Reload this Page >

The Vampire Diaries -- "Stand by Me" -- 02/21/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-23-13, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

After much denial, Elena realizes that Jeremy is truly dead. Bonnie agrees to help Shane by killing twelve more people to get the proper magic needed to break the veil between this realm and where all supernatural beings go when they die. If this veil is broken successfully, every supernatural being that has died will come back to life. Also, with the veil broken, Silas will no longer be able to die. When Bonnie tells everyone about her plans, they all tell her it's a terrible idea. Caroline tries to reach Tyler but is unsuccessful. Matt has a hard time with Jeremy's death. Rebekah leaves Vaughn to die in a cave after he warns her that no one is safe from Silas. Damon makes Elena shut off her humanity because the pain of losing Jeremy is too much for her. After she flips the switch, Elena burns down the Gilbert house as a cover story for Jeremy's death. Disguised as Shane, Silas returns back to Mystic Falls with the group.

Looks like this is the last new episode until March 14th.
Old 02-23-13, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Stand by Me" -- 02/21/13

Didn't appear to be a thread for this so I made one.

This show was sluggish during the front half of the season, but it's really been hitting it's stride again the last few episodes.

Just when you think they're going to pull a magical rabbit out of the hat for Jeremy they sure enough finally kill him.

Talk about a roller coaster ride for Elena. She need most screwed over character on television award. It will be very interesting to see the new version 3.0 of Elena, especially if she comes across Katherine.

Never liked Bonnie. I hope she can finally leave the show after this season. Wish she had of died instead of Jeremy.

Nice to see Matt break down at the end even though he appeared the strongest. Now he's the only remaining human on the show. He should have put it in drive and kept on doing out of town.

I had a hunch early on that Prof wasn't actually the real Prof Shane. Does that mean he is Silas and can change shape? He wasn't a ghost since Rebekah found the real Prof still barely alive.
Old 02-23-13, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

This show needs to STOP killing people!

Maybe they will fix some things down the line. I am surprised I did not notice who Silas was, they said earlier that he could change shape.

One thing I am curious about is what makes Silas so powerful? How long was he ever around before is was buried for a couple thousand years?
Old 02-24-13, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

The writers have left themselves a huge out with Silas and his supposed ability to raise the dead. I expect we see Jeremy back in some form, especially once some of the cast moves on to the spinoff. The potential spinoff is dictating too many of the storylines, narrowing the possible outcomes of the current plot.

And with Alaric's new show being dead on arrival, I expect to see him back in some form next year.

The current staff must have been huge fans of Buffy and Lost, Silas adopting multiple identities is a cheap way to introduce a new character without having to hire a new actor.
Old 02-24-13, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Somewhat, but it does leave you guessing on who is who. Also, I assume somebody would play his actual self at some point. It's not like this show typically hires big guest spots like Arrow has been this year.
Old 02-24-13, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Are the Originals not so original now that Silas is up and about?
Old 02-25-13, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
Are the Originals not so original now that Silas is up and about?
Still trying to figure that one out, they acted like vampires are a witches curse, now they are not?
Old 02-25-13, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well they said he's immortal, but not necissarily a vampire I thought. Then again I guess the cure is only for vampirism?

Didn't the first time we meet Klaus he wasn't in his body?
Old 02-25-13, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I guess he is the double original vampire, but he might have no descendants since he was punished as soon as he shared his immortality with the non Bennett witch.

Maybe in this world immortality is simply synonymous with vampire.
Old 02-25-13, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Everything I've understood from the show about Silas is that he is more than a simple vampire.
Old 02-26-13, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silas, Klaus, just feels like it's been there done that. It's always some unknown super powerful vampire that's been dead and buried for a zillion years...next season we'll have another "oh my god you don't want to wake him" vampire again...
Old 02-26-13, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's sorta the 90s-era Star Trek problem: build up an unstoppable supervillian, then humanize them. Then no, here's a real unstoppable supervillian, then humanize them. Lather rinse repeat.