version of an RPG, with it's adhd-frenetic battle scenes and ridiculously short campaign. Hopefully Bioware won't make the same mistake with DA3.
Mass Effect isn't an RPG that's 50+ hours in length. I one of the Xbox360 FF games in less than 50 hours too. You can have a great game that doesn't require massive amounts of time to invest.
Old 12-06-12, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I played through the first game 3 or 4 times and I thought it was pretty quick even doing all the side quests and later on all the DLC, in the 20-25 hour range. I couldn't imagine taking 50+ hours to finish that game.
You visited every planet?
Old 06-12-13, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rh8v3Et4tGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice to see Morrigan back. Shame you can't play as the Warden.
Old 06-12-13, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I still need to start playing DA 2...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.