Search this Thread

Old 05-20-13, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Hawaii Five-O -- Season Finale -- "Aloha. Malama Pono" -- 5/20/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Christine Lahti, Ian Antony Dale, Daniel Henney and Autumn Reeser Return

"Aloha. Malama Pono" - As the CIA tasks Five-0 with finding a dangerous killer loose on the island, Kono goes on the run for a murder she did not commit. Meanwhile, McGarrett's prison visit to Wo Fat ends with a shocking discovery, on the third season finale of HAWAII FIVE-0, Monday, May 20 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(*Aloha. Malama Pono" is Hawaiian for "Farewell and Take Care")

Episode 24 of 24

Very inconsistent season with some crappy serialized arcs. Kind of glad it's over. Moving to Fridays in the Fall. Hopefully they go back to just standalone plots with a few multi-episode arcs. Hopefully No more Wo Fat, Doris etc.
Old 05-20-13, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Re: Hawaii Five-O -- Season Finale -- "Aloha. Malama Pono" -- 5/20/13

I know the teaser implies someone from the team is gone but I'd prefer it if Doris/Lahti died a horrible death.
Old 05-21-13, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

Kono is a beyotch. First of all she knows Fong likes her and she thanks him for being a good friend. Thanks, he loved hearing that. Then he gets stabbed because of her. And then she leaves for china without visiting him in the hospital.

Useless
Old 05-21-13, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
Kono is a beyotch. First of all she knows Fong likes her and she thanks him for being a good friend. Thanks, he loved hearing that. Then he gets stabbed because of her. And then she leaves for china without visiting him in the hospital.

Useless
I was thinking the same thing. Is Grace Park really off the show? Did she quit or get fired?

Why didn't Steve and his mom finish their conversation about Wo Fat at the dock? For all they knew, they could have been their last opportunity to speak to each other. Anything could happen after the ship left.
Old 05-21-13, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

at that cliffhanger. I also just love how they gloss over how 1) the brother knew that the CSI guy had the gloves and 2) he can just waltz right into a crime lab in the middle of the day.

I wouldn't mind Grace Park being off the show if Catherine becomes part of the team. Kono was only cool when she was unrealistically beating the crap out of some dude or dropping a shipping container on bad guys. Grace Park is overrated in the looks department too.

I guess that LCDR that Catherine ran into must be behind that raid on Wo Fat.
Old 05-21-13, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
at that cliffhanger. I also just love how they gloss over how 1) the brother knew that the CSI guy had the gloves and 2) he can just waltz right into a crime lab in the middle of the day.

I wouldn't mind Grace Park being off the show if Catherine becomes part of the team. Kono was only cool when she was unrealistically beating the crap out of some dude or dropping a shipping container on bad guys. Grace Park is overrated in the looks department too.

I guess that LCDR that Catherine ran into must be behind that raid on Wo Fat.
More scantily-dressed Catherine would be a major upgrade to Kono.
Old 05-21-13, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Their both too skinny for me... though catherine does look better then Kono, thats for sure.
Old 05-21-13, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Christine Lahti, Ian Antony Dale, Daniel Henney and Autumn Reeser Return

"Aloha. Malama Pono" - As the CIA tasks Five-0 with finding a dangerous killer loose on the island, Kono goes on the run for a murder she did not commit. Meanwhile, McGarrett's prison visit to Wo Fat ends with a shocking discovery, on the third season finale of HAWAII FIVE-0, Monday, May 20 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(*Aloha. Malama Pono" is Hawaiian for "Farewell and Take Care")

Episode 24 of 24

Very inconsistent season with some crappy serialized arcs. Kind of glad it's over. Moving to Fridays in the Fall. Hopefully they go back to just standalone plots with a few multi-episode arcs. Hopefully No more Wo Fat, Doris etc.
I haven't watched the episode yet but how neat would it be for Wo Fat to say: Steve, I am your father...
Old 05-21-13, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by barelypure
I haven't watched the episode yet but how neat would it be for Wo Fat to say: Steve, I am your father...
That's what I was thinking
Old 05-21-13, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk God

at how Adam's brother casually breaks into the crime lab.

HPD has shitty security.

Poor Fong. Does a huge favor for Kono, gets stabbed and all he gets is a "You're a good friend" and not even a goodbye from Kono.

We've talked about this before, but it really seems like they are setting up Steve and Wo Fat to be half brothers.

I wonder what Chin whispered in Kono's ear before she left.

The cliffhanger with the people breaking into the prison to get Wo Fat was interesting. So Alex O. is going to have to keep that same haircut for the next 2 1/2 months until they start filming again.

And of course Chin calls Leilani and Danny's museum girl returns.

BTW, what was the point of Justin Bruening guest starring? That was super lame. I know him from Knight Rider and Ringer last season. So he's Catherine's ex. Big fricking deal. That was like 3 minutes of screentime.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-21-13 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-21-13, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk God

BTW, what was the point of Justin Bruening guest starring? That was super lame. I know him from Knight Rider and Ringer last season. So he's Catherine's ex. Big fricking deal. That was like 3 minutes of screentime.
Like I said before - I assume he's part of this Delta Force that's apparently storming Wo Fat's personal prison, otherwise having that random scene makes no sense.
Old 05-21-13, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Like I said before - I assume he's part of this Delta Force that's apparently storming Wo Fat's personal prison, otherwise having that random scene makes no sense.
Okay, I overlooked that. That makes sense if that's indeed the case. Hopefully he's in next season's premiere then. Otherwise, that would have been a pointless random scene.
Old 05-21-13, 05:26 PM

You know, this show is getting even stupider than The Following. A high speed chase endangering who knows how many innocent people to let a murder suspect who happens to be a cop escape and nobody is arrested, fired or even suspended? No public outrage or calls for the abolishment of this rogue department? More roughing up a suspect in public and threatening the life of another suspects family? Not to mention ignoring an affair going on between an officer and the head of an organized crime family with absolutely no repercussion for said officer. They really need to hit the reset button and take it back to the spirit of the original 5-0. The first McGarrett might have been sanctimonious but at least he didn't selectively enforce the laws he agreed with or ignore or break the ones he didn't like. And if they want to get rid of anyone, deep six Jersey Danny - I hate him. He's more of a putz every episode and besides, short people got no reason to live. :-)
Old 05-21-13, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts

My affiliate kept randomly cutting from the show to storm cover age, and I'm not entirely how much of the show I missed. Was Autumn Reeser (Danny's gf) only in the one scene at the end, or was there something more to that?
Old 05-21-13, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
My affiliate kept randomly cutting from the show to storm cover age, and I'm not entirely how much of the show I missed. Was Autumn Reeser (Danny's gf) only in the one scene at the end, or was there something more to that?
Only the scene at the end. It was like they were creating some closure to some of the "loose end" personal relationships. He came home and she was in the room with her bags.
Old 05-21-13, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by barelypure
I'm guessing more "Steve, I an your brother."
Old 05-21-13, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Apparently Grace Park is pregnant. That's why she had to be written out. There is a photo online that shows her pregnant. They resume filming again in mid-late July, so it makes sense.

Nothing official has been stated on when she's coming back, but the showrunner of 5-O said on Twitter that Kono isn't done yet.

I'm guessing that Catherine will move into Kono's role on the team next season.
Old 05-22-13, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

They bring back all the women, but I guess they can't bring Lori back.

What a stupid episode. Was all of Forensics on lunch? They don't think that the crime lab has security cameras everywhere to record Michael killing Fong? They give Adam a way to look strong in the eyes of the Yakuza in killing his brother/rival, but they make him even weaker by having him go on the run? HPD doesn't arrest any of 5-0 for obstruction and/or harboring a fugitive? And they tease the fuck out of the whole deal with Doris & Wo Fat just to leave it as a cliffhanger?
Old 05-22-13, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by devilshalo
They bring back all the women, but I guess they can't bring Lori back.

What a stupid episode. Was all of Forensics on lunch? They don't think that the crime lab has security cameras everywhere to record Michael killing Fong? They give Adam a way to look strong in the eyes of the Yakuza in killing his brother/rival, but they make him even weaker by having him go on the run? HPD doesn't arrest any of 5-0 for obstruction and/or harboring a fugitive? And they tease the fuck out of the whole deal with Doris & Wo Fat just to leave it as a cliffhanger?
Fong isn't dead. They said he survived surgery.
Old 05-22-13, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by 45shooter
You know, this show is getting even stupider than The Following. A high speed chase endangering who knows how many innocent people to let a murder suspect who happens to be a cop escape and nobody is arrested, fired or even suspended? No public outrage or calls for the abolishment of this rogue department? More roughing up a suspect in public and threatening the life of another suspects family? Not to mention ignoring an affair going on between an officer and the head of an organized crime family with absolutely no repercussion for said officer. They really need to hit the reset button and take it back to the spirit of the original 5-0. The first McGarrett might have been sanctimonious but at least he didn't selectively enforce the laws he agreed with or ignore or break the ones he didn't like. And if they want to get rid of anyone, deep six Jersey Danny - I hate him. He's more of a putz every episode and besides, short people got no reason to live. :-)
And to top it off, they didn't even eat any of Fat Boy's shrimp this episode!!!!
Old 05-22-13, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

I wonder what Chin whispered in Kono's ear before she left.
Was there more than "Follow your heart?" That sounded like all he said.
Old 05-22-13, 10:06 AM

You want lame, you have 10 guys standing along the wall leading to the safe door cell of Wo Fat. They wouldn't do that. They would be in a control room with monitors watching Wo Fat and any doors leading to his cell.

Also, as thick as that door was they sure were cutting thru it awfully quick. I don't know of any torch that could cut thru a foot of steel like that.
Old 05-22-13, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And a minor nit during the chase with the black Escalade: When they figure out what the suspect is driving, they say "black Escalade." Then during the chase, Catherine says it's a black Suburban.

In addition to the points of the previous posts, it's obvious the writing on this show has just gotten lazy.
Old 05-22-13, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Just gotten lazy?
Old 05-22-13, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You have a valid point!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.