Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Got best DVD discount ever at Best Buy!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Got best DVD discount ever at Best Buy!

Old 06-06-01, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On Sunday I saw that Crouching Tiger... would be on sale on 6/5 at Best Buy for $16.99, then read about the DVD deals at K-Mart and decided to price match a couple of them at Best Buy and also saw that circuit City was selling The Matrix DVD for $16.99, I know almost everyone but me on the board must have it, so decided to price match to. Also had my good ol' Shaw's Card with 10% off all DVDs, so long story short here's my price list. first price included Shaw's 10% discount. Prices in parethases() are original price at Best Buy.

Crouching Tiger... $15.29($16.99)
The Mummy: UE $ 8.95($23.99)
X-Men $ 8.95($22.99)
Go $ 8.95($14.99)
The Matrix $15.29($19.99)
--------------
Subtotal $60.01($98.95)
Sales Tax 4.5% $ 2.58($ 4.45)
--------------
Total $60.01($103.40)

For a total % savings of 41.9%. Is that a bargin or what? Just went to the cashier and showed the ads, and the Shaw's Card and my brochure for the 10% off and he said OK. Mind you for the Shaw's card I'm in eastern Virgina where they've never heard of Shaw's, but will take the card with the proof; I've heard in some other states BB will not take it, so check for availability. Also looking back I relized that Go was not on sale at Kmart, but it was a pic for Gone in 60 Seconds, but neither me, nor the clerk caught that so oh well, but that 60 on the cover really looks like Go on a side note. God this post is longer than I expected! Anyways anyone else have any good B&M bargin stories like this that they want to share? Well that's it(Thank God!)

[Edited by MDawg957 on 06-05-01 at 10:07 PM]
Old 06-06-01, 12:10 AM

Sorry I can't get the prices to line up properly. Can anyone tell me how to fix it. And no, you can't just add more spaces in the text box editor in case someone was going to say that. I think you need to do some HTML or something, but not sure. Thanks
Old 06-07-01, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Best deal I ever got at BB was Braveheart (new release at the time) for $9.99. I think they had entered the price wrong but us early birds got an additional $10 savings!
Old 06-07-01, 01:49 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
best deal I ever got at best buy? There was a cart in the parking lot...no bag, no nothing..just inside is a copy of Britney Spears "Time out with Britney" or something like that....still in its wrap. So I take it back in to the store to let them know..get up to the counter..the guy looks at it..calls some dude over.."well...keep it..if they come back asking, we will just give them another copy"

and I am like..."uh ok"

to this day it is still in its wrap...come to think of it, it was not that good of a deal in the first place. Sorry for taking up that minute of your life.
Old 06-07-01, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

foxdvd...if you give me a dollar i'll take it off your hands!
Old 06-07-01, 02:56 PM

Originally posted by foxdvd
best deal I ever got at best buy? There was a cart in the parking lot...no bag, no nothing..just inside is a copy of Britney Spears "Time out with Britney" or something like that....still in its wrap. So I take it back in to the store to let them know..get up to the counter..the guy looks at it..calls some dude over.."well...keep it..if they come back asking, we will just give them another copy"

and I am like..."uh ok"

to this day it is still in its wrap...come to think of it, it was not that good of a deal in the first place. Sorry for taking up that minute of your life.

Old 06-07-01, 08:46 PM
WPS
Banned

Originally posted by DVD007
Originally posted by foxdvd

and I am like..."uh ok"