Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

CRAVE (2012) (dir. Charles de Lauzirika) (Josh Lawson, Ron Perlman, Emma Lung)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-12, 02:04 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Movie:
"Crave" (Starring: Josh Lawson, Ron Perlman, Emma Lung, Edward Furlong)

Release Date:
unknown

Running Time:
113 min. (1h. 53m.)

IMDb Synopsis:
Spoiler:
A man struggles to cope with life's annoyances and romances, while trying to distinguish between fantasy and reality.

Trailer:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KFRZ-VDgSt0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Poster Art:

--

I got to see this on Saturday night at my local film festival. The director was in attendance.

I really enjoyed this flick. The director is pretty open about the fact that Taxi Driver is a heavy influence, and you can see it in the story, but don't let that fool you. There's some genuine comedy and romance thrown in for good measure, yet it still manages to be a dark noir-ish kind of film. It defies genre. The majority of the cinematography is stunning; absolutely gorgeous. You can tell that a lot of effort went into composing each scene. The acting isn't Oscar-worthy, but it's solid. If I have any complaint there, it's that the voice-over doesn't always work, and there's one too many "gotcha" moments. Overall, a very solid effort for a first-time feature-film director. I'll gladly pick this one up on Blu-ray if/when it gets released.

As for the director... he's responsible for many fantastic DVDs and Blu-rays that have been released throughout the years. He convinced Ridley Scott to let him handle the first release of Gladiator, and since then he's produced features for nearly all of Scott's films as well as others. At the screening I attended, he did a great Q&A. He mentioned that he's attached to direct an adaptation of a Philip K. Dick short story. As a sucker for all PKD adaptations (yes, even Next), I really hope that works out.
Old 10-01-12, 03:47 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: CRAVE (2012) (dir. Charles de Lauzirika) (Josh Lawson, Ron Perlman, Emma Lung)

I missed the screenings here at Fantastic Fest, but I plan on seeing it when it gets released. I'm glad de Lauzirika finally gets a chance to direct a feature length movie, he's worked with so many good director's over the past decade.
Old 01-09-13, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CRAVE (2012) (dir. Charles de Lauzirika) (Josh Lawson, Ron Perlman, Emma Lung)

I really want to see this but is it out on dvd yet? I can't find any release date. Can't tell if I've missed it or I'm too early. Anyone? (thanx)
Old 01-10-13, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hollyvelocity
I really want to see this but is it out on dvd yet? I can't find any release date. Can't tell if I've missed it or I'm too early. Anyone? (thanx)
They're still working on a distribution deal. I would expect it to hit theaters (possibly a limited release) sometime this summer.

fitprod
Old 02-07-14, 05:59 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

So, as far as I can tell, no DVD/Blu-ray is available, but it IS on Vudu now, if anyone is so inclined.

edit: It looks like a Blu-ray will be out next month, according to de Lauzirika. No specific date mentioned, but he says it's "fully loaded." I can't wait!

Last edited by Dan; 02-09-14 at 02:44 PM.