Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Halloween (2018, D: David Gordon Green) - from Blumhouse & Carpenter - S: Curtis

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Halloween (2018, D: David Gordon Green) - from Blumhouse & Carpenter - S: Curtis

Old 05-02-14, 01:59 PM

Received 4,514 Likes on 3,062 Posts

I'm almost positive there is an existing thread on this named Halloween 3D or something. I tried all different variations in the search and couldn't find anything.

As you know, we do not comment on rumors regarding a Halloween film in any stage of production no matter how accurate or inaccurate they may be. However, over the past few months, we have been flooded with ton(s) of emails, tweets, facebook postings etc… regarding the status of next installment.

“As we stated before, we are dedicated to the fans of the Halloween series just as much as we are dedicated to delivering a film that we believe the fans deserve and will, most importantly, love. With that being said, we can confirm that a new installment of Halloween is indeed in on track and moving forward. We are currently developing a script, to finally bring Michael back to the theaters!”

More information will be released over the coming months and exclusively at Halloweenmovies.com. So make sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook, so you can know first!
http://halloweenmovies.com/2014/05/0...oving-forward/
Old 05-02-14, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Halloween 3 in the works

I wish it were a remake of Season of the Witch.
Old 05-02-14, 05:08 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

i didn't care for the remake or Zombie's #2.. too bad really...
Old 05-02-14, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really liked the first remake and thought the second was OK. I doubt RZ will be involved in it.
Old 05-02-14, 06:20 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't care for Rob Zombie's Halloween remake either, it was too self aware that it was a horror movie.

Also, this scene bothered me for one major reason, why did Michael put the mask on in the first place if he was just going to show his face to the bully anyway and they were in a secluded area of the woods. I never understood that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/F7ICKNo3i5o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-02-14, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

I wonder if they're going to use Todd Farmer's script.
Old 05-02-14, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Count me in among those who found nothing redeeming in Rob Zombie's remake and I hated most of his Halloween 2 (I really liked the first part in the hospital, though - it felt like an effective merging of Carpenter's use of suspense and Zombie's (over)use of brutality). As a matter of fact, I don't think there's been a quality Halloween film since part 4 (which wasn't great, but still enjoyable) , but that doesn't stop me from watching them all every October. I'm one of the idiots who will probably be at part 3 on opening night regardless of reviews, though, so if it's terrible (and odds are that it will be), I'll get what I deserve.
Old 05-02-14, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kurupt
Count me in among those who found nothing redeeming in Rob Zombie's remake and I hated most of his Halloween 2 (I really liked the first part in the hospital, though - it felt like an effective merging of Carpenter's use of suspense and Zombie's (over)use of brutality). As a matter of fact, I don't think there's been a quality Halloween film since part 4 (which wasn't great, but still enjoyable) , but that doesn't stop me from watching them all every October. I'm one of the idiots who will probably be at part 3 on opening night regardless of reviews, though, so if it's terrible (and odds are that it will be), I'll get what I deserve.
I think H20 was the last good one.
Old 05-02-14, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Dammit, I forgot about H20 - that was pretty good.
Old 05-02-14, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I always thought H20 was pretty mediocre. It was better than 5 and 6 but that isn't saying much.
Old 05-02-14, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder if they're going to use Todd Farmer's script.
I sure as hell hope not. I have friends who have read it and everything they've relayed to me says it's absolute garbage.
Old 05-02-14, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My theory is that the new film is based on the fan film "Halloween: the Night She Doubted" that got really good word of mouth, then was expeditiously taken down by Trancas. There are loads of shitty Halloween fan films that don't get taken down - why did Trancas focus on the one that actually had good buzz? Maybe they bought the concept from the creator?
Old 05-03-14, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
i didn't care for the remake or Zombie's #2.. too bad really...
I liked the first Zombie, Halloween movie. But I do agree #2 was really awful.
Old 05-04-14, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Zombie's Halloween II is flawed, but it has underrated things in it.
Old 05-04-14, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Both of Zombie's Halloween flicks were garbage.
Old 05-04-14, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

There were certain aspects of Zombie's first Halloween I didn't mind but I do find it to be a very forgettable film and not one that I want to re-watch. I never liked his Halloween II at all though. Just an awful film and I really don't think I'll ever be able to put myself through it again. I don't really care about another sequel to the Zombie films, but if they were to make a new film that was a sequel of sorts to the originals that may be a different story.
Old 05-04-14, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The only sequel I would care to see from Zombie would be a sequel to Lords of Salem, because ironically, that's my favorite Zombie film out of his entire catalogue.
Old 05-04-14, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm not really interested in a sequel to the Zombie films unless he's involved. And even if he is involved, I'm not that interested. I'd rather see a new reboot with a better horror director.
Old 05-04-14, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

The only sequel I would care to see from Zombie would be a sequel to Lords of Salem, because ironically, that's my favorite Zombie film out of his entire catalogue.
It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.
Old 05-04-14, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Neil M.
I'm not really interested in a sequel to the Zombie films unless he's involved. And even if he is involved, I'm not that interested. I'd rather see a new reboot with a better horror director.
I'd really rather just have them scrap any sequels to the Zombie films and just make a loose sequel to the original franchise. It wouldn't be that hard to do and ultimately wouldn't matter that much but at least it would take away from some of the shittier aspects of the Zombie films.
Old 05-04-14, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.
For some reason this comment reminded me of this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9VDvgL58h_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-04-14, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
There were certain aspects of Zombie's first Halloween I didn't mind but I do find it to be a very forgettable film and not one that I want to re-watch. I never liked his Halloween II at all though. Just an awful film and I really don't think I'll ever be able to put myself through it again. I don't really care about another sequel to the Zombie films, but if they were to make a new film that was a sequel of sorts to the originals that may be a different story.
I would mostly agree with you. The first one has some redeeming elements and the less said about the second one, the better.
Old 05-04-14, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kurupt
My theory is that the new film is based on the fan film "Halloween: the Night She Doubted" that got really good word of mouth, then was expeditiously taken down by Trancas. There are loads of shitty Halloween fan films that don't get taken down - why did Trancas focus on the one that actually had good buzz? Maybe they bought the concept from the creator?
I totally missed this, and of course I can't find it online anywhere. Not even in the usual corners of the internet. Bummer.
Old 05-04-14, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I would like to have a "re-do" of the original H3 to put it back into the series rather than a sequel to RZ's white trash horror movies. I want to know what Michael would have really been doing instead of watching a movie about killer masks.

Digging around and found this.

Via Todd Farmers Twitter May 1st:
"Thank you for the humbling well wishes but Patrick and I aren't involved. We wish the very best to the Halloween franchise we love!"

Via Scout Taylor-Compton Twitter April 30th:
"No longer no more secrets. Can't wait to jump back into Laurie Strodes mindset @Wgsorrell @DreadCentral"

Last edited by VHS?; 05-04-14 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-04-14, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by VHS?
I would like to have a "re-do" of the original H3 to put it back into the series rather than a sequel to RZ's white trash horror movies. I want to know what Michael would have really been doing instead of watching a movie about killer masks.
The original Halloween III: Season of the Witch is a great film though. So underrated because a lot of people didn't understand the original concept of what the franchise was going to be. On it's own it's an awesome film and is just judged unfairly because of being tied to the franchise and being the odd film out.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.