Kickstarter: shadowrun returns

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-05-12, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...urns?ref=users

Shoot Straight. Conserve Ammo. And Never Cut a Deal With A Dragon.

Jordan Weisman, the creator of Shadowrun, is back and Shadowrun Returns*(for Apple & Android tablets and PCs) is the game that Shadowrun fans have been waiting for a long time. A graphically rich 2D turn-based single player game with deep story interaction, meaningful character development, and highly-contextual tactical combat, Shadowrun Returns is not only going to make some old geeks (like us) very happy but it will introduce new players to a dynamic gaming universe that is beloved around the world.*
While it seems that kick starters getting over saturated, I have enough fond memories of shadowrun pnp as well as the sega game
Old 04-05-12, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Kickstarter: shadowrun returns

Kickstarter is bleeding me dry with this retro stuff. I'm in for this, Wasteland 2, and Leisure Suit Larry.
Old 04-05-12, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Funded in 28 hours, at 498k right now.
Old 04-06-12, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 391 Likes on 294 Posts

I used to play Shadowrun on the Genesis and SNES. Fun times.
Old 04-06-12, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A real Shadowrun game would be impressive. $15 isn't really that bad either if it ends being even half as good as it sounds. (And thanks Duran , now I might be interested in the Lesiure Suit Larry one too). Is it wrong of me though to wish that these would come to Xbox Live though? I just don't care for PC games even though as of a few months ago I have a machine that actually supports most modern games. I write, I surf the web, I facebook, I mess with graphics but really don't care to game.

I'll think about these two projects though and possibly donate.
Old 04-06-12, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

New video and new image..fund more get more

Mac support and riggers have been added, reach 1 million and there will be 2nd city, backers choice and more

Last edited by superdeluxe; 04-07-12 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-07-12, 12:41 PM

I wish at a certain tier (well $100 or under anyway), they would do a physical copy with box. But maybe if it gets enough funding they will do it. Interested in that editor even if it is ugly (now with a little more lipstick *lawls*)
Old 04-07-12, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kedrix
I wish at a certain tier (well $100 or under anyway), they would do a physical copy with box. But maybe if it gets enough funding they will do it. Interested in that editor even if it is ugly (now with a little more lipstick *lawls*)
They might be waiting on that for future pushes, you can't give all your goodies/videos all at once..you have to stagger to keep the interest up.
Old 04-07-12, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
A real Shadowrun game would be impressive. $15 isn't really that bad either if it ends being even half as good as it sounds. (And thanks Duran , now I might be interested in the Lesiure Suit Larry one too). Is it wrong of me though to wish that these would come to Xbox Live though? I just don't care for PC games even though as of a few months ago I have a machine that actually supports most modern games. I write, I surf the web, I facebook, I mess with graphics but really don't care to game.

I'll think about these two projects though and possibly donate.
I think the problem is that consoles are somewhat expensive as platforms (for a community-funded game, anyway). Tim Schaefer mentioned it was around $40,000 to patch a game on XBLA. It's probably higher just to get the game on it, and I think with these projects they want to put as much into the game itself, rather than licensing fees.

We'll see what Double Fine does with their adventure game. They raised so much that I would think that if any of these projects could get on the consoles, it's that one. But if they pass, I wouldn't hold out much hope for the others.
Old 04-08-12, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently donated to kickstarter for a buddy's short film. I couldn't imagine donating to it for something that doesn't have any personal connection. Just my thoughts (well not grundle too's thoughts).
Old 04-08-12, 11:21 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by grundle too
I recently donated to kickstarter for a buddy's short film. I couldn't imagine donating to it for something that doesn't have any personal connection. Just my thoughts (well not grundle too's thoughts).
I've donated to about half a dozen projects -- all video games and comics (because I still think like a 12 year old boy, apparently). One was a friend's project; the rest were all things where I wanted the rewards at the price being offered. All have been from reputable authors/developers -- people with a track record of putting out product, so I'm hopefully not throwing money at vaporware.
Old 04-08-12, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My pledges have been primarily for board games. They have all had exclusive KS items which makes them extremely tradeable if the game is disliked.
Old 04-14-12, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

New update and 1 million dollar mark achieved

New rewards tier 125$ deluxe box set game comes on sr/ks custom USB dog chain

Also a shadowrun primer to read up on the universe

http://harebrained-schemes.com/shadowrun/primer/
Old 04-14-12, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Republique has lots of promise, but I don't feel the need to kick in $15+ donation for a game that will be in the sub $5 price range.

I don't mind Kickstarter helping get games made, I just haven't seen one that has grabbed my attention yet.
Old 04-15-12, 09:38 AM

Well I was thinking about the $100 tier, now with the box set on the $125, I almost have to consider that instead (since that is one of the main things I was looking for in the beginning). Glad it made the over million, but there was little doubt once it hit the initial goal so quickly. I think about it for another week and then act.
Old 04-20-12, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

New Shadowrun update, T-shirt designs for those that back at 60$ level as well as new all digital reward tier:

Old 04-25-12, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

another update:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s/posts/214053

More added benefits to the different reward tiers:

As well as a picture of doc card:

We're sweetening the deal for our $30 Reward Level backers! In addition to everything they already get, they’ll also get the IN-GAME DocWagon benefit too!
A Reminder: Every backer at the $50 level and above gets their own copy of the SOUNDTRACK!
Reading through the comments about the Backer T-shirts, we see lots of fans for all three designs, so we’ve decided NOT to survey backers about which shirt back you want most. INSTEAD, backers at the $60.00 level and above get to choose which shirt they want!
Today, we’re incredibly excited to announce that Marshall Parker, who wrote the music for the Super Nintendo game and Sam Powell, who wrote the music for the Sega Genesis game, have agreed to COLLABORATE on the music for Shadowrun Returns.
Old 04-25-12, 01:09 PM

Awesome, for the backer shirts I was leaning towards the gray w/ blue just because it is different from all of the black shirts I own. The only negative to that shirt is that it does not actually say Shadowrun which is odd compared to the other two.
Old 04-28-12, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ShadowRun is in its final hours, Its made its final 'stretch' goal of 1.75. (with paypal it is over 1.8)

I think it gets close to 2 million, maybe like 1.90 (including paypal). I think they could hit 2 million if there was additional details about the game/new rewards..looks like they are good of just riding this to the end, the last few updates they haven't offered any new game ideas or rewards.
Old 04-29-12, 12:12 AM

It's down to under 2 hours now!! Can't wait
For all you people who haven't pledged, go for it
Old 04-29-12, 09:13 AM

I did my pledge yesterday afternoon (all $125 of it)...and they ended up at well over 1.8 million (supposedly almost 1.9 once they included the paypal stuff). I just hope they keep up regular updates since it will be next year before we see the actual game. But I am super excited, and can't wait to see the level editor among other things.
Old 05-11-12, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Everyone that backed this, you should be getting or have already gotten your surveys for the 2nd city, Here were the options:

And some results are already coming out:

Old 05-13-12, 11:57 AM

I went with Denver. A smuggler's paradise sounds like the best idea to me. But unfortunately, it does not look it has much of a chance. If I had to do a second, I would have done Hong Kong though.
Old 05-13-12, 12:25 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I voted for Chicago, but really, I can see interesting potential in all six, so I'm sure I'll love whatever they come up with.
Old 05-13-12, 02:20 PM

It would be cool if they added the other areas as expansions/dlc to continue the game.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.