DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

5/6 Disc Cases

Old 04-08-14, 02:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5/6 Disc Cases

Is there anyplace that sells standard size dvd cases that hold multiple discs that don't overlap? I found a place in Canada, but the price just for shipping is more than twice what the cases themselves cost. I was reading up on this and someone somewhere said that if you have cases where the discs overlap, you should put piece of tissue paper between where the discs touch. If overlapping cases are my only option, then I guess that's what I'll have to make do with. My ideal cases would be the normal 14mm width, a disc on the front, a disc on the back, and 2 trays with a disc on each side. But these seem really hard to find.

Last edited by HellTrack; 04-08-14 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-08-14, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: 5/6 Disc Cases

These overlap, but are very sturdy:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...0927&catid=886
Old 04-08-14, 09:37 PM
Banned

I may have to look into those. Thanks.
Old 04-15-14, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I am curious how they would make a case where the discs would not overlap? A dvd case is less than the height of two discs on edge, wouldnt they have to overlap? Whether they were facing the same way or opposite?
Old 04-15-14, 07:15 PM
Banned

There are several companies that use the kind of cases that I'm looking for. The Real Ghostbuster set has them. A disc is on the inside of the front cover, a disc is on the inside of the back cover. and several trays with a disc on each side. I know from the reviews, that the Murder She Wrote complete series has these same kind of cases. I have a 4 disc set that has four trays. I'm sure that there are a lot of cases like this out there. But it seems that you can't get them outside of the companys that package dvds.
Old 04-16-14, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by HellTrack
There are several companies that use the kind of cases that I'm looking for. The Real Ghostbuster set has them. A disc is on the inside of the front cover, a disc is on the inside of the back cover. and several trays with a disc on each side. I know from the reviews, that the Murder She Wrote complete series has these same kind of cases. I have a 4 disc set that has four trays. I'm sure that there are a lot of cases like this out there. But it seems that you can't get them outside of the companys that package dvds.
So you're only concerned that the non label side not overlap?
FYI, I have used a lot of overlapping multi disc cases, and never had a problem with overlapping discs getting scratched.
Old 05-10-14, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The cases you're looking for are made by Viva (the same Hong Kong-based company that makes the common Viva Elite Blu-ray case). While their Blu-ray cases are easy to find, I've never seen any of their DVD cases for sale anyplace. They seem to be made exclusively for bulk sale. You can see their entire product line - including all the different non-overlapping, standard-sized multi-disc DVD cases - on their website: http://www.viva.com.hk/index.asp.
Old 05-24-14, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These might be it. Larger quantity than I would like, but might order some anyway.

http://www.supermediastore.com/produ...-cases-50-pack
Old 05-25-14, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just for the record, those aren't the Viva cases that the studios use but rather some generic brand made with recycled polypropylene. Personally, I find them too cheap and flimsy in construction and hate the disgusting smell that recycled polypropylene cases have.
Old 10-20-14, 01:21 PM

Kinda late, but saw these noted in another topic. Good pricing: http://www.genesysdtp.com/dvdbox.htm