Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

BJ's Wholesale Club DVD Deals

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

BJ's Wholesale Club DVD Deals

Old 01-26-12, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BJ's Wholesale Club DVD Deals

Anyone know if there's a deal on Real Steel this week? (While $5 coupon is still good)
Old 01-27-12, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I want to say it was $24.99 with a $2 instant rebate, but don't quote me on that as I just looked through the section quick.
Old 01-28-12, 12:52 PM

Saw, and picked up, That 70's Show seasons 1 and 2 for $5.99 each. That's the only two seasons they (Dartmouth, Mass.) had, so I don't know if other seasons are the same price.
Old 01-28-12, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by jimmaxmed
Saw, and picked up, That 70's Show seasons 1 and 2 for $5.99 each. That's the only two seasons they (Dartmouth, Mass.) had, so I don't know if other seasons are the same price.
Those are probably the Mill Creek versions and so far they've only released seasons 1 & 2.
Old 01-28-12, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They were (Mill Creek). My local store had the Roseannes and Cosbys too.
Old 03-31-12, 05:14 PM

I saw the Sin City Recut Extended Unrated edition with The Hard Goodbye graphic novel for $5.99 today.
Old 05-30-12, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After not getting anything new in seemingly forever, the local BJs got in a small assortment of $3.99 blu-rays that included;

New York Stories
Mr. Wrong
Gone Fishin'
DOA
Before And After
Terminal Velocity
Duets
Holy Man
Old 09-01-12, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
After not getting anything new in seemingly forever, the local BJs got in a small assortment of $3.99 blu-rays that included;

New York Stories
Mr. Wrong
Gone Fishin'
DOA
Before And After
Terminal Velocity
Duets
Holy Man
My local BJ's, Dartmouth, Mass., has a bunch of $3.99 titles both regular dvd and blu-rays. Along with the ones Brooklyn mentioned, I found...

blu-ray

Another Stakeout
Big Business
Consenting Adults
Holy Matrimony
Last Dance
The Marrying Man
Play it to the Bone
Straight Talk
The War at Home

dvd

The Boy in Blue
Call Me MADAM
A Cool Dry Place
Modern Problems
Nuns on the Run
Roxie Hart
Star !
Wild in the Country

There were some other titles which I can't remember.
Old 11-05-12, 03:19 PM

New coupon from 11/1/12-11/14/12 for $3.00 off any DVD of Blu-ray $18.99 or higher. I don't recall if this is stackable with any existing in-store studio rebates or not, but it is common to use two coupons on one item at B.J.'s (one store coupon and one manufacture coupon). This coupon by the way, is available at the door with all the other coupons.
Old 05-25-13, 02:40 PM

I noticed a few Fox TV season sets for $7.99 each. They had Buffy, Boston Legal, Family Guy and Roswell. All three seasons of Roswell for $24 is a really good deal considering I paid almost double for season 1 alone.
Old 11-08-13, 11:48 AM

They had a pallet of Warner Bros. box sets for $14.99 each. They've had these before around this time of the year and sometimes they go on sale for $9.99. I picked up:

The Val Lewton Horror Collection (Cat People / The Curse of the Cat People / I Walked with a Zombie / The Body Snatcher / Isle of the Dead / Bedlam / The Leopard Man / The Ghost Ship / The Seventh Victim / Shadows in the Dark / Martin Scorsese Presents Val Lewton Documentary)
Warner Gangsters Collection: Vol. 2 (Bullets or Ballots / City for Conquest / Each Dawn I Die / G Men / San Quentin / A Slight Case of Murder)
Warner Gangsters Collection: Vol. 3 (Smart Money / Picture Snatcher / The Mayor of Hell / Lady Killer / Black Legion / Brother Orchid)
The Busby Berkeley Collection (Footlight Parade / Gold Diggers of 1933 / Dames / Gold Diggers of 1935 / 42nd Street)

I also saw:
Warner Gangsters Collection, Vol. 1 (The Public Enemy / White Heat / Angels with Dirty Faces / Little Caesar / The Petrified Forest / The Roaring Twenties)
Warner Gangsters Collection, Vol. 4 (The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse / Invisible Stripes / Kid Galahad / Larceny, Inc. / The Little Giant / Public Enemies: The Golden Age of the Gangster Film)
The Marlon Brando Collection (Julius Caesar / Mutiny on the Bounty 1962 / Reflections in a Golden Eye / The Teahouse of the August Moon / The Formula )
World War II Collection: Volume One - Battlefront Europe (The Big Red One Two-Disc Special Edition / The Dirty Dozen / Battle of the Bulge / Battleground / Where Eagles Dare)
World War II Collection, Vol. 2 - Heroes Fight for Freedom (36 Hours / Air Force / Command Decision / Hell to Eternity / The Hill / Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo)
Sam Peckinpah's Legendary Westerns Collection (The Wild Bunch / Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid / Ride the High Country / The Ballad of Cable Hogue)

I can't remember what else. I know there were some of the Signature Collection, but I can't remember which ones. I don't think I saw Busby Berkeley Vol 2.
Old 11-15-13, 11:34 AM

Today I was in the same BJ's and was rather surprised to see that World War II Collection, Vol. 2, Warner Gangsters Collection, Vol. 1 & 2 were gone. Warner Gangsters Collection: Vol. 3 & 4 only had one copy left each. I'm wondering if a reseller swooped in and grabbed them. Here are some of the ones I didn't mention last time:

Ronald Reagan - The Signature Collection (Knute Rockne All American / Kings Row / The Hasty Heart / Storm Warning / The Winning Team)
James Cagney - The Signature Collection (The Bride Came C.O.D. / Captains of the Clouds / The Fighting 69th / Torrid Zone / The West Point Story)
Frank Sinatra - The Early Years Collection (It Happened in Brooklyn / Step Lively / The Kissing Bandit / Double Dynamite / Higher and Higher)
Controversial Classics, Vol. 2 - The Power of Media (All the President's Men / Network / Dog Day Afternoon)

I still feel like I'm forgetting 1 or 2.
Old 11-20-13, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
Today I was in the same BJ's and was rather surprised to see that World War II Collection, Vol. 2, Warner Gangsters Collection, Vol. 1 & 2 were gone. Warner Gangsters Collection: Vol. 3 & 4 only had one copy left each. I'm wondering if a reseller swooped in and grabbed them. Here are some of the ones I didn't mention last time:

Ronald Reagan - The Signature Collection (Knute Rockne All American / Kings Row / The Hasty Heart / Storm Warning / The Winning Team)
James Cagney - The Signature Collection (The Bride Came C.O.D. / Captains of the Clouds / The Fighting 69th / Torrid Zone / The West Point Story)
Frank Sinatra - The Early Years Collection (It Happened in Brooklyn / Step Lively / The Kissing Bandit / Double Dynamite / Higher and Higher)
Controversial Classics, Vol. 2 - The Power of Media (All the President's Men / Network / Dog Day Afternoon)

I still feel like I'm forgetting 1 or 2.
Here's one for $14.99 that I seen today:
The Martin Scorsese Collection (After Hours/Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore/Goodfellas/Mean Streets/Who's That Knocking At My Door?).
Old 11-20-13, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by bacigalup
Here's one for $14.99 that I seen today:
The Martin Scorsese Collection (After Hours/Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore/Goodfellas/Mean Streets/Who's That Knocking At My Door?).
I think there was another Scorsese Collection with Goodfellas, The Departed, The Aviator, and Mean Streets.
Old 04-10-14, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Complete TV Season sets for $9.99 per set:

Hogan's Heroes - Assorted seasons
Petticoat Junction - 1st & 2nd seasons

Spotted Rawhide season volumes for $9.99 per volume for seasons 2, 3, & 4.

Would have loved to have picked up both Petticoat Junction seasons & Rawhide season 3 volumes,
but Foxconnect has totally seduced my wallet.
Old 08-08-14, 01:05 PM

Not really a great deal, but I was surprised to see Criterion DVDs at BJ's today. They were stickered $19.99 each. I saw:

12 Angry Men
3:10 to Yuma
Godzilla
Red River
Rosemary's Baby
Old 08-09-14, 06:19 PM

I have a couple of BJ's in my general area but none closer than 20 miles. They keep printing coupons for a free visitors admission, but charge a freakin 15% surcharge if you purchase anything. No thanks! I will go to the free stores that have better selections and sale prices on a much broader scale of inventory.