Dallas -- "Guilt & Innocence" -- 3/25/13

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-13, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Dallas -- "Guilt & Innocence" -- 3/25/13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

The Ewings divide when it's suspected that Christopher's technology caused a disaster. Elsewhere, Sue Ellen enlists an old friend for help as Bobby strives to keep the family together; Pamela's mother returns to Dallas; and Emma draws closer to Drew, who in turn faces a dark secret.

Episode 10 of 15
Old 03-25-13, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Dallas -- "Guilt & Innocence" -- 3/25/13

Really disliked this episode (sigh)...

It focused too much on outsiders instead of the Ewings. I don't care at all for Drew, Harris or his mother. I hope the mother is gone for good now. Drew can leave town anytime now too. I don't care too much for Emma either, but at least her mom is a Ewing by marriage so Emma is sort of connected to the Ewings. In general, I think too much of this version of Dallas takes place away from Southfork, which played a bigger role in the old version because most of the players lived there. There were lots of entertaining dinners (fights) in the dining room and breakfasts on the patio. There's none of that in this version. This show needs more Ewings and more scenes at Southfork.

And why is it that the young characters on the show just keep swapping bed partners like there aren't any other fish in the sea? Christopher breaks up with Elena, so John Ross hooks up with her. Then they break up and Christopher hooks up with Elena again. Christopher marries Rebecca/Pamela, then breaks up with her, so naturally John Ross hooks up with her. Then he hooks up with Emma. Not content with just John Ross, now Emma's hooking up with Drew too. I know it's a soap, but come on already. This show needs a supercouple to root for over the course of the series (like the way audiences followed Bobby and Pam's ups and downs for years and years).

I guess Gary and Valene reconciled and went back to Knots Landing since they weren't in tonight's episode, but we didn't even get a scene with them saying goodbye to the Dallas Ewings. In last week's brief scene where they reunited, they didn't speak, and Gary looked disappointed to see his wife. When did they make up?

The only part of this episode I liked was Afton returning, but for some reason the writers turned her into a bitch. Afton wasn't that way in the old version. Yes, she started out having an affair with J.R. at Lucy and Mitch's wedding, but she spent most of her years in Dallas shacked up with Cliff. If anything, she was a victim of his outbursts and rage and often had Pam's sympathy because of it. She wasn't a catty bitch like she was tonight. (Kudos to Audrey Landers for finding herself a great plastic surgeon. She looks like she's hardly aged at all!)

And what was up with Pamela's doctor? She had a really cold bedside manner right from the beginning. Terrible acting.
Old 03-25-13, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was a bit dissapointed in no Gary and Val but good to see Lee Majors.

Last edited by riley_dude; 03-25-13 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-26-13, 07:17 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Audrey Landers did look very good.

I still stand by though that Brenda Strong is the best looking woman on the show.
Old 03-26-13, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Yeah, I don't get turning Afton into a bitch...but I don't get turning Cliff into a terrorist, either.

Lee Majors fits into this series like an old glove...great casting! I hope they make him a regular next year (if there IS a next year)...I can't think of too many actors that could replace Larry Hagman, but Lee might be one. Hard to believe he never guest-starred on the show before.
Old 03-26-13, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

at turning Cliff Barnes into a terrorist bomber conspirator

Audrey Landers looked really good. Very GILF-like. I'm not familiar with the Afton character, so I can't comment on how this version was really unlike the original.

I agree with Dex for a 50+ year old woman, Brenda Strong is really hot.

Nice bringing in Lee Majors on as Sue Ellen's ex? Hope we'll see more of him.

I agree with Joe. That Asian doctor was a fucking ****. Who treats their patients and spouses like that in such a critical emergency? Unless they were screwing with us, looks like Chris and Pam's babies are DOA.
Old 03-27-13, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by riley_dude
I was a bit dissapointed in no Gary and Val but good to see Lee Majors.
Yeah. That was good casting. Haven't seen him in ages.

Originally Posted by dex14
Audrey Landers did look very good.
I'm sure she's had some work done (nothing wrong with that), but she looked better than I expected.
Old 03-27-13, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I'm sure she's had some work done (nothing wrong with that), but she looked better than I expected.

Audrey Landers = good work

Joan Van Ark = bad work
Old 03-27-13, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Yeah, it also helps when graded against the curve of the old Dallas generation.