Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Blowitoutahere on eBay and Beyond

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-13-13, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buying on the Internet just got worse. An online store selling Movies, Music, Games, Electronics, etc.and doing business under the name of "Blowitoutahere" engages in practices so underhanded, it boggles the imagination. They have a "store" online, also do business through eBay and I've read somewhere they also have a presence on Amazon. They have a FaceBook page as well. No matter what or where the jumping off point is, BEWARE of any online location bearing the name "Blowitoutahere" and be especially wary of their eBay presence. On 10-02-2013 I ordered 15 DVD's and 1 CD from them. They have a shipping policy which states they will charge $2.99 for the first item and $1.50 for each item thereafter. That's expected when buying just a few items but when you're buying in quantity those shipping charges become out of hand and are far too high to pay so I wrote them before the sale and asked them to adjust those charges to reflect a more fair & accurate shipping cost. There is not a vendor on eBay that refuses such requests! In fact, several times a vendor has issued me a credit on shipping without being asked to do so! I felt confident, therefore, that adjusting shipping charges would not be an issue with Blowitoutahere. To complicate matters, eBay has a policy that once items are in your shopping cart, and a buyer wishes to have an invoice sent to them outlining the total charges for a purchase, the buyer becomes responsible for purchasing those items no matter what the seller's answer is! I had never had an issue with shipping credits so I went ahead and paid the bill as it stood. I still felt confident Blowitoutahere would do the right thing in this matter. They sent an invoice indicating a shipping price of $25.49. This was not at all a discounted shipping price but reflected their full charge on shipping as indicated on their eBay listing! I wrote them again and informed them that my package, weighing 3.4 lbs. would cost them exactly $3.88 via Media Mail to ship and that further adjustments should be made in this case. In the meanwhile I called eBay and told them of the situation. I was told they would speak with the owner and get this straightened out since this seller had ignored eBay policies on charging reasonable shipping for purchases. In the meanwhile, and before getting anything straightened out with me, I received a notice on 10-04-2013 that my items had shipped out that day! The shipping charges had still not been adjusted nor had I heard from them on the issue. Now I was forced to wait for the delivery. On 10-07-2013 I got another notice saying that my items had been shipped on 10-07-2013! I wondered why they had issued two notices saying the same thing but on different dates! Which was it...the 4th or the 7th? More important was why they had shipped this order without communicating with me and having me OK the final charges! All in all I sent over a half dozen emails which were never addressed. It seemed they had me on permanent "Ignore" and they were not going to change their mind about the gross overcharge in shipping charges and that was that. I wrote and told them I would, upon receipt, mark the package refused and have it sent back to them. On 10-11-2013 I did a search online on Blowitoutahere and came up with their regular store here online. I did not know they had such a presence outside of eBay. The prices on the items I had ordered were the same (all fairly high end) and I put them all into their shopping cart which then gave me a price of $15.84 on shipping! It was still high but it was $10.00 less then I had been charged on eBay for the same items from the same seller! Not only that, but Blowitoutahere also offered a 15% discount coupon for any purchase over $25.00! My purchase was over $175.00 so I more than qualified for the discount! So, not only was their shipping $10.00 cheaper but that 15% discount reflected an additional savings of almost $25.00! That afternoon I finally received a note from Blowitoutahere. I took the message to be from the owner since it was quite detailed in its response. In essence he told me he was justified in charging $25.49 in shipping because it offset his overhead nicely! I wrote back informing him that I had just found his regular online store and told him what the calculations were on his site! I also informed him that no business should inflate shipping charges to that extent in order to offset overhead. In business, one does that in adjusting the price of the item and not through shipping! This is not a normal business practice. How could he refuse a legitimate request for a shipping reduction now that the cat was out of the bag as far as what they charged for shipping on their own site? All this time I thought that since I was on eBay, I was dealing with a small storefront...a small business...a Mom & Pop storefront if you will. I have since learned that Blowitoutahere is owned by Alliance Entertainment LLC and bills through DirectToU, LLC which they probably own as well! I don't know the answers to any of the problems I have shared with you about this terrible vendor except to say they don't give a damn about this miniscule transaction. Why should they when thousands more will buy from them without ever first reading about their shoddy and shady tactics and realizing who they really are. I can only tell you, in the strongest of terms, to BUY ANYWHERE ELSE...BUT NOT FROM THIS VENDOR!
Old 10-13-13, 04:51 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Blowitoutahere on eBay and Beyond

Great first post. I think mine was something stupid like "Me too". Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-13-13, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts

Blow what now?
Old 10-13-13, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

I can sympathize, but you can never assume a seller (especially a warehouse dealer with thousands of transactions) will work out any kind of shipping discount after the fact. I had a similar experience with "moviemars" via eBay, but I asked about combined shipping up front. They wouldn't budge and insisted on charging a flat $2.99 per item, regardless of how many items you purchased. I ended up paying $12 to ship four digibooks, but it was still a good deal and much cheaper than I could get them for on the MovieMars site.

Last edited by joe_b; 10-16-13 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-13-13, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been buying CDs from Blowitoutahere for years and I've always received excellent service and fast shipping.

It's not uncommon for me to buy 30-40 CDs at one time.

The S&H cost is stated clearly on Ebay. $3.00 for the first CD & $1.50 for each additional CD.

When I factor in the overall cost, it's always considerably less than I could have purchased the same items elsewhere.

I recently ordered 26 CDS for $86.88 + $40.49 S&H.

I couldn't care less how much the shipping charge was because my only concern was the bottom line.

I bought 26 CDS for less than $4.90 each shipped, and these were CDs that Amazon was charging $6.99-$7.99 each.

I came out a lot better paying $40.00 S&H with Blowitoutahere than I would have with free shipping from Amazon.
Old 10-14-13, 08:47 AM

"I came out a lot better paying $40.00 S&H with Blowitoutahere than I would have with free shipping from Amazon."

Couldn't agree more - Total cost is what counts, if your still getting it cheaper overall than the next seller then i am happy to pay high shipping - many ebay sellers have higher shipping and lower item prices to offset the high fees of ebay - As they do not charge a % on the shipping price.
Old 10-14-13, 03:07 PM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

So they never told you before purchasing that they would adjust the price? You paid for the agreed terms that were spelled out and assumed that they would just do it? Sorry, you're in the wrong. And no, not every seller will adjust it.

If I run into this situation where I request combined shipping, I don't pull the trigger until I get a reply.

And as others have said, if the final price is cheaper, than I am cool with that.
Old 10-15-13, 11:14 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Are we sure they sell DVDs and not enemas?
Old 10-15-13, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

I have dealt with Blowitouttahere on eBay a few times and found they are really good to deal with.

When items are shipped to Canada it is $4.99 ($2.99 in the US) and $1.50 for any additional item, which I think is very fair.

They are a warehouse operation so I imagine customizing shipping charges for individual orders is a time-consuming pain for their workflow.

I guess it's a good pricing formula that suits most orders. Of course when you start ordering multiple items that gap between what the customers pays for shipping is much higher than what the vendor's costs are.
Old 10-15-13, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

They are a good seller, this person assumed they were run like some sort of small mom and pop seller. Instead they work under the rubric for one of the largest media distributors in the United States.
Old 05-09-14, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone know if they charge at shipment or order?
Old 05-10-14, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If the shipping is clearly posted why bitch about it after the fact.
Old 09-07-14, 05:11 PM

Isn't this the same company as ideals on Amazon?
Old 09-07-14, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts

They don't exactly live up to their name. "Blowitoutahere" would imply selling as cheaply as possible, but I've still seen them sell HD-DVDs for over $20!
Old 09-08-14, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

What do they charge for Beta tapes?
Old 09-10-14, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,455 Posts

How to get rich quickly:

a) Have a "new member" post a wall of text against a site that nobody is going to read.
b) Buy off some existing, long standing members/plants and have them defend the company
c) Free publicity!
d) Sell $20 HD DVDs
l) Profit $$$
Old 09-12-14, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 299 Posts

Imagine typing in that username every time you have to login
Old 09-12-14, 02:15 PM

...and then listing the large amount of inventory you have yet to 'blowoutahere' because you're pricing them at levels that don't encourage any blowing of anything outahere.
Old 09-16-14, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

They were a great media retailer before Super D (owner of other sites like DeepDiscount and DVDPlanet) bought them out. Blowitoutahere was direct competition and undercutting those retailers' prices on a number of sites (eBay, Amazon Marketplace, etc), so it looks like Super D bought them out to put an end to that practice. Almost all the major media Internet retailers now are run by one or two global entities. It's not a coincidence prices have gone up across the board since last year.
Old 09-17-14, 02:07 PM

Didn't they buy Deepdiscount too? Talk about a retailer not living up to its name anymore...
Old 09-18-14, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,455 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Imagine typing in that username every time you have to login
Maybe that's why he only has one post?
Old 04-21-17, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
They were a great media retailer before Super D (owner of other sites like DeepDiscount and DVDPlanet) bought them out. Blowitoutahere was direct competition and undercutting those retailers' prices on a number of sites (eBay, Amazon Marketplace, etc), so it looks like Super D bought them out to put an end to that practice. Almost all the major media Internet retailers now are run by one or two global entities. It's not a coincidence prices have gone up across the board since last year.
Yep.
Old 04-21-17, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Didn't they buy Deepdiscount too? Talk about a retailer not living up to its name anymore...
Yep.
Old 12-30-17, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Update: I got burned by Odd Banana today which motivated me to write this post for another board:

"Odd Banana TERRIBLE Ebay & Amazon Seller (Another Super D Company)"

This company may be the worst of the Super D "family"; & that's saying a lot. I don't want to get into the story of what just happened to me as a buyer right now; other than to state that ebay shares 50% of the blame for this situation; but this is the worst of the Super D evil empire I've ever dealt with.

I didn't know they were a Super D company, I incorrectly thought Movie Mars owned them.

It's becoming apparent why buying from so many retailers on the net is becoming a terrible experience; Super D owns most of them........

Never thought I would miss brick & mortars so much . It feels like we're down to Amazon, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Walmart (another evil empire), & the manufacturers who sell direct as far as physical product goes (I have had good luck with the hi-res download stores, never been ripped off by one to this day). That's what happens when there's no competition, & ironically all these Super D stores PRETEND to be competing against one another. That's really the joke.

For those new to the Super D saga; they used to be a wholesaler named Phantom. They bought up most of the mid sized i-net retailers, while merging with or acquiring two other wholesalers: DirectToU & Alliance; & put most of the rest out of business by selling cheaper at retail than they do at wholesale.

Other Super D stores in addition to Odd Banana include:

Collector's Choice
Deep Discount
Import CD's
Heartland
Critic's Choice
Blowitoughtahere
DVD Planet
WOW HD
DVD Pacific
Tartare
Pop Market

CD Baby also has an affiliation with Super D per several articles on the net; & I'm sure I've both forgotten & am unaware of some.

Note: Many of these were decent retailers before being acquired by Super D/Alliance/DirectToU.
Old 12-30-17, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I continually get wrong versions from these companies. That said, never had an issue with returns and refunds.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.